Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

shoarmabakpao

shoarmabakpao

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II, Galaxy Nexus

But I got SOD.

Is your launcer 'Go Launcher' or 'Go Launcher EX'?
I just tried out both launchers and both gave me SOD's =O
With ADW launcher and LauncherPro it works great though

AoSra1n

AoSra1n

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II i8000
  • Twitter:@venu_nair

It's sounds very interesting to me...maybe it would be great to make some guideline for others not-so-technical based users ;)

Because I'm stuck at step #4
I made an update to new Market as described here: http://windows.modac...55#entry1919655
But now my Market won't find "Chainfire 3d" And when I'm searching from my PC it tell me this: "This item is not compatible with your device"

What can I do now? Thx in advance!

Here are the basic steps that I do. You can apply the updates to the install package before you install but this way is simpler for most people.

Install Android on SD Card:
1. Format External SD card as primary fat32 with minitool partition wizard (windows)
2. Extract contents of cm_beta2.zip to My Storage
3. Run androidinstall.exe from o2beta folder in My Storage (will install android)
4. Run haret.exe from My Storage (will run android for first time). Once android has loaded up do the following...

Apply updates (I use ADB, because its quick. But i suppose you can use also use Root Explorer (free app) to delete/copy files):
5. 2.6.32.9 Kernel has two folders called 'modules' and 'sdcard'

--> Delete everything in /modules directory in android, and then copy everything in 'modules' folder into /modules except the file param.ko.

--> Copy zimage in 'sdcard' to My Storage and replace the zimage there.

Note: If you start haret.exe from another location, then you should also copy it there and replace the zimage.

6. JonathanRasaTweaksOmnia2.rar and download just the tweaks file (NOT the framework-res and bootlogo.rar). It has three folders called 'bin', 'etc', and 'xbin'

--> Copy everything in bin to /system/bin
--> Copy everything in etc to /system/etc
--> Copy everything in xbin to /system/xbin

7. Framework.zip is to fix call waiting problem. Has file framework.jar

--> Copy framework.jar into /system/framework and replace the existing file

8. Services.zip is to speed up boot time. Has file services.jar

--> Copy services.jar into /system/framework and replace the existing file

9. Delete everything in /data/dalvik-cache
10. Reboot phone immediately. It will take more time than usual to start up, dont worry.
11. If no phone signal, rename cm_update_wm.sh file in My Storage to cm_o2_update.sh then reboot twice. It will revert to windows phone signal part.
12. Install Chainfire3D. I downloaded it on my computer then copied it over to install. Just google it, its a free app.

--> Within the app, install CF3D Driver (it will automatically reboot)

--> Install Chainfire3D app again if after reboot you dont see Chainfire 3D in app drawer

--> In Default OpenGl settings check 'Reduce texture quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

13. Install 'Minfreemanager' and apply settings you want (or use preset).
14. Install 'SD Speed Increase' and set to recommended level (dont know if it really works though)
15. Install 'Swapper for Root' or 'Swapper2' and put how much swap you want (i dont do this though)
16. Update Market if you want
17. For smoothness and battery life i also disable auto-orientation, decrease brightness, turn off all animations, and switch to 2G

Thats it. All done. Android is super quick and battery life is around 2 days.

Only problem I face is it has no phone signal on some boots. I fix this by trying to toggle airplane mode (doesnt actually change) then reboot. Then again trying to toggle airplane mode and reboot. Usually on second boot i am successful. If anyone knows the solution, please tell me.

Edited by AoSra1n, 29 April 2012 - 10:55 PM.

nikkotsoi

nikkotsoi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
Only problem I face is it has no phone signal on some boots. I fix this by trying to toggle airplane mode (doesnt actually change) then reboot. Then again trying to toggle airplane mode and reboot. Usually on second boot i am successful. If anyone knows the solution, please tell me.
i got this problem too
bothering me

nikkotsoi

nikkotsoi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
anyone found using the new kernel wil cause some electric sound when listening to music through earphone?
especially when pressing the hardware buttons and typing

lilfarhad94

lilfarhad94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
after flashing the sdcard and open androidinstall.exe from o2beta
it says:

"error: the location 4194 is outside of the device /dev/block/mmcblk0
creating ext4 and swap partitions.
ext4 partition size: 1024 Mb

warning: you requested a partition from 2809mb to 3833mb.
the closest location we can manage is 3973mb to 3973mb.
is this still acceptable to you?
Yes/No?"

what's the problem?
pleas help me..

nikkotsoi

nikkotsoi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

after flashing the sdcard and open androidinstall.exe from o2beta
it says:

"error: the location 4194 is outside of the device /dev/block/mmcblk0
creating ext4 and swap partitions.
ext4 partition size: 1024 Mb

warning: you requested a partition from 2809mb to 3833mb.
the closest location we can manage is 3973mb to 3973mb.
is this still acceptable to you?
Yes/No?"

what's the problem?
pleas help me..

download minitool partition
backup all your stuffs in sd card
use the minitool partition to delelte all partition of the sd card
no need to recreate any
just leave it raw
enter the setup of android again
it should works,,
copy back the files in the sd card afterwards

lilfarhad94

lilfarhad94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
yeeah got it :D
thanks ;)
it's so beautiful :wub: :P

killoper

killoper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Here are the basic steps that I do. You can apply the updates to the install package before you install but this way is simpler for most people.

Install Android on SD Card:
1. Format External SD card as primary fat32 with minitool partition wizard (windows)
2. Extract contents of cm_beta2.zip to My Storage
3. Run androidinstall.exe from o2beta folder in My Storage (will install android)
4. Run haret.exe from My Storage (will run android for first time). Once android has loaded up do the following...

Apply updates (I use ADB, because its quick. But i suppose you can use also use Root Explorer (free app) to delete/copy files):
5. 2.6.32.9 Kernel has two folders called 'modules' and 'sdcard'

--> Delete everything in /modules directory in android, and then copy everything in 'modules' folder into /modules except the file param.ko.

--> Copy zimage in 'sdcard' to My Storage and replace the zimage there.

Note: If you start haret.exe from another location, then you should also copy it there and replace the zimage.

6. JonathanRasaTweaksOmnia2.rar and download just the tweaks file (NOT the framework-res and bootlogo.rar). It has three folders called 'bin', 'etc', and 'xbin'

--> Copy everything in bin to /system/bin
--> Copy everything in etc to /system/etc
--> Copy everything in xbin to /system/xbin

7. Framework.zip is to fix call waiting problem. Has file framework.jar

--> Copy framework.jar into /system/framework and replace the existing file

8. Services.zip is to speed up boot time. Has file services.jar

--> Copy services.jar into /system/framework and replace the existing file

9. Delete everything in /data/dalvik-cache
10. Reboot phone immediately. It will take more time than usual to start up, dont worry.
11. If no phone signal, rename cm_update_wm.sh file in My Storage to cm_o2_update.sh then reboot twice. It will revert to windows phone signal part.
12. Install Chainfire3D. I downloaded it on my computer then copied it over to install. Just google it, its a free app.

--> Within the app, install CF3D Driver (it will automatically reboot)

--> Install Chainfire3D app again if after reboot you dont see Chainfire 3D in app drawer

--> In Default OpenGl settings check 'Reduce texture quality' and 'Reduce texture size'

13. Install 'Minfreemanager' and apply settings you want (or use preset).
14. Install 'SD Speed Increase' and set to recommended level (dont know if it really works though)
15. Install 'Swapper for Root' or 'Swapper2' and put how much swap you want (i dont do this though)
16. Update Market if you want
17. For smoothness and battery life i also disable auto-orientation, decrease brightness, turn off all animations, and switch to 2G

Thats it. All done. Android is super quick and battery life is around 2 days.

My Omnia android doesnt run whit thits changes and updates. When is loading the phone vibrate but doesnt run.

aeg

aeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2
Thanks for the good work. I installed android using an 8GB external SD card and it worked fine. But now I want to remove it and get the allocated space back to SD card. Currently when I connect the device to windows, it shows 2 GB of external SD. How can I format it and get the space back?

ErcanPolat

ErcanPolat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-I8000
I installed new kernel and modules on newly installed cm beta 2. I changed cm_update_wm.sh to sm_o2_update.sh. But no signal and no wifi. It seems more responsive than before. It will be better if o2droid deveopers help ipaq. Our phones getting older :)

killoper

killoper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a new Cuestion. Can I install it with out external sd. My device doesnt detect my badword sd ...

lilfarhad94

lilfarhad94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

My Omnia android doesnt run whit thits changes and updates. When is loading the phone vibrate but doesnt run.

got the same problem ..

marciosironi

marciosironi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
can I have root access?
when I try to delete the files in/ modules, the message thatdo not have permissions.

AoSra1n

AoSra1n

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
@lilfarhad94 Try doing updates one by one and rebooting. Isolate where the problem lies. Make sure ur not copying over param.ko in modules and make sure ur deleting dalvik-cache after updates. It should work.

@nikkotsoi. I did have electric sound with music, prior to updates. Appears to be worse for higher bitrate songs, so i assume its a problem with reading android and music files off SD card at same time. Im going to be transferring my music to My Storage and getting android to scan that directory. But with new update the songs play fine most of the time with only intermittent problems when im multitasking on the phone. So not a huge issue for me.

@aeg. Format with minitool partition wizard.

@marciosironi. Get Root Explorer.

@killoper. Yes, just look elsewhere on this forum, plenty of guides to install in My Storage.

@Ercanpolat. If no signal or airplane sign but airplane mode is unchecked... Try turning on and off airplane mode. Then rebooting. I am successful when i reboot phone and i see airplane mode is checked. Then i uncheck and phone signal turns on. Its a bit tricky.

shoarmabakpao

shoarmabakpao

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
@ AoSra1nA
I tried your guide, just to see if it really works. I already had all those tweaks and some more on my device. I backed up everything I needed and then I formatted my card. I made 3 partitions on my own (I wanted to have a bigger swap)
Then I followed your guide, just to see if it really works, and it sure did!

Props to you for making an easy guide for people that did not know how to do all these things :)

AoSra1n

AoSra1n

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

@ AoSra1nA
I tried your guide, just to see if it really works. I already had all those tweaks and some more on my device. I backed up everything I needed and then I formatted my card. I made 3 partitions on my own (I wanted to have a bigger swap)
Then I followed your guide, just to see if it really works, and it sure did!

Props to you for making an easy guide for people that did not know how to do all these things :)

No problem. Just wanted to make it easier for people to find the tweaks without going through page after page. Ideally i wouldve created an update patch with all of the tweaks, but then i wouldnt be acknowledging the tweak owner's adequately. Because the props really go to the people (including you) who took the time to tweak and share their modifications. I can now use android daily with only occasional freezes.

You mentioned more tweaks. Do you have any more finished tweaks to share?

shoarmabakpao

shoarmabakpao

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
These tweaks are all done on your phone running Android CMB2 with all the tweaks and kernel!
1. Use LauncherPro.
2. Go to LauncherPro preferences, go to Advanced Settings and change the opening speed to 10 for both options.
3. Disable all animations.
4. Use Compcache and set it to 18%
5. Disable surface dithering.
6. Use swapper2 and set swappiness to 100. I got my swap at 338mb. I dont mind waiting 2-3sec for some apps to load. I use a very fast Class10 SDcard so swapping goes fast here. Also swap is required for playing demanding games!
7. When playing heavy games such as Angry Birds Space, I recommend to switch of your WiFi/Data, also switch the music off inside the games settings.
8. Go to contacts and disable the contact pictures.
9. Reboot every day =)

By the way, if we want to run ICS on the Omnia 2, then we need better 2d/3d drivers. I tested ICS on an LG GT540 and I downclocked its cpu all the way down to 400Mhz and it still stayed liquid smooth which means, the GPU is doing about all the rendering. (the phone used Nova Launcher with all those cool ICS effects) Going below 400Mhz made the phone a little bit laggy.

Edited by shoarmabakpao, 01 May 2012 - 09:54 AM.

killoper

killoper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
@AoSra1nA Thank for the info and for your work

AoSra1n

AoSra1n

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

These tweaks are all done on your phone running Android CMB2 with all the tweaks and kernel!
1. Use LauncherPro.
2. Go to LauncherPro preferences, go to Advanced Settings and change the opening speed to 10 for both options.
3. Disable all animations.
4. Use Compcache and set it to 18%
5. Disable surface dithering.
6. Use swapper2 and set swappiness to 100. I got my swap at 338mb. I dont mind waiting 2-3sec for some apps to load. I use a very fast Class10 SDcard so swapping goes fast here. Also swap is required for playing demanding games!
7. When playing heavy games such as Angry Birds Space, I recommend to switch of your WiFi/Data, also switch the music off inside the games settings.
8. Go to contacts and disable the contact pictures.
9. Reboot every day =)

By the way, if we want to run ICS on the Omnia 2, then we need better 2d/3d drivers. I tested ICS on an LG GT540 and I downclocked its cpu all the way down to 400Mhz and it still stayed liquid smooth which means, the GPU is doing about all the rendering. (the phone used Nova Launcher with all those cool ICS effects) Going below 400Mhz made the phone a little bit laggy.

Thanks for the tips. Ive done most except for 4,5 and 6. I'l do it now. Also I've switched to ADW Launcher Ex (Paid) from Launcher Pro. I find it to be snappier, plus i can put an ICS theme to icons. Yep, ICS is too much to ask of our devices.

Edited by AoSra1n, 01 May 2012 - 11:53 AM.

aafi-rocks

aafi-rocks

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia 2
  • Twitter:@Aafi_Rocks
I find 360 launcher to be the best launcher, even with all different settings and all animations on,, it is snappier and after changing the display DPI settings to 200.. it gets more snappier.

Edited by aafi-rocks, 01 May 2012 - 12:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users