[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest XZTence

Just to be clear, the message that you see is "Android on Omnia II Loading" or "Now loading android on omnia 2"? It has been installed without errors and you are trying to run from haret.exe, right?

Exactly. after it installed I could use it and I rebooted a few times, now it's hanging at "Android on Omnia II Loading" screen.

Guest erikthekippa

Hello everyone.

Today i installed o2 droid to my storage.Everything is ok but the screen is not working perfectly. Under winmo everything is all right but under android the align is not ok. The center of the screen is fully responding but in the sides is not ok. Maybe i need to recalibrate the touchscreen but i dont know how can i do this on android. Please help. Thank you very much.

Guest dpspcdrgn

Camera button froze my phone on first installation. After a re-install camera button worked lol. After a third re-install camera button didn't work but didn't freeze my phone either.

Does this make me special? :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dpspcdrgn

Can somebody please tell me what format cyanogenmod saves pictures as?

I took some pictures the other day and they accidentally got deleted and I need to try to recover them.

Guest Shade5

A SIMPLE GUIDE TO AUTO-INSTALL CM_BETA2 TO i8000 INTERNAL STORAGE

Guys, screw the so-called geeks n pro's here.. badword you all for causing more confusion and pain by not doing things right... all people need are simple instructions - not your BS!

So here goes...

1) OPTIONAL: Flash your i8000 with any Windows ROM (in case you've mucked around with the partitions etc)

2) Remove the SD card

Set USB connection to STORAGE

Make the 3 partitions in the INTERNAL STORAGE using either

MiniTool partition wizard (or Ubuntu Linux if your comfortable with that)

Partions are to be as below

i) FAT partition named: sdcard (this is all the space u have minus the below 2 partitions)

ii) EXT4 partiton named: system (make this 1 GB)

iii) LINUX SWAP partion no name needed (keep 256MB here)

3) Reboot your mobile, connect to your computer via USB in MASS STORAGE mode and open the the new MY STORAGE using Windows explorer

4) On your desktop download and open the CM_beta2.zip

Unzip it, open up the o2beta folder, delete the sd.cpio. Now rename the sd_ms.cpio as Sd.cpio

5) Dump all the files from this CM_beta2 folder you just unzipped into the phone's MY STORAGE partition using windows

6) Now put in any SD card into your phone (this is just to keep errors from coming up during install - the card itself will not be used)

7) Disconnect your phone from laptop, and using any file exploer in the mobile, go into this O2beta folder and click on Androidinstall.exe - now wait 10 mins or so

8) Remove SD card now once install completed.

9) The auto-install is complete but u cannot load your O2Droid as the STARTUP.TXT file has to be edited.

Do this:

Open the txt file named "startup.txt" in your phone's STORAGE and erase the ''block/'' word from the command line

Also rewrite the ''vmalloc=256M'' command in the ''startup.txt'' file (delete and write)

It should now look like this:

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

10) Now click HARET.exe and wait for it to load - takes another 10 mins for the first time

11) Your now running your new O2Droid on internal storage :)

12) Sadly the SD card parameters are still messed up and to get the camera or apps to work u need a SD CARD partition mounted.

We can mount the partition we made named "sdcard" but you need to boot using Linux!

Use a Ubuntu live CD, or any other Linux distro and connect your Omnia to it.

-Open file vold.fstab from system/etc and change the following line:

Edit "ev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0"

to show

"ev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1"

Now reboot your phone.

13) If you want a good dual boot, get hold of Rapid81 RapidBoot1.1 . Its a great tool to dual boot Win or Android.

X) What I have not figured out as yet is how to get the external SD card work and be recognized in the O2Droid :(

Hope my two bits here help you guys out who have like me been wasting time over old useless turorials written for beta 1 or froyo....

Cheers

TheShadeEffect!

Guest Antoxa1998

A SIMPLE GUIDE TO AUTO-INSTALL CM_BETA2 TO i8000 INTERNAL STORAGE

12) Sadly the SD card parameters are still messed up and to get the camera or apps to work u need a SD CARD partition mounted.

We can mount the partition we made named "sdcard" but you need to boot using Linux!

Use a Ubuntu live CD, or any other Linux distro and connect your Omnia to it.

-Open file vold.fstab from system/etc and change the following line:

Edit "ev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0"

to show

"ev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1"

Now reboot your phone.

Not Linux only! After installation finished, stard your Android, open "Root explorer", find this file and make changes with text editor, reboot your Droid again.

Enjoy!

Edited by Antoxa1998

Guest Hussy_plus

Hello guys i'm in a touble! 5 days since i bought Omnia 2! I wanted android CM beta 2 on it! I've installed android in the guide line of this website! But when i first time ran my android! it didn't even ask me for email account setup and bla bla! Android was runnning perfectly! But market didn't wok because there was already an email attached to market whose password was unknown! I only know that we can't change email account untill device gets restart! Even i was shocked to see the already installed FRING app! When i opened it it was already logged in and i recieved an offline message! I saw couple of mesages in inbox too!!

Anyway that was the problem! I installed CM beta 3update from same website! While installing CM3 update it was the installation was ended on swap partition already exists! (I'm telling because i don't know if its normal or what) After installation device was a bit slow! it seemed that touch screen sensitivity was out! like a little bit disturebed ..It bothered me when i was typing texts! Texting in CM beta 2 was awesome! After installation my problem remained same! I couldn't get into market due to that email!

Then i decided to format my storage and storage both! I did and downloaded Cm beta 2 from here and put the files in my storage! installation was perfect but again! i didn't see anything new! My previous android loaded with same email account!

Then i decided to reset the device from android port when i did after that I'm unable to start my android port! after pattern lock it says force close or wait! whn i do tap on wait , Screen goes black except from signal battery and wifi notifiers!

Please tell me how to Clean install o2droid :( Its pissing me off :(

Guest TRoN_1

It was a good run, but it's time for me to give up on my Omnia 2. I live in Montreal, so if anyone locally wants it, let me know...it's yours cheap( $0.01) :)

Guest nikkotsoi

Hello guys i'm in a touble! 5 days since i bought Omnia 2! I wanted android CM beta 2 on it! I've installed android in the guide line of this website! But when i first time ran my android! it didn't even ask me for email account setup and bla bla! Android was runnning perfectly! But market didn't wok because there was already an email attached to market whose password was unknown! I only know that we can't change email account untill device gets restart! Even i was shocked to see the already installed FRING app! When i opened it it was already logged in and i recieved an offline message! I saw couple of mesages in inbox too!!

Anyway that was the problem! I installed CM beta 3update from same website! While installing CM3 update it was the installation was ended on swap partition already exists! (I'm telling because i don't know if its normal or what) After installation device was a bit slow! it seemed that touch screen sensitivity was out! like a little bit disturebed ..It bothered me when i was typing texts! Texting in CM beta 2 was awesome! After installation my problem remained same! I couldn't get into market due to that email!

Then i decided to format my storage and storage both! I did and downloaded Cm beta 2 from hereand put the files in my storage! installation was perfect but again! i didn't see anything new! My previous android loaded with same email account!

Then i decided to reset the device from android port when i did after that I'm unable to start my android port! after pattern lock it says force close or wait! whn i do tap on wait , Screen goes black except from signal battery and wifi notifiers!

Please tell me how to Clean install o2droid :( Its pissing me off :(

download minitool partiton

delete all partition of your sd card

then directly install the cmb2

Guest Hussy_plus

GOD! I re partitioned it using minitool ! Now I tried to install android in My storage! After successfull installation ! IT gets stuck on Andorid is loading screen :(

Then I tried to install it on SD CARD :( It stucks on a place where it asks me to create an ext 4 partion and options are yes/no? and there is no way to enter my option there!

I tried manual partitioning ! I created 730 mb fat 32 and 1024 mb ext 4 and linux swap of 128 mb! Since I've 2 gb sd card when i started installation ! It says unable to mount ext 4 partition restarting in 10 secs!! :( Its freaking me out :( Please help

Guest nikkotsoi

GOD! I re partitioned it using minitool ! Now I tried to install android in My storage! After successfull installation ! IT gets stuck on Andorid is loading screen :(

Then I tried to install it on SD CARD :( It stucks on a place where it asks me to create an ext 4 partion and options are yes/no? and there is no way to enter my option there!

I tried manual partitioning ! I created 730 mb fat 32 and 1024 mb ext 4 and linux swap of 128 mb! Since I've 2 gb sd card when i started installation ! It says unable to mount ext 4 partition restarting in 10 secs!! :( Its freaking me out :( Please help

no partitioning please

use minpartition tools

directly delete all partition

leave the space unallocated

the phone will ask you to format

ignore it , start installation directly

Guest Hussy_plus

no partitioning please

use minpartition tools

directly delete all partition

leave the space unallocated

the phone will ask you to format

ignore it , start installation directly

Oh your guide worked :D thank you very much :) Yuhu ...Its installed :) Awesome I'm really happy!! THank you dude once again

Guest Hussy_plus

I got another problem :( My Battery died after 4-5 hours or 6 hours maximum on android! I think I should check beta 3 :( Please provide me a better link for it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nitroking

Hello,

I tried to install the cm beta 2 android on my omnia II.. I downloaded the file from here:

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

And followed the instructions of the readme file. Unzipped and copied the 2 folders on My Storage and run Installandroid.exe. After the installation finished I ran Haret.exe from My Storage/cm_beta2 but it was asking for a default file. I copied the startup.txt found on the other folder, o2beta, and it then asked for a sd.cpio.gz file which was as well in the o2beta folder. I finally copied all the contents of the o2beta folder in the cm_beta2 folder and ran it. It started loading Android but while on the booting android on Omnia II screen it made a small but loud sound and rebooted the phone under windows. Tried that twice!

Also I didn't see anywhere a dual boot option.

Can you please help me?

Thank you!

Guest diuqil

Hi all!!

I have an i8000L model and installed CMB2 about 100 times on my storage and sdcard. Everything in Android works smooth and perfect except camera! I've never managed to get it working on android. On WM camera works without problems. Flashed several ROMs (all parts - PDA, CSC, Phone, Eboot) - doesn't help. I've updated camera firmware with FirmwareUpdate.exe - it doesn't help.

Dialing *#2470# shows:

ISP FW[71,03] PRA[71,1A], AF[NONE];

BIN FW[71,03] PRA[71,1A], AF[NONE];

Phone FW Ver Check [ OPCF18]

FirmwareUpdate.exe shows:

ISP Ver Check [ NEC CE131F]

Anyone has any ideas what can be wrong?

Guest Nitroking

I installed android through automatic install on sd. I can get to the "Now loading android on omnia 2" message but after that I should get the o2droid animation but instead I get blackscreen and it just stays like that. Why is that?

That is my problem as well, what would the solution be? Anyone?

Thanks!!

Guest diuqil

That is my problem as well, what would the solution be? Anyone?

Thanks!!

Maybe you've done this but if not.. try to copy all files from cm_beta2.zip archive directly on My storage. I mean do not create any directories on My storage, such that o2beta directory is in the root directory of My storage. Then run "androidinstall.exe" from o2beta folder.

Guest lilfarhad94

hey all :)

i just want to know if there is a beta 3 of cyanogenmod in developing.

good work guys thx ;)

Edited by lilfarhad94