Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

Job21

Job21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Devices:GT-I8000

Hmmm I haven't try that, but I hthink 240 is fine - I9000 has also 240. OR maybe it's just a calculation from gsm arena to check what's the best?

... skip ...

sure i think 240 as a general figure and won't be too far (for a display of 800 x 480, it may at least be 3.5"? and at most be 4.3 maybe)

fyi i8000 vs i9000
http://www.gsmarena....e2=3115#results

Edited by Job21, 03 December 2011 - 08:45 AM.

Abhiraj4

Abhiraj4

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S II , Xolo X1000
theres some prob in manuall installation .
ubuntu is recognising my storage as a whole 2.1 gb unknown volume......it isnt showing its partitions ??????
what d prob

Kamote14

Kamote14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Did you put the extracted cm_o2_update.sh on your my storage or did you put the zip file on your my storage :blink:

thanks for the reply..
i put the extracted cm_02_update.sh on My Storage then i run Haret.. is that all i have to do?

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@castwitz

thanks for the reply..
i put the extracted cm_02_update.sh on My Storage then i run Haret.. is that all i have to do?

check if it isn't present anymore on your my storage. if it isn't it is updated

=====================================

Samsung Cooper, Fit, Gio & Mini Development

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

theres some prob in manuall installation .
ubuntu is recognising my storage as a whole 2.1 gb unknown volume......it isnt showing its partitions ??????
what d prob

That is no problem with manual installation, this is a problem with ubuntu and/or unrecognizable my storage
Repartition and/or google for unrecognized partition.

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

Abhiraj4

Abhiraj4

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

That is no problem with manual installation, this is a problem with ubuntu and/or unrecognizable my storage
Repartition and/or google for unrecognized partition.

ok f9 but what happens is that windows cant format it mini tools says its a bad disk ....... and ubuntu doesnt detect its partitions
so what shiould i do to solve it

Kamote14

Kamote14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

check if it isn't present anymore on your my storage. if it isn't it is updated

ok i will check now..

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

ok f9 but what happens is that windows cant format it mini tools says its a bad disk ....... and ubuntu doesnt detect its partitions
so what shiould i do to solve it

Use google? Hint: include gparted in the search string

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

Kamote14

Kamote14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

ok i will check now..

update file is gone,,. so it means cm is updated,. but my app2sd is til not working,, still unable to move apps to sd

Abhiraj4

Abhiraj4

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Use google? Hint: include gparted in the search string

k i got whats the problem.... theres some prob in my storage everytime i switch it it gets some prob.....ie its partition get deleted.......wht to do now?

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

k i got whats the problem.... theres some prob in my storage everytime i switch it it gets some prob.....ie its partition get deleted.......wht to do now?

Why do you switch anyway?
Everything has a start, even this topic. When you start reading at page 1, you will get to the second post. The second post has a link to a very good my storage partitioning and install guide.

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

slemmer87

slemmer87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT i8000 OMNIA2
hi voyteckst! is kernel predisposed to overclock?

Abhiraj4

Abhiraj4

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Why do you switch anyway?
Everything has a start, even this topic. When you start reading at page 1, you will get to the second post. The second post has a link to a very good my storage partitioning and install guide.

no man i ment to say whenever i connect my omnia to pc it asks to format each time even if i format it....

Abhiraj4

Abhiraj4

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
ok my virtual machine is the root of problems......
whenever i connect my omnia to vmware ubuntu its stoorage crasher or currupts....... this also happened when i mounted external sd to it........

Nodens

Nodens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 (Omnia II)
There is an incompatibility between the tar versions used in the beta and the packaging of the updates. This is why the update packages are not working (tar.gz ones, shell scripts work fine).
Tests performed:

1.After noticing the updates would not apply I pushed the tarball via adb on device / and tried to apply manualy via adb. Result: "tar: short read" (command used: tar zxvf cm_o2_update.tar.gz)
2.Pushed uncompressed tar via adb and tried to extract. Result: "tar: short read" (command used: tar zxvf cm_o2_update.tar)
3.Mounted ext4 partition on latest Oneiric livecd VM and tried to extract both uncompressed and compressed tarballs. Both resulted in:" tar: a lone zero block at ##" (did not note down block number because it wasn't important).

Error 3 refers to incompatibility between version of tar. Error 1 and 2 refer to bug in busybox possibly related to incompatibility between versions of tar.

WORKAROUND: Extract via nautilus and copy manually (I can't provide tutorial for file operations under linux..)

Also Android Market updates are not working. No notifications for new versions (including market app)

App2SD fix is working.

Edited by Nodens, 03 December 2011 - 01:40 PM.

Nodens

Nodens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

ok my virtual machine is the root of problems......
whenever i connect my omnia to vmware ubuntu its stoorage crasher or currupts....... this also happened when i mounted external sd to it........

Do not perform file operations under vmware if the phone is booted under Android. If you want to perform file operations always connect it to your ubuntu vmware under WM.

Abhiraj4

Abhiraj4

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Do not perform file operations under vmware if the phone is booted under Android. If you want to perform file operations always connect it to your ubuntu vmware under WM.

no no its not that... i have windows 7 and ubuntu in vmware. Vmware is on my windows 7...... and i connect omnia through windows mobile only.... so dont know why does ubuntu(which is on vmware ) makes it currupt...
ya 1 more thing can the ubuntu thing of manuall installation be done from macosx..... its also there on my vmware

harrypotter222

harrypotter222

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
anyone has switching additional keyboards issue? I installed some keyboard for chinese input which works on beta3 before, but now when I get to select other keyboard, it doesn't appear, it still stays on the default android keyboard.

I have loaded chinese fonts already, so I don't think chinese fonts is the issue here.

Nodens

Nodens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

no no its not that... i have windows 7 and ubuntu in vmware. Vmware is on my windows 7...... and i connect omnia through windows mobile only.... so dont know why does ubuntu(which is on vmware ) makes it currupt...
ya 1 more thing can the ubuntu thing of manuall installation be done from macosx..... its also there on my vmware

Do you unmount/safe remove the device? If you unplug it while write operations are pending it will cause corruption. No you can't do the manual installation on osx because it lacks native ext4 filesystem support.
Under osx you'd still have to use a vm or some sort of external driver that I wouldn't recommend as it could not work or not work properly and complecate things.. try to just boot a live cd instead if you're having issues with VMs.

Job21

Job21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Devices:GT-I8000

anyone has switching additional keyboards issue? I installed some keyboard for chinese input which works on beta3 before, but now when I get to select other keyboard, it doesn't appear, it still stays on the default android keyboard.

I have loaded chinese fonts already, so I don't think chinese fonts is the issue here.

chk 10-15 pages before and there's solution of this issue re-capped

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users