> voyteckst (also for this text ;-))
> matriX1218 (for boot logo)
Guys, I have to stop here in contributing in this project. Today my Omnia Pro died (RIP, my old pal).
Later this weekend I will publish a fresh copy of Froyo 2.2.3 with improved battery live and more speed. This will be my last froyo image for B7610.
I am currently enjoying Galaxy S2 from work and for private use I became a Galaxy Gio from a friend, I think I am going to play around with that.
I enjoyed working on this special project, from which I learned very much about linux kernels and android very much, as I started with zero knowledge @ the start of this project for Omnia II when I was very willing to have this working on Omnia Pro.
As I said, I will publish one last image. Currently one of the users wants a Swedish keyboard layout, I will finish that if the requested textfile is returned.
If someone is able and willing to take over from here, take a look @ my github account which is a good start for android 2.2.3 and is based on (almost) latest sources for Samsung Spica (very similar to our devices) from CM, samdroid and Voku.
Kernelsources are here. I will transfer them also to github, to be sure.
I will keep track on this forum for a while, to help anyone who wants to take over. Remember, I had zero knowledge too, if you want to learn you will learn, all info (except for wifi) is available on the internet and findable with google.
Marketupdate + Filemanager.
Download from my website
CM BETA2 ------------> DOWNLOAD
Download this update and place zImage and cm_o2_update.tar.gz on root of my storage after installer ends and phone is rebooted to WinMo (so, yes, replace zImage)
The zImage that came with the CM BETA image is having some troubles with booting.
SpicagenMod Froyo for B7610, Beta2
Thanx to elbee1972 for pointing the way for B7610
Based on CyanogenMod 6.1.1
* Froyo 2.2.3 from latest voku sources
* 184.108.40.206 kernel from i8000, patched to B7610
* Gallery 3D from voku/gingerbread
* ADWLauncher from nadlabak/gingerbread
* Phone.apk from CyanogenMod, because Vokusource crashes
* Textcolor statusbar
* Phone-ring delay. However drastically improved, it is still there
* Still using the "old" phonepart method. On latest sources from Sandor the phone does not boot
* Still no wifi/BT and no ETA
HOW TO INSTALL
1. Download installpackage from http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php
2. Unzip according to README from installpackage
3. Download this package, replace ext4.tar.gz and zImage in the rootdir of the just unzipped installpackage.
4. Follow readme steps in README from installpackage.
Note: There is no need to execute any of the cm_update_*.sh scripts. For B7610 this is not nessecary.
Update 09-12-2011: Headsetfix -------->DOWNLOAD
(You can't answer and/or end a call with headsetbutton. But earphones / mic work.)
Place cm_o2_update.tar.gz from zipfile on your my storage and boot Android
NOTE: When applying update, booting can take a long time!
CM-6.1.1 BETA1 FOR B7610
Phone, text messages, data working
Based on CyanogenMod 6.1.1 for Spica, slightly modified for B7610.
Bootanimation from matriX1218 (thanks!)
This will wipe your current install! Only fresh install possible!
For automatic install:
1. Copy o2beta folder from installer-package from developers-site to my storage. Copy haret.exe from installer-package to root of my storage.
2. copy ext4.tar.gz and zImage from this download to the root of your my storage.
3. Follow steps from readme from installer-package.
No further upgrades/updates are needed at this moment (todo: check Apps2SD)
The tricks of cm_update_wm.sh and so on DON'T apply to this!
* ??Headphones Bug??
* WIFI AND BLUETOOTH ARE STILL NOT WORKING IN THIS UPDATE
* Phone will get hot in beginning, due to updating (system) apps from Market
Please don't mirror. I use stats to get energy, it tells me what I am doing it for
2011-11-19 (rev 98)
- apps2sd fix from rev 183 phj
DOWNLOAD LATEST UPDATE FOR BETA3 ON GOOGLE PROJECTPAGE
As always, unzip and place files on my storage. Boot android. After full boot, reboot.
2011-11-15 (rev 96)
Reverted wrong (double) fix in compass, that set compass off..
2011-11-14 (rev 95)
- introduced B7610 sensorlib (based on GT-I5700)
- azimuth fix for B7610 in ak8973.c compass working right now on B7610
- landscape/portrait fix for B7610 reworked, now fixed in ak8973.c
Note: IF you install the update manually, (only if you install manually) you will have to remove /data/misc/akmd_set.txt before you apply the update.
2011-11-07 (rev 87)
- phj rev 182 Froyo Beta3 kern 2.6.32
- accelerometer adjusted to B7610 with original akmd2 from Beta3, operates smoother and quicker
- Done some work on compass for B7610, not working properly yet
- adjusted keyboarddriver B7610 to match kernel config rev 182 phj
- Rev 182 PHJ: mem bug fix, reserved memory changed, charging battery fixes, com
- phj rev 181 Froyo Beta3 kern 2.6.32
- accelerometer adjusted to B7610. Autorotate behaves as expected
- Homekey assigned to W&L key
Camera key is working, allthough not natively WinMo.
Keep it half-pressed for a second, and the camera will activate. When cam active, press of half-press will take a picture.
So half-press will not focus, but keep in mind autofocus doen’t work yet in the camera-driver.
Note: Allways do a reboot after updating to make it fully functional
* The keyboard-driver for sliding will be published to the google projectpage. It is compilable for I8000 too (old-style)
* For the keyboardslide, all credits go to Elbee72. I modified it a little. Thanx Bas!
* DPRAM is from former kernel, so is multipdp which is modified.
* Phonepart loading oldskool way, "official" dev way
Please post back your observations
Next challenge: Make sensors work.
Edited by erikcas, 01 June 2012 - 08:33 PM.