Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

hovensy

hovensy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

They need the stats from downloads, so no one provides mirrors. Please be patient.

Also, @ipaq3870
How do we clear dalvik cache ?

Never mind.

For anyone know doesn't know how to do it as well, here it is.

$su
#cd data/dalvik-cache
#rm *
#exit
$exit

reboot

where do i do these scripts? in android terminal?? thanks

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@castwitz

where do i do these scripts? in android terminal?? thanks

Yes. Or in ADB. can be done in both ways

=====================================

Samsung Cooper, Fit, Gio & Mini Development

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Just out of curiosity, has anyone compiled iptables binaries? I enabled iptables in kernel but I still need the modules I think

If you are compiling your own kernel and has already enabled netfilter, isn't it easy to just enable few more iptable modules?? They are just few lines below the configuration, right?

Edited by ipaq3870, 09 March 2012 - 02:48 PM.

ipaq3870@madaco ~~~ Kernel Experiment for Omnia II ~~~ Offline until July

TheThingx

TheThingx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Do we have to download 2d/3d drivers separately? or is everything contained in the latest installer?

eric liew

eric liew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung gt i8000
hi guys, haven't been following for some time but wowzers and hats down to the Team with the Cyano beta 2 updates.

i downloaded and run the autoinstaller and installed to SD card. tested everything and yeah it's a sweet candy.

i got 1 problem left though, a big 1 too... my Phone isn't working.

i check the txt file... Notes:
1. If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image).

how do i fix this? step by step, where should i put the script file and execute it? i use android terminal and ./ the file at My storage and reboot...and it Hangs at booting page. Loading omnia 2....

anyone can help? please advise.

mircoron

mircoron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:i900

And by the way, there seems to be a problem with the B1/B2 build that triggers re-scan of every single installed package during boot. I patched the package manager service and re-instated the correct behaviour, and now it takes half the time to boot. The time saving is enormous. In case you want to try, apply the attached services.jar, clear dalvik cache, reboot, and enjoy. First time reboot should be very slow due to cache being re-created. YMMV. No warranty or guarantee of course :-)

Sorry, but how i can apply the patch?
How can i run services.jar?

Thanks in advance

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@castwitz

Do we have to download 2d/3d drivers separately? or is everything contained in the latest installer?

Drivers are included, don't download seperately

hi guys, haven't been following for some time but wowzers and hats down to the Team with the Cyano beta 2 updates.

i downloaded and run the autoinstaller and installed to SD card. tested everything and yeah it's a sweet candy.

1. If phone is not working for You (it's missing WCDMA 1900 frequency), just use standard JJ1 image. To do this rename cm_update_wm.sh script to cm_o2_update.sh re-run android and after update reboot. (cm_update_i65.sh script is to back to standard beta phone image).

how do i fix this? step by step, where should i put the script file and execute it? i use android terminal and ./ the file at My storage and reboot...and it Hangs at booting page. Loading omnia 2....

As described. Put renamed files on root on my storage where haret is. Run haret, afterwards reboot

Samsung Cooper, Fit, Gio & Mini Development

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

vakaloka

vakaloka

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i8000
  • Twitter:@vakaloka

If you are compiling your own kernel and has already enabled netfilter, isn't it easy to just enable few more iptable modules?? They are just few lines below the configuration, right?

hmmm do you mean in menuconfig? i thought modules were compiled independently from kernel

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

hmmm do you mean in menuconfig? i thought modules were compiled independently from kernel

Right - enable the modules you want and just do a make modules after make zImage should be good enough.

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Sorry, but how i can apply the patch?
How can i run services.jar?

No, you don't run it. To apply, just drop it into the /system/framework directory. Do remember to backup first the original file first.

eric liew

eric liew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:samsung gt i8000

Drivers are included, don't download seperately

[/color]
As described. Put renamed files on root on my storage where haret is. Run haret, afterwards reboot

didnt work bro...now after i reinstall the whole thing my wifi can connect but not moving/no downloads. Dang!

seems like i screw up......

vakaloka

vakaloka

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II i8000
  • Twitter:@vakaloka
@ipaq3870 by the way, your services.jar makes my phone freeze on Android on Omnia II Loading... screen(with original zImage), i would post a logcat If it worked with this file.

Edited by vakaloka, 10 March 2012 - 03:13 PM.

nikkotsoi

nikkotsoi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

try do another clean install before u apply the patch

bf5

bf5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000GT Omnia 2 16GB

And by the way, there seems to be a problem with the B1/B2 build that triggers re-scan of every single installed package during boot. I patched the package manager service and re-instated the correct behaviour, and now it takes half the time to boot. The time saving is enormous. In case you want to try, apply the attached services.jar, clear dalvik cache, reboot, and enjoy. First time reboot should be very slow due to cache being re-created. YMMV. No warranty or guarantee of course :-)

Thank you very much. Now reboot is x2 faster than before. I haven't tried the call think but I guess it's alright.

I inserted in ext4.tar.gz with total commander and did a fresh install and worked right from the beginning.

honggi

honggi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:i8000
When I reading ebook in the middle night, I found the screen is too lighter because the back-light is still open.
I cannot disable the lcd back-light.
Does anybody know how to disable the lcd back-light ?

shoarmabakpao

shoarmabakpao

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II, Galaxy Nexus

When I reading ebook in the middle night, I found the screen is too lighter because the back-light is still open.
I cannot disable the lcd back-light.
Does anybody know how to disable the lcd back-light ?

Download Screen Filter from Google Play. You can lower the oppacity of your screen by alot =)

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

@ipaq3870 by the way, your services.jar makes my phone freeze on Android on Omnia II Loading... screen(with original zImage), i would post a logcat If it worked with this file.

From what you described, it may appear you have problems other than that from service.jar. Try detaching USB cord before booting and see if you can get past the Loading splash screen to the animated logo. Anyhow if you can get adb to connect, a dmeg and logcat could be useful for troubleshooting.

honggi

honggi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:i8000

Download Screen Filter from Google Play. You can lower the oppacity of your screen by alot =)

Yes, I download it and found it is very nice for me.
Thank u very much.

shoarmabakpao

shoarmabakpao

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II, Galaxy Nexus

Yes, I download it and found it is very nice for me.
Thank u very much.

No problem =) Just press the small green + :D

Atrophos

Atrophos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Errr sorry i am new . but is there any possible That we can update the service.jar and Framework without linux ?

Sorry for my poor english

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users