[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

it has been explained many many times

rams are reserved by the phone for other purpose like radio and 3d

It is a hardware limitation and please don't ask for anyway to increase the ramsize

it is not a software problem

:mellow:

Yes. 8th point in the faq

Guest shoarmabakpao

Yes. 8th point in the faq

Hey!

First of all, could you tell me if what I say can be done? See beneth.

I have tested some things as a rookie. Do you still remember that LG GT540 I was mumbling about?

It is on android 2.3 though. Well I tested roms on it. I compared it at first with the stock rom. The improvements of the UI were huge. The thing I wanted to do is to find those changes that the dev made to it so we could use it on our Omnia 2. The changes on the LG GT540 are so dramaticly huge that it hits 1700 points on Quadrant (stock rom it does max. 700-800)

I will also test Froyo roms on it and then compare it with stock froyo rom for that device. I hope to find the improvements they made in their code so we could borrow those code and try to implement it on our Omnia 2. I will try to do this myself but since I am a beginner it makes it harder for me

That's why I want to ask you if this is even possible since those 2 devices are completely different.

Guest voyteckst

Hey!

First of all, could you tell me if what I say can be done? See beneth.

I have tested some things as a rookie. Do you still remember that LG GT540 I was mumbling about?

It is on android 2.3 though. Well I tested roms on it. I compared it at first with the stock rom. The improvements of the UI were huge. The thing I wanted to do is to find those changes that the dev made to it so we could use it on our Omnia 2. The changes on the LG GT540 are so dramaticly huge that it hits 1700 points on Quadrant (stock rom it does max. 700-800)

I will also test Froyo roms on it and then compare it with stock froyo rom for that device. I hope to find the improvements they made in their code so we could borrow those code and try to implement it on our Omnia 2. I will try to do this myself but since I am a beginner it makes it harder for me

That's why I want to ask you if this is even possible since those 2 devices are completely different.

First of all there are GOOD graphic drivers for GT540 (commonly used in android phones Adreno line) and for Omnia2 not. Without that we can't move forward. Of cource we can wait for tom3q's drivers, but it could take some time until finished.

Guest shoarmabakpao

First of all there are GOOD graphic drivers for GT540 (commonly used in android phones Adreno line) and for Omnia2 not. Without that we can't move forward. Of cource we can wait for tom3q's drivers, but it could take some time until finished.

Yeah and the dev of that super fast rom said that his friend is working on a better driver that gives +30% 2d/3d performance!

Link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1364416

Now our old man is working on the OpenGL ES 1.1 (OpenGL 1.5) that leads to increase performance in 2D/3D up to 30%!

Do you think that, that dev might help us since if he can give 30% more performance on a driver that was already good :S

Guest voyteckst

Yeah and the dev of that super fast rom said that his friend is working on a better driver that gives +30% 2d/3d performance!

Link: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1364416

Now our old man is working on the OpenGL ES 1.1 (OpenGL 1.5) that leads to increase performance in 2D/3D up to 30%!

Do you think that, that dev might help us since if he can give 30% more performance on a driver that was already good :S

I don't think so. It's totally different hardware.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I don't think so. It's totally different hardware.

I thought so. :(

But do you think it is possible to borrow their tweaks? Since yeah, tweaks have to come from somewhere :S

One of them is to odex the systemfiles. I searched alot about it and one said that odexen only improves performance when having alot apps, like 50+ and others say it is faster than deodexed roms. The thing with odexed roms is that they are harder to mod and deodexed roms are easy to mod. That's what I read on forums.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest nikkotsoi

I thought so. :(

But do you think it is possible to borrow their tweaks? Since yeah, tweaks have to come from somewhere :S

One of them is to odex the systemfiles. I searched alot about it and one said that odexen only improves performance when having alot apps, like 50+ and others say it is faster than deodexed roms. The thing with odexed roms is that they are harder to mod and deodexed roms are easy to mod. That's what I read on forums.

btw,, my friend got the gt540

it was a stock 2.1 version

So fking slow ,,, even lag in angry birds

after i helped him to upgrade to 2.3 cm7 rom

Wow, Totally smooth in UI and Gaming

Most amazing mod ever

Hope we can see it on our i8000 someday

Guest nikkotsoi

I have two problems found in CM_beta 2:

1. After changed the "0P5" in "loadmond" to add the "My Storage" (Andriod installed in SD crad}, USB connection to PC (under WIN XP or WIN 7) cannot detect. But it can detect if it changed back to default setting (after re-set);

2. After add the "My Storage", Chinese characters under "My Storage" cannot see and it showed ????. But no problems under SD card.

Can help?

please search my posts .,, i have told how to edit the loadmod

Guest shoarmabakpao

btw,, my friend got the gt540

it was a stock 2.1 version

So fking slow ,,, even lag in angry birds

after i helped him to upgrade to 2.3 cm7 rom

Wow, Totally smooth in UI and Gaming

Most amazing mod ever

Hope we can see it on our i8000 someday

Yep, the link I posted in my previous post (still this page) has the link to that rom. It is just the same phone but the performance gain by software was just so huge that I could not believe it. Friends were like, OMG my new Galaxy S gets fewer points than your cheap LG GT540!

If that is possible, then it is also possible on our Omnia 2's The dev's started from scratch and the devs for the LG GT540 started from a fully working rom with no broken functions. So it is natural that we lack behind since we had to do it from scratch so in time it will improve and just like Voyteckst said, without better 2d/3d drivers there can't be any big improvements. I am already happy that we got a fully working Android 2.2.2 on our Omnia 2's which is a big achievement itself.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest problematika

About RAM, I think that we need more space, but I will agree with clue that is not possible yet, couse O2 is not a native android phone. I have big troubles with Wi-Fi. In start it worked flawlessly, now it is not able to scan for network when I turn it on. Restart doesn't help. Any suggestion, or fresh install again?

Edited by problematika

Guest voyteckst

About RAM, I think that we need more space, but I will agree with clue that is not possible yet, couse O2 is not a native android phone. I have big troubles with Wi-Fi. In start it worked flawlessly, now it is not able to scan for network when I turn it on. Restart doesn't help. Any suggestion, or fresh install again?

What kind of space? RAM? Running android on O2 from nand would not help...

Guest raiwakei

Do a clean install. Format first your SD-card and then install CM Beta 2

thank you for that comment

now i have done just like what you said but i think my sd card got broken due to formatting

so i have to buy a new one to replaced it.

here' my new problem,

the camera doesn't work now,

usb to pc not working

and i can't download anything from the market.

or , does it have to take something to installs games and apps from andriod market??

please help me.. :)

thanks..

Guest Aimiliano

check performance as high in Samsung settings in winmo

WOW I think it works!!!!

2 restarts till now and didn't froze at boot!

(well Klauncher did froze while i was updating Google Voice)

but in my restart the samsung performance settings in winmo entered auto state again.. and i had to re configure it ..

Guest skurakai

Hi all,

i have trouble with instalation Android on my i8000 phone.

What i do:

- format My Storage, Micro SD card

- copy instalation files on My Storage

- run androinstall.exe

mounting dev/block/mmcblk1p on /sdcard failed: no such file or directory

Cant mount internal FLASH

...rebooting ...

Hard reset, format card in PC, PPC, change Micro SD card cant help

Thanks for help.

Edited by skurakai

Guest nikkotsoi

What kind of space? RAM? Running android on O2 from nand would not help...

Maybe i remembered it wrong

I think you said there will be 2XMB extra for NAND...

IS that ram or any other things?

Guest rochdi9000

Thanks to the ones that are tryng to help

i success installed "CyanogenMod beta 2".

I use android 3 days and i have problem :

the battery Stop charging when phone is in use!!!

for the 3rd time..can someone help me with SD card? Tdy I bought new one class 10 card and the fucker is still saying that its broken !..I have 3 partition same as on this picture..so please I beg you..some advice..Beta 1 was working without a problem I dont really know what is wrong

Beznzvu.png

Guest synescu

for the 3rd time..can someone help me with SD card? Tdy I bought new one class 10 card and the fucker is still saying that its broken !..I have 3 partition same as on this picture..so please I beg you..some advice..Beta 1 was working without a problem I dont really know what is wrong

Beznzvu.png

I do not know if I'm wrong but I think you have 3 primary partitions inside a logical one

Edited by synescu

I do not know if I'm wrong but I think you have 3 primary partitions inside a logical one

but it was working..was working to the time, when I instaled beta 2..dunno..

now I'll try it with primary only and will see..I have fat 32, ext4 and linux

-> still badword up, it drives me mad..now I have

3 gb fat 32

650 mb ext4

and 150 mb linux..ale primary..sd card is working on computer corectly on winmo corectly so I don't know, why it cant wokr on Android..

and now I have pluged it in to a computer and I can read SD card..what the hell is this..I'll burn it

Edited by chead

hell yea, I solved it..I have connected it to a computer and than I hit atach SD card in settings and it's working..Dunno where the problem was but it's okay now..

Guest erikcas

Thanks to the ones that are tryng to help

i success installed "CyanogenMod beta 2".

I use android 3 days and i have problem :

the battery Stop charging when phone is in use!!!

You should use smaller fontsize, this looks a bit screaming.

Do you have original samsung battery? Or a white label replacement battery?

Guest Pathwalker

but it was working..was working to the time, when I instaled beta 2..dunno..

now I'll try it with primary only and will see..I have fat 32, ext4 and linux

-> still badword up, it drives me mad..now I have

3 gb fat 32

650 mb ext4

and 150 mb linux..ale primary..sd card is working on computer corectly on winmo corectly so I don't know, why it cant wokr on Android..

and now I have pluged it in to a computer and I can read SD card..what the hell is this..I'll burn it

burning it just because u made mistakes?? that's just cruel!!

try this it works for me :)

2.3 gb primary fat32

1.2 gb primary ext4

150 mb primary linux

ps: please don't use bad words anymore in this thread :)