[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Hi Voyteckst, no camera I still can barely live with,

only real "problem" I encounter once every few days, the phone would be "SOD" or reboot occasionally.

And some times, the reboot would be an infinity loop, need to soft reset

this tends to happen more often if I'm connecting it for charge or USB

ADD ON:i had a feeling proximity sensor could be further improve.when i still hv whatsapp running,i turned the phone over (and sensor covered of coz),then it halted

Also, auto brightness is not working in my cell.in wm,I've set tog auto af working w/o issue

Edited by Job21

Guest s jithu

enter terminal, first type SU

then the above string

i tryed this

open terminal and typed su i got root access granted and then i typed

-s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos

i also did

in-s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos

it appears not found

Edited by s jithu

i tryed this

i also did

it appears not found

it's "LN" (linux command of link)

i tryed this

i also did

it appears not found

you are typing it wrong. it is exactly "ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos". Space before the -s and the "ln" is ln not in (L not I and don't try it with uppercase L everything has to be lowercase).

Guest s jithu

you are typing it wrong. it is exactly "ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos". Space before the -s and the "ln" is ln not in (L not I and don't try it with uppercase L everything has to be lowercase).

im sorry silly mistake by my side

now i did as u said some comand line appears

:invalid option

now has to be done anything or just exit

Edited by s jithu

Guest korea555

I did a install of the CM Beta1 in internal memory as described, but I´m not sure if I did it correctly.

Now when I reboot the O2 and I click haret.exe within WM6.5 haret starts and brings up "Android on Omnia 2 loading ..." for about 20sec every time you boot android.

After the "Android ...loading .." the O2DROID picture comes for about 20-25sec and after that android is bootet. I can enter PIN and go on.

But when using the phone android feels little bit slow, means, it needs always a second to think about opening a menu ....

Maybe I did something wrong with installation ? any advice ? any settings in startup.txt, init rc, vold.fstab or fstab ???

Thank you very much for help.

Since I installed CyanogenMod, the apps market does not recognize my phone anymore, i.e., on my Windows PC, when I try to install an app for my phone, I get the message that no device is connected with my account.

I can perfectly download apps on the phone itself. but still see no device in my market account.

Although the GT-I8000 is not in the market's list of compatible devices, it worked perfectly well with Beta 3 and I saw my phone in the account settings, but now it is gone.

Any idea?

Guest erikcas

im sorry silly mistake by my side

now i did as u said some comand line appears

:invalid option

now has to be done anything or just exit

then try first to go in to root of android dir:

cd /

then enter the commands

else I should say, your filesystem is corrupted and you have to reinstall

then try again

Guest voyteckst

then try first to go in to root of android dir:

cd /

then enter the commands

else I should say, your filesystem is corrupted and you have to reinstall

then try again

I would rather say: start learning linux ;-)

Guest ray1234

Further to my previous post, I have reinstalled Android again and it boots ok now. I tried to replace services.jar and chinese fonts directly via root explorer, but immediately after I did so I will not be able to boot back to Android. Is change to system files not allowed in this Android version on Omnia?

The reason I put files directly to the system directory is I cannot get cm_o2_update.tar.gz to update. I put it in the 'My Storage' directory as per instructions, and even after reboot for 2-3 times, the services.jar is still not updated when I check it using root explorer, and I can't get the headphones to work no matter what. Any other suggestions?

Guest Aimiliano

Now that i re installed the system from scratch, samroid tools Apps2sd wont work i have applied the link

ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos but when i go to enable the Apps2sd settigns from samroid tools it reports the same size for the external card and the internal storage in the settings screen... ??? what to do now? since the card is mounted and the link is ok ? the external card is also under 2 giga and i have also a second partition on my external card. (ext2).

...? :( everything was working nice before..

Guest Nelson Neoh

Further to my previous post, I have reinstalled Android again and it boots ok now. I tried to replace services.jar and chinese fonts directly via root explorer, but immediately after I did so I will not be able to boot back to Android. Is change to system files not allowed in this Android version on Omnia?

The reason I put files directly to the system directory is I cannot get cm_o2_update.tar.gz to update. I put it in the 'My Storage' directory as per instructions, and even after reboot for 2-3 times, the services.jar is still not updated when I check it using root explorer, and I can't get the headphones to work no matter what. Any other suggestions?

Get link direct to any PC with Linux.

Boot your phone in WinMo.

Unzip those files to its relevant location.

Boot with haret.exe.

Hope these steps help. ;)

Guest Nelson Neoh

Now that i re installed the system from scratch, samroid tools Apps2sd wont work i have applied the link

ln -s /system/bin/toolbox /system/bin/newfs_msdos but when i go to enable the Apps2sd settigns from samroid tools it reports the same size for the external card and the internal storage in the settings screen... ??? what to do now? since the card is mounted and the link is ok ? the external card is also under 2 giga and i have also a second partition on my external card. (ext2).

...? :( everything was working nice before..

Dont really know what's going wrong, but for good, try with another "FRESH" or "CLEAN" re-install.

Guest aggress2009

I would rather say: start learning linux ;-)

Hello, voyteckst, do you know odex? Heard that this can improve the running speed!

ODEX is Android apps on the APK extracted can run files, through the APK installation package of DEX optimized, then APK package DEX file delete.

It can speed up the software start-up speed, pre extraction, reduction of RAM occupation, because without ODEX, system from APK package to extract DEX to run again.

This can help us I8000?

Very weird problem, installed this new beta into my storage.

When try to launch camera, always get prompted that sd card was not found or inserted.

But i can see from the sd card from the setting tab and the file explorer.

Any idea how to fix it?

Guest voyteckst

Hello, voyteckst, do you know odex? Heard that this can improve the running speed!

ODEX is Android apps on the APK extracted can run files, through the APK installation package of DEX optimized, then APK package DEX file delete.

It can speed up the software start-up speed, pre extraction, reduction of RAM occupation, because without ODEX, system from APK package to extract DEX to run again.

This can help us I8000?

We don't have .dex files.

Guest Nelson Neoh

When try to launch camera, always get prompted that sd card was not found or inserted.

Any idea how to fix it?

Have you applied the patch?

Guest Xardas26

Hello guys,

I have got a problem with the installation. Following intr. from https://sites.google.com/site/proyectobyte/Blog/how-to-install-android-for-omnia2-beta3 and olso from the READme in the downloaded file. Here are photos with the problem : http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/20111222043810.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/20111222043757.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/20111222043744.jpg/ http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/217/20111222043728.jpg/ I coppied all data to internal memory. I started the install. without SD card inserted. It said that there is not enough space on SD card... when I have the SD card in the phone. It goes like those pic I uploaded. Changed the setup file or what name with the dev\ to what is on the taken picture : mounting internal SD memory as mmcblk1p5. But as it goes along it says something with mmcblk0p2. and the installation isn't finished.

Please help me I was trying to get it working until 5 AM :D Cheers guys.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks bro, which patch are you referring to?

I've update the zip file mentioned in the first post.

Guest ray1234

Get link direct to any PC with Linux.

Boot your phone in WinMo.

Unzip those files to its relevant location.

Boot with haret.exe.

Hope these steps help. ;)

Wouldn't this be the same as copying the files direct to the system directory in root explorer inside Android?

Sorry that i ask again.

in a former post of this thread i mentioned, that i have a problem with the cisco vpn-client.

when i start it i get a error message like " make sure the iptablesprogramm is executable"

is there anyone, who can help me mith this problem?

or is there anyone who can give me a hint how to establish a vpn-connection?

Guest Aimiliano

Dont really know what's going wrong, but for good, try with another "FRESH" or "CLEAN" re-install.

me neither..

i cannot understand how samdroid tools work

my sd card is recognized in settings anyway...

i dont want to re install the operating system all the time i want to settle down!

everytime i download my apps again and again how can i extract them /backup them and then reinstall them again after the fresh install from a folder?

also can i install some other tool for apps2sd? like the original apps2sd app? or i cant use it with cyanogen?

maybe another app like links2sd?

some help?

and explain me what should be the partition table of the external sd?

fat32/ext4 or fat32 only?