The tutorial was written in good way by erikcas
(thank you!) for first Android kernel available for B7610.
The procedure is the same and if you want to read the first one : This is the link
In every case, for new Android fans
....Froyo Beta 3 installation on SD (because MyMemory installation for the moment is not surely stable !):
1) Backup your SD card BEFORE TO INSTALL Android.
2) Download "Froyo Beta3"
in this page
selecting "Automatic Install Package"
3) Download "kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV75"
to this link
4) Transfer in "MyMemory"
of the phone the files-folder present in "Froyo Beta3" zip file
You must have:
- o2beta (folder)
5) As described in README.txt file present in "Froyo Beta3" zip file, select and just click "installandroid.exe"
in "o2beta" folder
All the extraction and installation procedure is totally automatic!
- Creation of ext3 Partition on SD
- Transfer of Android Files in ext3 partion on SD
- Install of Android Froyo in new ext3 partition on SD
- Creation of "Startup.txt" file in MyMemory
To launch Android select Haret.exe
in "MyMemory" (not in o2beta folder!)
First boot just to set the language
so that you will have correct country parameters and APN (I had immediately phone working)
6) Switch OFF pressing long time "turn off button" (in the bottom right of the phone)
7) Switch on in windows mobile
8) Transfer in Root of SD FAT 32 partition the "frb3update.tar.gz"
file present in "kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV75"
9) Using ubuntu terminal, type the next commands:
If FAT32 SD partition has label "DISK" and ext3 SD partition has label "Android" (I changed labels using "Gparted" of Ubuntu)
9.1) sudo -s
9.2) cd /media/DISK
9.3) sudo tar zxvf frb3update.tar.gz -C /media/Android
Now, if you want, you could delete "frb3update.tar.gz" by FAT32 SD partition because it is not necessary.
10) Transfer "zImage"
in "MyMemory" overwritting the old one.
11) Select Haret.exe
in MyMemory....FROYO FOR B7610 IS WORKING!!!
Then, if you want...
In order to enable dual boot OS selection
screen on B7610, follow these steps:
1. Get Gen.Y DualBOOT from HERE
2. Only use "Gen.Y DualBOOT WVGA v18.104.22.168 - Storage Card.cab" and delete other cabs.
3. Install cab on "Device Storage" (otherwise doesn't work)
4. Copy/move Haret.exe ,startup.txt, zImage
to root of SD card.
Some solution for actual problems (thanks to inf3rn0 and erikcas)
1) Install Clock sync
by market to solve no correct time for your country!
2) Deselect Automatic Rotation
in Settings --> Display to solve 90° error of the tilt sensor in "kernel-B7610-Froyo-REV75"
3) Type in /system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl
, on line 2 change key 22 BACK
to key 22 HOME
Short pressing while viewing the default homescreen displays all screens, while short pressing on 'other-than-default' homescreens switches to the default homescreen.
Holding displays recently used apps.
4) The above line changes the setting for the unlock button. If you prefer to set the W&L button as the home button,
change line 30 - key 13 BACK
to key 13 HOME
Sorry if I forgot something ....
Good day to everybody!