Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

rom_omnia2

rom_omnia2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

Hi Voyteckst,
I've just read the new on the homepage. I'd like to read the code and to see if I can do some changes. Could you provide some information (links could be enough) to understand how to install the development environment and how to recompile the code?
Thank you.

It's wrote in the first page, CM Source isn't available yet. But you could play with the last beta 3:

THIS LINK is the Kernel Source, you can download it with a SVN Software using this adress: svn://o2droid.phj.hu/droid (It's wrote in the FAQ at first page).

THIS LINK is the Kernel compile guide. Cross compile download link is down, you can download THIS ONE.

About Development Environment, Android SDK may be useful, take a look here: http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html

PS: I don't know if you're already running Linux but would be good have some Linux knowledge already to avoid some operational problems.

PS2: I GUESS you could start trying to implement the FM Radio or a new Camera driver. I bought a class 10 SD card and i'm trying to understand better THIS PARAMETERS (some of them) to find the best value for our Android performance. So far all i can say is that we can run it slowly but stable or fast and unstable.

PS3: You could also work in a better memory management, take a look at this Changeset and this topic.

I'm not a dev, just sharing what i know, good lucky!!

Edited by rom_omnia2, 04 February 2012 - 03:00 AM.

Ultima29

Ultima29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello !

I can't download "cm_beta1.zip" on "http://o2droid.phj.hu", I tried since yesterday and nothing... :unsure:

Is there another website where I can download this file or is it possible for someone to send me this file by email : ultima29___at___hotmail.com

Thanks !

ges4688

ges4688

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello !

I can't download "cm_beta1.zip" on "http://o2droid.phj.hu", I tried since yesterday and nothing... :unsure:

Is there another website where I can download this file or is it possible for someone to send me this file by email : ultima29___at___hotmail.com

Thanks !

Hi i' ve the same issue,

please could share another download link for the "cm_beta1.zip"

thanks

my self

my self

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Same problem :(

Not Found
The requested URL /cm_beta1.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at o2droid.phj.hu Port 80

Edited by my self, 04 February 2012 - 10:52 PM.

Öcsi

Öcsi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Same problem :(

Not Found
The requested URL /cm_beta1.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.20 (Ubuntu) Server at o2droid.phj.hu Port 80

from here downloadable: http://www.2shared.c...b/cm_beta1.html

Scorgan

Scorgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000 Omnia II

Unfortunately my microphone level is still very low at CM Beta1. Topic search said mic level issue should have been fixed with beta3 already.

Does anyone have a hint for me? I have JJ1 phone firmware under WinMob in use, other firmware parts are rather old level (work for me). I tried to play around with the .bin firmware files, but that didn't help at all.

Well, sorry for pushing this up again. Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to fix this yet. Even several new installations didn't change anything. Mic level is still very low and pulsing sometimes. I did several tests even without any additional programs installed, only native installation. I put it on a class 10 sd card.

Any idea for me? Do your microphones work all fine? Are you able to make phone calls without problems? If I call someone, they always proclaim my voice very low.

Blue Ember

Blue Ember

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:I8000

Well, sorry for pushing this up again. Unfortunately, I couldn't manage to fix this yet. Even several new installations didn't change anything. Mic level is still very low and pulsing sometimes. I did several tests even without any additional programs installed, only native installation. I put it on a class 10 sd card.

Any idea for me? Do your microphones work all fine? Are you able to make phone calls without problems? If I call someone, they always proclaim my voice very low.

I posted this problem here too but no one answer to me and I can't solve it

alabama20

alabama20

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:IT, PDA, WEB
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000 Omnia 2
Hi guys! Just read the first post :) We're up again :D

my self

my self

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi,

i bought a sim-unlockcode and entered it in windows mobile.
When i now boot into Android I'm asked again to input the unlock code...
Unfortunately is the keyboard on that screen not working so that i can input the unlock code again...

Can anyone help me with that?

It's quite strange since when i boot Windows the Simlock seems to be gone (can make calls ...)

Cheers,
Stefan

Edited by my self, 06 February 2012 - 03:45 PM.

my self

my self

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Was able to solve this on my own...
-> Had to delete "system" and set it up again.

Hi,

i bought a sim-unlockcode and entered it in windows mobile.
When i now boot into Android I'm asked again to input the unlock code...
Unfortunately is the keyboard on that screen not working so that i can input the unlock code again...

Can anyone help me with that?

It's quite strange since when i boot Windows the Simlock seems to be gone (can make calls ...)

Cheers,
Stefan

shoarmabakpao

shoarmabakpao

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II, Galaxy Nexus
12:13 Changeset [187] by bsMTD Nand driver added.
=D Nand?

marios32

marios32

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i8000
Really good news :)

I am really hoping for fm radio and further development for this phone.

lzq55555

lzq55555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:GT-I8000
  • Twitter:@Leo
Good News, thank you, I hope you will not give up, continue to study it !

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Neo V/Nexus 7

12:13 Changeset [187] by bsMTD Nand driver added.
=D Nand?

NAND is used in beta 1 already for getting IMEI.

ricvec

ricvec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Thank you very much rom_omnia2,
actually I like to see the code and I don't promise to solve remaining problems. I know a little linux but I want to improve my knowledge.

Thank you for the information...

It's wrote in the first page, CM Source isn't available yet. But you could play with the last beta 3:

THIS LINK is the Kernel Source, you can download it with a SVN Software using this adress: svn://o2droid.phj.hu/droid (It's wrote in the FAQ at first page).

THIS LINK is the Kernel compile guide. Cross compile download link is down, you can download THIS ONE.

About Development Environment, Android SDK may be useful, take a look here: http://developer.and.../sdk/index.html

PS: I don't know if you're already running Linux but would be good have some Linux knowledge already to avoid some operational problems.

PS2: I GUESS you could start trying to implement the FM Radio or a new Camera driver. I bought a class 10 SD card and i'm trying to understand better THIS PARAMETERS (some of them) to find the best value for our Android performance. So far all i can say is that we can run it slowly but stable or fast and unstable.

PS3: You could also work in a better memory management, take a look at this Changeset and this topic.

I'm not a dev, just sharing what i know, good lucky!!

con73

con73

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
New Froyo 2.2 rom from China.Supposedly faster than cynanogenmod omnia2.Transfer tragic. If someone would have a better link, please insert.

NEW ROM XDA DEVELOPERS

Edited by con73, 07 February 2012 - 10:12 AM.

marios32

marios32

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2 i8000
I think i ll stick with releases from here. Unless a lot of people test it and it proves to be good after all :)

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

New Froyo 2.2 rom from China.Supposedly faster than cynanogenmod omnia2.Transfer tragic. If someone would have a better link, please insert.

NEW ROM XDA DEVELOPERS

Not new, but old and based on beta3. Difference is kernel customized to their phones.

Dargor

Dargor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

NEW ROM XDA DEVELOPERS

HAS ANYONE TEST THIS?
please upload some video of the installed ROM

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

HAS ANYONE TEST THIS?
please upload some video of the installed ROM