first off, a big up to all omnia2-devs for opening up all these possibilities for our beloved devices.
Also a big up for erikcas & elbee (i see their names popup here & at the googlecode pages) for adapting the kernel for our 'beloved' (or hated
My situation is as follows;
I've used the manual install method from the phj.ru page, and first booted with the included kernel. This booted fine and was working, albeit without keyboard support and with incorrect hardkey mapping, etc.
By my understanding Erik was able to get the keyboard working and correct the hardkey mapping, atm without outbound connections.
So i checked out revision 64 from googlecode svn (the latest to date), and compiled the kernel - all as is...
This gave me a non booting kernel, with a cursor blinking a couple of times in the top left-hand corner, and a screen blackout a couple of seconds later.
I checked out the compilation of the kernel again, and it seemed the kernel was a build of googlecode/svn/kern_oII - and from what I can understand I need the build of kern_2.6.32.
To achieve this, I edited the make_kernel script, commenting out the line that defines kern_oII as the kernel source directory.
Now the kernel also compiles, giving me a larger zImage than before (about 2k bigger) - so to me it seems like its compiling the .32 kernel.
Loading this kernel, the screen turns to the pink screen, -as the original i8000 kernel did at first boot- and stays on this screen for over 10 minutes. I waited so long because I have no idea if the 'dalvik-cache' needs to be recreated or whatever with this new kernel - it is only noted on phj.ru as the reason why the first boot takes so long
So I'm missing something, probably big
The command I execute to compile the kernel: # PHONEMODEL=b7610 make_kernel -kc
The script exits without error, copying the zImage to the out folder and all.
I replaced the 'working' i8000 kernel with this zImage and,... nothing.
Please enlighten me