Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Neo V/Nexus 7

yes it's working now, it was very slow..it wanted about 20 minutes to find some sattelites and I had been thinking that it was too long and it was broken..Fortunatly it is working now..so if somone have same issue as me with it just download the gpsfix from the market and wait for 15 minutes.

Somewhere in the first 3 posts there is info that sometimes for the first fix You have to wait a bit (don't know why). Next fixes should be fast. Have You read that?

chead

chead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
yes of course I have but anyway I had thought it will be shorter "while" than 20 minutes you know..

lelik67

lelik67

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia II i8000
The question about openvpn remains answered. Anybody has it working?

olivex

olivex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I8000

I tried both but no success. This is very odd because it finds as many APs as my other devices do (although I cannot connect to them as they are not mine), EXCEPT my own. What's the difference between my own AP and others? I can only think of one, that for my own AP, my I8000 (the same device that I installed cm beta 2) has connected to it when running on Windows Mobile. But I think the new installed cm beta 2 should have no idea that its WM neighbor has connected to that!

Anyone has any hint or clue?

enriquedopico

enriquedopico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Devices:OMNIA i900 - i8000
olivex, change your channel router to 1

Bye

olivex

olivex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

olivex, change your channel router to 1

Bye

What is channel router? You mean the Wifi (I use 802.11G) channel? Thanks.

enriquedopico

enriquedopico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

What is channel router? You mean the Wifi (I use 802.11G) channel? Thanks.

No, channel is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Bye

olivex

olivex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

No, channel is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Bye

Yes I understood correctly but expressed unclearly. So I will try to set my router to channel 1. Currently it's 11 I think. Buy why so?

enriquedopico

enriquedopico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
I don't know, I had the same problem... I had 11 or 13

olivex

olivex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I don't know, I had the same problem... I had 11 or 13

It works now! Great! Thank you! I was on channel 12.

slavisakovac

slavisakovac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:I8000
Hello to all ......I have a problem when I install cm_beta2. I have an external memory of 2 gb, but when I click on androidinstal.exe not installed by the end, negona middle of installing the phone restarts. when switched on again on the external memory card to reduce memory of 732mb .. What's the problem? Thank you very much, and pardon the poor English

Edited by slavisakovac, 11 April 2012 - 05:25 PM.

Peterbbk

Peterbbk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

This shouls be easy as i want to make an external SD installation....

I followed the the suggestion on the project site "
Before using read included README file and make backup."

Okay, it does not say much so this must be easy....

1. Copy all files and folders to My Storage - Done

2. Enter to o2beta folder - Okay

3a. For external SD install, just click installandroid.exe - No No!!... It starts to complain about some storage space where i had to answer yes/no.. impossible to answer as i no keyboard is active. I changed the text sd.cpio.gz to sd_ms.cpio.gz in the startup.txt file and got it to work though the whole installation...

4. Wait, extracting ~150MB could take time. - No problem

5. After reboot run haret.exe from My Storage - Nope!!! Now it asks for a Default.txt :-o ... I copied the startup.txt to the o2beta folder and it looked as for a while that it would boot with android but then it rebooted up with windows mobile again...

6. Enjoy! - Not yet - im stuck here.. What am i doing wrong??? The readme file is not much of help

Edited by Peterbbk, 12 April 2012 - 08:01 AM.

olivex

olivex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I installed cm beta 2 on my I8000 (SD card) but when checking my storage in settings, it says my SD card is destroyed. If I start camera it complains I have no SD card installed. And for internal storage, it says I only have 0.94GB in total, while actually I should have 8GB. What is wrong?The SD card is 4GB, I have 1024MB ext4 and 128MB swap, as cm beta2 requires. Other space is FAT32.

Edited by olivex, 11 April 2012 - 11:41 PM.

shoarmabakpao

shoarmabakpao

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II, Galaxy Nexus

I installed cm beta 2 on my I8000 (SD card) but when checking my storage in settings, it says my SD card is destroyed. If I start camera it complains I have no SD card installed. And for internal storage, it says I only have 0.94GB in total, while actually I should have 8GB. What is wrong?The SD card is 4GB, I have 1024MB ext4 and 128MB swap, as cm beta2 requires. Other space is FAT32.

Does your sd-card work properly in Windows Mobile?

djhoulio

djhoulio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I had the same problem and this worked for me.
You can try to reformat the FAT32 partition of the SD card on your PC using MiniTool Partition Wizard. Turn your phone on winmo and connect it in ''massive storage- sd card'' mode to your PC.
When you will connect the phone to PC, if windows ask you to format the card don' t format it because it will erase the other two partitions too.
Open MiniTool Partition Wizard, delete and reformat only the FAT32 partition of your sd card again as fat32 primary. Save changes and return to android.

As for the internal 8 Gb memory, it doesn't showing in settings. You will find your 8 Gb by opening the default ''file manager'' and press the ''house'' button. It's the ''storage''. ;)

Dargor

Dargor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I was never able to install the last beta on my omnia's storage.. I cant install in the SD card because the metal piece that was holding the SD card broke.. and I cant put the sd card anymore.. so my only option was to install in my storage..

since there is no guide to install this beta y tried to install the same way that the beta 1s but not susccess there.. it just stuck in "loading android" screen..

if anyone suscceeds on install in "my storage" can please share with me the way.. because I cant

dzifors

dzifors

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, are there any news regarding the work on the new version?

Edited by dzifors, 13 April 2012 - 10:06 AM.

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Yes because driver must be ported from kernel 3.0 to 2.6.32.9. I don't know how much time it will take. It's not only matter of libs.
Besides spica screen resolution is 4 times lower if i calculate correctly (that's not half). That's why their benchmarks are better. Additionally their current kernel has optimized memory etc...

That's why I was trying the reverse - porting things from 2.6.32 to tom3q's 3.0 kernel, which should be an easier path I think. I ended up spending one day to hack up a bootable kernel but it still needs much work.

I am out of time right now, and if you guys have time to spare and want to work on it, you can get it from github.com/ipaq3870

BTW, on github, I also have a 2.6.32 kernel that contains the code to many fixes and improvements:

• Camera key crash fix when simultaneously pressing camera key with 2 other buttons
  • HZ=500 and voluntary preemption for improved interactivity
  • 24-bit framebuffer - color bandings are gone and image looks much better albeit slower
  • Widget scrolling speed increase
  • Alternate USB driver that is less prone to connection problems esp during boot up
  • Kexec support to load kernel within userspace and to bypass windows (still needs work)
  • Added ramzswap aka compcache module
  • ram console to log kernel messages that survive reboots
  • hardware watchdog to reset in case of kernel crash
  • Key combos to hard reboot (lock + volup + camera) that save the time to pull out battery
  • Turned on some compiler optimization
  • Misc fixes to oops, deadlock, leaks, gpio, ...
See commit log for details and credits. Hope it is useful to anyone interested.

ipaq3870@madaco ~~~ Kernel Experiment for Omnia II ~~~ Offline until July

dzifors

dzifors

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
You can do the update of the fixs for faster and more comfortable with installation?

Edited by dzifors, 13 April 2012 - 12:46 PM.

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Neo V/Nexus 7

That's why I was trying the reverse - porting things from 2.6.32 to tom3q's 3.0 kernel, which should be an easier path I think. I ended up spending one day to hack up a bootable kernel but it still needs much work.

I am out of time right now, and if you guys have time to spare and want to work on it, you can get it from github.com/ipaq3870

BTW, on github, I also have a 2.6.32 kernel that contains the code to many fixes and improvements:

• Camera key crash fix when simultaneously pressing camera key with 2 other buttons
  • HZ=500 and voluntary preemption for improved interactivity
  • 24-bit framebuffer - color bandings are gone and image looks much better albeit slower
  • Widget scrolling speed increase
  • Alternate USB driver that is less prone to connection problems esp during boot up
  • Kexec support to load kernel within userspace and to bypass windows (still needs work)
  • Added ramzswap aka compcache module
  • ram console to log kernel messages that survive reboots
  • hardware watchdog to reset in case of kernel crash
  • Key combos to hard reboot (lock + volup + camera) that save the time to pull out battery
  • Turned on some compiler optimization
  • Misc fixes to oops, deadlock, leaks, gpio, ...
See commit log for details and credits. Hope it is useful to anyone interested.

Does it base on latest kernel updates?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users