[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

i hv my original battery killed for this

As i pointed to dev,proximity sensor has problem (not sure it it's related to no auto-brightness as well)

before going to sleep,if u turn over the phone or cover the sensor,there's great chance of SOD

And by SOD, it's not really no activity behind. Instead, it's been ultra active that heat up your battery very much, until all its acid being killed

When it goes sleep, I'd now would hold it in my hand for few seconds, before putting backing to my pocket

Sorry for quoting myself

But I'm looking at the screen lock setting and found it's suspicious

for both timeout and turned off delay

BEFORE: 5s

In trial: Immediately

Reason: the 5sec delay keeps the phone "in use"

Will update in coming days

Edited by Job21

Guest MAIL.SUDHAHAR

I am not able to setup the exchange mail account. I have installed stock email.apk. when I try to setup the account, I am getting '"setup could not finish. Unable to open connection to serve" error message. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA...

Edited by MAIL.SUDHAHAR

Come on... it's been asked thousands of times at least go through this list of problems I made so that people like you didn't ask questions like that -.-

Every phone its diferent my friends.. it seems that there must be the correct convination for de my storage to work on diferents phones

if anyone knows how to diference this convinations PLEASE tell me what you need to know..

I CANT change and change every "startup vfold, etc" files till it works..

I just need the convination

Every phone its diferent my friends.. it seems that there must be the correct convination for de my storage to work on diferents phones

if anyone knows how to diference this convinations PLEASE tell me what you need to know..

Yeah.. every phone is different.. but at least you can use search, and see what people said before you ask the question (again).... :)

it's explained very clear before.. that's why other people "sick" with the same question..

Guest erikcas

I am not able to setup the exchange mail account. I have installed stock email.apk. when I try to setup the account, I am getting '"setup could not finish. Unable to open connection to serve" error message. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA...

Use google. It is a common problem. Search for echange setup for froyo

In fact I tried this for the first time for my works email last friday. I am able to connect to the server but it doesn't sync.

For connecting to the exchange server think you will have to start by asking the maintainer of the exchange server for correct domain, username and server settings, rather then asking here,

Guest voyteckst

GT-I8000 phones have identical specification, so they aren't differen't (we suspect only camera firmware difference). Maybe by differnt You should state different partitioning of My Storage. NEvertheless You also shouyld test and try to make it working instead of asking questions again and again. You even haven't provided any logs...

Yesterday I started Market, and it downloaded 3 updates. Then I downloaded another app (yep, 4 apps simultaneously)

When I tried to pull down the notification bar, the system hanged (the icons didn't move and the bar didn't show up).

Then the system restarted, and all my settings are gone (Clock colour, lock screen, 3g settings etc)

Did that happen to someone else?

Why did that happen? Too few ram? And why are all my settings gone?

Thanks in advance

PS: My Homescreen-Button above the camara button doesn't work anymore too. I guess I have to reinstall my Android

Edited by MG.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Yesterday I started Market, and it downloaded 3 updates. Then I downloaded another app (yep, 4 apps simultaneously)

When I tried to pull down the notification bar, the system hanged (the icons didn't move and the bar didn't show up).

Then the system restarted, and all my settings are gone (Clock colour, lock screen, 3g settings etc)

Did that happen to someone else?

Why did that happen? Too few ram? And why are all my settings gone?

Thanks in advance

PS: My Homescreen-Button above the camara button doesn't work anymore too. I guess I have to reinstall my Android

I got an Omnia 2 8GB. My Android Homebutton above the camera button is broken aswell. But that only happend because I swum with my phone 1,5 years ago. :(

Mabey there could be an hardware fix from the inside of the device. This certainly isn't a problem from Android since that button also does not work on Windows Mobile.

My friend with an Omnia 2 2GB model has his home button on android still working. But he did not swim with it :P

Guest lotuxete

Yesterday I've immersed my O2 in the bath but now It doesn't work, I don't know why :angry:

Seriously... Is it REALLY necessary to download FOUR applications at the same time? I can't get the point...

You know that we have SERIOUS problems of memory with our O2. Please, be more friendly with our little toy :lol:

Bye.

PD: Bye the way... 99% of questions posed here are solved a HUNDRED times. Please read ¡¡¡ A little of reading wont hurt your eyes.

ok

here are my logs

I have 3 partitions

the android's xt4

the linux swap

and my storage

init.rc

We chown/chmod /data again so because mount is run as root + defaults

# mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

chown system system /data

chmod 0771 /data

chmod 0666 /dev/log/radio

chmod 0666 /dev/log/main

vfold.

## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab

## - San Mehat ([email protected])

##

#######################

## Regular device mount

##

## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>

## label - Label for the volume

## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted

## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.

## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices

######################

# externel sdcard

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

#keep this line.

startup

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7

pfw 0x7f00580c 4 0x0

pfw 0x7f005828 4 0x11

pfw 0x7f00582c 4 0x80

boot

that is..

if you need any more logs please let me now

I have tried all in the "questions and issues thread" nothing works =(

Edited by Dargor

Guest voyteckst

ok

here are my logs

I have 3 partitions

the android's xt4

the linux swap

and my storage

init.rc

vfold.

startup

that is..

These are not logs but config files. You haven't red first two posts. Additionally: have You copied vold.fstab content? If yes, You have mistakes there - no spaces beetween parameters.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest erikcas

ok

here are my logs

I have 3 partitions

the android's xt4

the linux swap

and my storage

-------

that is..

Is this also the sequence of your partitions on my storage? Because it seems like a strange partition sequence and from your startup.txt I make you are running from SD.

If yes, repartition tour my storage to one fat32 partition, or better, first partition p5 fat32 and a p6 partition (see first page for howto's on partitioning)

Edited by erikcas

Yesterday I've immersed my O2 in the bath but now It doesn't work, I don't know why :angry:

Seriously... Is it REALLY necessary to download FOUR applications at the same time? I can't get the point...

You know that we have SERIOUS problems of memory with our O2. Please, be more friendly with our little toy :lol:

Bye.

PD: Bye the way... 99% of questions posed here are solved a HUNDRED times. Please read ¡¡¡ A little of reading wont hurt your eyes.

I didn't download them all on purpose.

3 were auto-update and I only started one, before I saw that those auto-updates are already running.

Now I found another problem. The lockscreen doesn't appear anymore, because my Omnia stopped sleeping

If I press the red button, it doesn't go to sleep anymore. The screen gets black, but if I tap on the screen, it turns on again. The lock screen doesn't appear anymore too...

And sorry for the last part. Now I read it, but that problem didn't appear in it.

Guest synescu

I didn't download them all on purpose.

3 were auto-update and I only started one, before I saw that those auto-updates are already running.

Now I found another problem. The lockscreen doesn't appear anymore, because my Omnia stopped sleeping

If I press the red button, it doesn't go to sleep anymore. The screen gets black, but if I tap on the screen, it turns on again. The lock screen doesn't appear anymore too...

And sorry for the last part. Now I read it, but that problem didn't appear in it.

for such unpredictable problems is always better to make a backup when you think you installed most applications and have set the device according to your needs using one of the methods that you find in this topic or I can recommend to you this My link

i hv my original battery killed for this

As i pointed to dev,proximity sensor has problem (not sure it it's related to no auto-brightness as well)

before going to sleep,if u turn over the phone or cover the sensor,theres great chance of SOD

And by SOD, it's not really no activity behind. Instead, it's been ultra active that heat up your battery very much, until all its acid being killed

I also suspect the proximity sensor causing SOD. As long as the phone rests on my desk there is no problem. When the screen times out, the phone is locked and awakes when I press the end button. (BTW I set "lock after screen time out" to immediately.)

But when I put the phone to in my trowser pocket the phone goes into SOD in 9 of 10 cases consuming a lot of battery.

This happens also over night, e.g., only yesterday and the battery was down to zero in the morning. Since this happens also at night time, it could as well be a problem with the light sensor. There was no task running besides to normal. I killed everthing with TasKiller before I switched the screen off.

ok I give up..

I have tried all the methods listed in here

Android does not see my storage as a SDcard

and Im very sad about it because the first time I installed, it recognize..

then there was some troubles with the buttons and the ROM itself

so I reinstalled, and reinstalled.

and since then I cant make my storage working again

And Im sorry for but the devs need to be more understanding with the common people

I asked for help and they say "read" and I did but it didnt work

I'll wait for the next beta to came up to try again

one final question though:

on gparted "my storage" is listed like this

/dev/sdd1 6.3G 6.0G 228M 97% /media/SDCARD

/dev/sdd2 1010M 353M 606M 37% /media/Android

/dev/sdd3 linux-swap

my init.rc is

# We chown/chmod /data again so because mount is run as root + defaults

# mount yaffs2 mtd@userdata /data nosuid nodev

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /system/sd

# mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard

chown system system /mnt/sdcard

chmod 0777 /mnt/sdcard

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage

chown system system /storage

chmod 0777 /storage

and my vold.fstab is:

# externel sdcard

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto/devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1

#keep this line.

Can anyone

please..

see if there is an error or mistake that I don't see?

also

is there any way or app or software to help me to identificate which one is mmcblk1p1 - mmcblk1p2 etc?

because as I said I have tried all in this thread..

NONE works

so

please, if you see an error let me know

thanks in advance

Edited by Dargor

Guest voyteckst

ok I give up..

And Im sorry for but the devs need to be more understanding with the common people

I....................

thanks in advance

You haven't tried too much. Why do You have this line in init.rc? mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage

Do You have external sd card? Yo haven't mentioned that...

Maybe Your firt partition is just corrupted?

And sorry but You are lazy - I told You: give me the logs - and of course devs are not to much understandable... If we had logs we could see that there is no partitions found by Vold service or any other error...

One more thing: You aren't the firt person who is installing android manually on My Storage. For all people it just works.

Edited by voyteckst

I also suspect the proximity sensor causing SOD. As long as the phone rests on my desk there is no problem. When the screen times out, the phone is locked and awakes when I press the end button. (BTW I set "lock after screen time out" to immediately.)

But when I put the phone to in my trowser pocket the phone goes into SOD in 9 of 10 cases consuming a lot of battery.

This happens also over night, e.g., only yesterday and the battery was down to zero in the morning. Since this happens also at night time, it could as well be a problem with the light sensor. There was no task running besides to normal. I killed everthing with TasKiller before I switched the screen off.

and for ppl who complained about battery life,it may not be a good sign at all

In my case,old battery, which gradually lost all capacity,dropped by 40-50% over night.

When i later try with the new 1,its just about 20%

Guest shoarmabakpao

ok I give up..

I have tried all the methods listed in here

Android does not see my storage as a SDcard

and Im very sad about it because the first time I installed, it recognize..

then there was some troubles with the buttons and the ROM itself

so I reinstalled, and reinstalled.

and since then I cant make my storage working again

I'll wait for the next beta to came up to try again

one final question though:

on gparted "my storage" is listed like this

my init.rc is

and my vold.fstab is:

Can anyone

please..

see if there is an error or mistake that I don't see?

also

is there any way or app or software to help me to identificate which one is mmcblk1p1 - mmcblk1p2 etc?

because as I said I have tried all in this thread..

NONE works

so

please, if you see an error let me know

thanks in advance

When installing ANDROID on your SD card you can clearly see the partition NAMES! Write those down! Than at installing on mystorage you can easily put those names at the right place =)

You haven't tried too much. Why do You have this line in init.rc? mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /storage

Do You have external sd card? Yo haven't mentioned that...

Maybe Your firt partition is just corrupted?

And sorry but You are lazy - I told You: give me the logs - and of course devs are not to much understandable... If we had logs we could see that there is no partitions found by Vold service or any other error...

One more thing: You aren't the firt person who is installing android manually on My Storage. For all people it just works.

nope I dont have an SD card

but trying on other forums says that I have to change that too

doesnt work either

and I really dont know what do you mean about logs?

the installation make logs files? or I have to make myself?

Guest voyteckst

nope I dont have an SD card

but trying on other forums says that I have to change that too

doesnt work either

and I really dont know what do you mean about logs?

the installation make logs files? or I have to make myself?

Because You haven't read first three posts!!! Quote from the faq:

Basic usage:

- adb logcat (shows logs)

Edited by voyteckst