Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

Fishkal

Fishkal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 4X

First of all, do confirm again: How many partitions you have in your SDCard. Please make sure there is only 1 Primary partition, regardless it is ext4 or fat.

Second, suggest you can try change back the setting of s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1 to The information on Page 1 is very dependence on each user's situation.

Do try it out and response with any problem. :)

Ok, I formated my sd Card vith gparted, and that didn't help. But, when I changed to s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0., i was finaly able to see my sd card. But, now i can't see my internal memory.

To make things clear, hear ar all my partitions:
Internal memory (8 GB)
partition "sdcard" 6 GB (primary, FAT32)
partition "system" 1.5 GB (primary EXT4)
linux-swap - 256 MB

on sd card:
one partition 4GB primary fat 32 no name

Is there a way to see both of partitions (partition "sdcard" on internal memory and regular sd card)? Could renaming one of those partition help?

And one more thing, I'm having a problem with headphone update. I read on a forum that some guys had a similar problem. My headphones work when i connect them before booting android. When I disconnet them, the phone think they are still in. Could I do something abou that?

Thanks for all your help, your guys are great.

chead

chead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hey guys, I have problems with cyanogenMod.

1st In the morning, when my alarm rings and I stop it, my phone get stuck and than it reboot itself, but not whole phone, just Android.

2nd problem..I was charging it today whole night...in the morning it rebooted itself again after alarm and than when battery was full charged it just shut down. When I turned it on to the WM..batt. has, I dont know maybe 32 %..I use Go launcher..I dont know if this is cause of it..

And finally 3rd problem..I cant use programs like CPU tuner, which needs rooted phone. This Android is rooted already, yesterday I'v rooted it again but it didnt help...phone just get stuck on loading screen and aplication is asking me if I want shut it down or wait, after few minutes of waiting... Thx for some solutin..I hope, it isnt there on forum already..I was trying to search it..

djhoulio

djhoulio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Is there a way to see both of partitions (partition "sdcard" on internal memory and regular sd card)? Could renaming one of those partition help?

Hi Fishkal

You could first try another file explorer than the default (ES I think). I have try other file explorers from the market and they can see both of the partitions. I now use Bluetooth file transfer
wich it have good file explorer and bluetooth manager for sending and recieving files via bluetooth .

Mizar

Mizar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I know that the clock has been discussed many times, so please excuse me when I am taking up this issue once more. It is just so annoying.

Yesterday night I tried to record a radio station with Resco Radio and set the record timer to 11 p.m.
The recording started, but one our later at midnight!

I noticed that ADW launcher is kicked out when Android runs out of memory and is restarted when I press the home button.
It does not help to try to keep the launcher in RAM as set in the Spicamod settings.
Each time the time is set newly, but one hour behind my time zone. The time zone is set to automatic detection. I use quite often ClockSync to correct the time. But as said at each restart of ADW launcher it is wrong again.

Any remedy?

chead

chead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I know that the clock has been discussed many times, so please excuse me when I am taking up this issue once more. It is just so annoying.

Yesterday night I tried to record a radio station with Resco Radio and set the record timer to 11 p.m.
The recording started, but one our later at midnight!

I noticed that ADW launcher is kicked out when Android runs out of memory and is restarted when I press the home button.
It does not help to try to keep the launcher in RAM as set in the Spicamod settings.
Each time the time is set newly, but one hour behind my time zone. The time zone is set to automatic detection. I use quite often ClockSync to correct the time. But as said at each restart of ADW launcher it is wrong again.

Any remedy?

yea I have problem with clocks too, somone sad that turning on and off flight mod helps, but I didnt work for me..When phone reboots I always have to set clock to the correct time

gauravv

gauravv

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Devices:Omnia B7610

yea I have problem with clocks too, somone sad that turning on and off flight mod helps, but I didnt work for me..When phone reboots I always have to set clock to the correct time

my Android time is always ahead :P

andre02

andre02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

I have same problem :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Omnia II - Windows Mobile 6.5.3 and Android 2.2

chead

chead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hey guys, I have problems with cyanogenMod.

1st In the morning, when my alarm rings and I stop it, my phone get stuck and than it reboot itself, but not whole phone, just Android.

2nd problem..I was charging it today whole night...in the morning it rebooted itself again after alarm and than when battery was full charged it just shut down. When I turned it on to the WM..batt. has, I dont know maybe 32 %..I use Go launcher..I dont know if this is cause of it..

And finally 3rd problem..I cant use programs like CPU tuner, which needs rooted phone. This Android is rooted already, yesterday I'v rooted it again but it didnt help...phone just get stuck on loading screen and aplication is asking me if I want shut it down or wait, after few minutes of waiting... Thx for some solutin..I hope, it isnt there on forum already..I was trying to search it..

and what about this? Some solutions ?

skunk 01

skunk 01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
i've problem with the call.

When someone call me , everytime the phone is busy.

How to fix ?

ray1234

ray1234

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

searching this forum will help....use the right column function 'search' to search within this topic, just type 'clock'....

I know, because I asked this question in this topic before.... now to put it simple, the solution :

1) set your winmo timezone to dublin (GMT+0) and set the correct time in your own time zone

2) after that, the time will not move even if you reboot

RonLewis

RonLewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I would like to report a bug.

After looking into the Battery % issue (not able to remove it from top bar). Which is a bug in itself. I reset my UI interface setting back to default.
In doing so the phone restarted straight back into android and now my lock screen no longer functions. There is no way to turn it back on.
The screen will go to sleep but any button can turn it back on and it goes straight to the main screen. I rebooted it many times with locksreen functions on and off.
I played around with all the setting and even restored back to default and no succes. Nothing seems to bring back the lock screen and I did search in the forums and 1 other person had a similar issue but was not given a solution.

I have now reloaded from scratch and have full functionality again

haymant

haymant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I am back to beta3, as my cm6 always SOD or reboot, no clue to solve it, worry missing calls.
beta3 is a bit slower than cm6, with less features, but more stable. tired to reboot cm6 almost everyday.

Edited by haymant, 06 January 2012 - 02:27 AM.

Nelson Neoh

Nelson Neoh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2

To make things clear, hear ar all my partitions:
Internal memory (8 GB)
partition "sdcard" 6 GB (primary, FAT32)
partition "system" 1.5 GB (primary EXT4)
linux-swap - 256 MB

on sd card:
one partition 4GB primary fat 32 no name

You are following the instructions given in page1 link?
That's why you got confused... and many other also.

Let me "label" your partitions to follow:

Internal memory (8 GB) :

• partition "storage" 6 GB (primary, FAT32)
  • partition "system" 1.5 GB (primary EXT4)
  • linux-swap - 256 MB
on sd card:
  • one partition "sdcard" 4GB (primary, fat 32)

"system" is the partition where you save your android system.
"storage" is the remaining internal storage which should mount to /storage folder in android.
The "sdcard" should mount with your android /sdcard.

So your setting file should be:

mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /sdcard
mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

Note:
Since your sdcard is readable now, just replace the partition number of mmcblk1p5 with your "storage" partition number which show in gpart. It should work after a reboot.

@2011/6/14, finally my i8000 started to...
RUNNING on Android Froyo~!
What an amazing of life!

MOD: SpicagenMod Beta1; core:2.6.32.9
Software: CPU Tunner / Clock Sync / Mobisle / iReader / Screenshot ER / Pure Grid Calendar / Home Launcher Pro

Nelson Neoh

Nelson Neoh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2

I would like to report a bug.

After looking into the Battery % issue (not able to remove it from top bar). Which is a bug in itself. I reset my UI interface setting back to default.
In doing so the phone restarted straight back into android and now my lock screen no longer functions. There is no way to turn it back on.
The screen will go to sleep but any button can turn it back on and it goes straight to the main screen. I rebooted it many times with locksreen functions on and off.
I played around with all the setting and even restored back to default and no succes. Nothing seems to bring back the lock screen and I did search in the forums and 1 other person had a similar issue but was not given a solution.

I have now reloaded from scratch and have full functionality again

The dev system is still in BETA1, anything might happen.
In your situation, believed a fresh re-installation is the only choice.

A hints for those who like to do tuning on this Beta version:
Backup the whole android system after your succeed first boot. If any bad thing happen, you can just format the ext4 partition and copy back the whole thing into it, and your android will be back in fresh.

@2011/6/14, finally my i8000 started to...
RUNNING on Android Froyo~!
What an amazing of life!

MOD: SpicagenMod Beta1; core:2.6.32.9
Software: CPU Tunner / Clock Sync / Mobisle / iReader / Screenshot ER / Pure Grid Calendar / Home Launcher Pro

Scorgan

Scorgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 Omnia II
Unfortunately my microphone level is still very low at CM Beta1. Topic search said mic level issue should have been fixed with beta3 already.

Does anyone have a hint for me? I have JJ1 phone firmware under WinMob in use, other firmware parts are rather old level (work for me). I tried to play around with the .bin firmware files, but that didn't help at all.

synescu

synescu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:Moto G XT1032
Making a Partition Image File of the partition that is installed android after we have installed all the applications and made all necessary settings so you can refresh the current state when the backup was performed:
Linux: Menu / Administration / Disk Utility: find the correct number of the ext4 partition ex;sdc2,sdd2. does not matter if it's installed on my storage or micro sd.unmount al partition of the device (my storage,sd card)
open terminal and type (after your case):
sudo dd if=/dev/sd?? of=~/disk2.img
wait...will be created in your home directory a file called disk2.img
Restoring from an Image File.format the ext4 partition without changing the size smaller than when it was made the backup and check again the correct number,unmount al partition of the device (my storage,sd card),open terminal and type (after your case):
sudo dd if=disk2.img of=/dev/sd??
wait...about 10 minutes...job completed. boot your phone

shoarmabakpao

shoarmabakpao

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II, Galaxy Nexus
Now that I use android on an Class 10 SDcard! The speed of opening applications has gone up ALOT. Loading times are ALOt shorter.

I tested my SDcard with 'SDTools" you can just download it from the market.

Write speed is 11MB/s
Reading Speed is 24MB/s

Everything loads alot faster. I upgraded from an unbranded class 4 SD to an Class 10 8GB Transcend SDcard.

The improvement is huge!

My SDcard costed me only 11 euro!! That is about nothing.

I know now why Voyteckst's android is quick and such. Since my android is also very quick now by just using an Class 10 SD (it is alot faster than my storage)
By using an Class 10 SD card, only things that need to load data will go alot quicker. Games that were limited by your sd card could be sped up but games that were not limited by your SD card will not improve at all.

Only the loading time decreases alot since your write speed has increased alot.

TRY ADWLauncher! It is alot smoother than Launcher Pro!!

They updated ADWLauncher and it looks AMAZING!

Edited by shoarmabakpao, 07 January 2012 - 09:56 AM.

djsolidsnake86

djsolidsnake86

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Devices:i8000 8GB
how remove battery percentage icon?

marios32

marios32

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i8000

Now that I use android on an Class 10 SDcard! The speed of opening applications has gone up ALOT. Loading times are ALOt shorter.

I tested my SDcard with 'SDTools" you can just download it from the market.

Write speed is 11MB/s
Reading Speed is 24MB/s

Everything loads alot faster. I upgraded from an unbranded class 4 SD to an Class 10 8GB Transcend SDcard.

The improvement is huge!

My SDcard costed me only 11 euro!! That is about nothing.

I know now why Voyteckst's android is quick and such. Since my android is also very quick now by just using an Class 10 SD (it is alot faster than my storage)
By using an Class 10 SD card, only things that need to load data will go alot quicker. Games that were limited by your sd card could be sped up but games that were not limited by your SD card will not improve at all.

Only the loading time decreases alot since your write speed has increased alot.

TRY GOLAUNCHER EX! It is alot smoother than Launcher Pro!!

They updated Go LauncherEX and it looks AMAZING!

I was waiting for your reply. Thanks a lot for the info, i am definately getting a class 10 card.

louis xv

louis xv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
hello Voyteckst
i want to ask you something

i think if you could provide us an option of RAM configuration like in froyo beta 2 (i miss the 70 MB free),
perhaps a modified kernel i guess,
i know that the current configuration is better for 3d but it reduces the overall performance
execuse me and thank you
and BTW autobrightness isn't working on cyanogenmod (i did a fresh install on my storage twice)
thanks in advance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users