Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

gauravv

gauravv

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Devices:Omnia B7610
I have switched to windows phone 7.5 omnia w ......thanks devs for your support!!...god bless you

Kewlkat

Kewlkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i8000
Was facing problems with wifi not connecting properly. I would keep getting the "Scanning" "Connecting..." "Obtaining IP address".... "Disconnected" cycle. With Static IP, it would connect to the network, but I still couldnt access internet. I tried the build.prop fix suggested in post#3 of this thread, but it dint work for me**. Finally I realised the issue was with my router settings. My wifi network had WPA-PSK security with WEP encryption enabled. I disabled WEP encryption in my router & it worked - my Omnia is now able to access wifi internet. Hopefully this helps out someone else. :)

Edit: I now believe it was a combination of the build.prop fix & the router setting that worked for me.

Edited by Kewlkat, 26 May 2012 - 03:06 PM.

Kewlkat

Kewlkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Ok, so as we all know the Camera button currently just freezes the phone. Removing the battery is the only option for reboot when this happens. How can I remove this?

I tried editing the s3c-keypad.kl in system/usr/keylayout as per this post, but for some reason after reboot, none of the keys work for me & my only option is to overwrite the file with my backed-up copy & remove battery/ reboot again.

I dont mind not remapping the Home or Back keys as that is just a matter of getting used to, but I would really like to remove the camera key to avoid accidentally pressing it.

system/usr/keylayout also has qwerty.kl, s3c-keypad-rev0020.kl & AVRCP.kl... system/usr/keychars have the corresponding .kcm.bin files. Do any of these need to be modified as well??
& I also noticed another path: /usr/keylayout (is this the same as system/usr/keylayout ?)

Edited by Kewlkat, 26 May 2012 - 03:17 PM.

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@castwitz

Ok, so as we all know the Camera button currently just freezes the phone. Removing the battery is the only option for reboot when this happens. How can I remove this?

I tried editing the s3c-keypad.kl in system/usr/keylayout as per this post, but for some reason after reboot, none of the keys work for me & my only option is to overwrite the file with my backed-up copy & remove battery/ reboot again.

I dont mind not remapping the Home or Back keys as that is just a matter of getting used to, but I would really like to remove the camera key to avoid accidentally pressing it.

system/usr/keylayout also has qwerty.kl, s3c-keypad-rev0020.kl & AVRCP.kl... system/usr/keychars have the corresponding .kcm.bin files. Do any of these need to be modified as well??
& I also noticed another path: /usr/keylayout (is this the same as system/usr/keylayout ?)

Ask iPaq to implement my solution for Omnia Pro into OmniaII kernel. It handles keys better. It needs only small adjustments for OmniaII

=====================================

Samsung Cooper, Fit, Gio & Mini Development

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

=====================================

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
It has been fixed in v1.0 of my kernel :)
Changelog and download here

ipaq3870@madaco ~~~ Kernel Experiment for Omnia II ~~~ Offline until July

Kewlkat

Kewlkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thank you erikcas & ipaq3870!!

I did check out that thread previously, but it mentions "Camera key crash fix when simultaneously pressing camera key with 2 other buttons"
However, the issue for me is not pressing the camera key with any other button, but just by itself. So even if I accidentally press it (which is bound to happen if am travelling etc) it freezes & then only option is remove battery etc...
After my last post, I tried removing only the "key 158 CAMERA " reference in s3c-keypad.kl. This time the edit did not affect the other buttons, but Camera button still froze the phone.
Next I removed the "key 158 BACK" & "key 212 CAMERA " from qwerty.kl. I guess this file isnt used anyway since Omnia i8000 uses s3c-keypad.kl, but I just gave it a shot nonetheless & there was no difference :(

I'm really loving Android on my Omnia (even if it feels a bit slower than Winmo, I can live with it) But I just wish I could get to the bottom of this issue, seeing as it has worked for other people. I would appreciate any guidance you can offer me. Thanks once again!

P.S: I have the Cyanogenmod beta 2 installed on my external SD card -16GB & class 4 - do you think this might be an issue? (I read somewhere on this thread that a person with class 10 SD card didnt face Camera freeze issues)

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I did check out that thread previously, but it mentions "Camera key crash fix when simultaneously pressing camera key with 2 other buttons"
However, the issue for me is not pressing the camera key with any other button, but just by itself. So even if I accidentally press it (which is bound to happen if am travelling etc) it freezes & then only option is remove battery etc...
After my last post, I tried removing only the "key 158 CAMERA " reference in s3c-keypad.kl. This time the edit did not affect the other buttons, but Camera button still froze the phone.

Hmmm.... let me re-phrase it: "Fixed system crash due to keypad ISR storm when 3 or more keypad events are received at almost the same time." And that is roughly translated as "Fix camera key crash problem". :D

Pressing the first half of the camera key is one press event, pressing the other half of it generate 2 more events, one is release, and the other is press - kaboom!

Trust me, no amount of layout change would work. The layout is for Android only, and the kernel keypad driver is at fault here. You need a kernel fix.

Kewlkat

Kewlkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Ah..keypad events... I think I got it...
See...now this is the thing...am not sure if I am tech-savy enough to try the kernel fix :unsure:
The good news is...I just tried the keypad layout suggested by you in your thread i.e.:
  • Backup and edit your /usr/keylayout/s3c-keypad.kl file like this:

• key 158 BACK
    key
    217 HOME
    key
    116 POWER WAKE_DROPPED
    key
    231 CALL
    key
    102 MENU
    key
    115 VOLUME_UP WAKE
    key
    114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE
    key
    26 ENDCALL
& it worked!! So the camera button now performs "back" without any freezing issues....fingers crossed it remains that way ...
I suspect the last time it did not work maybe because I changed key 26 ?? (does it have to be assigned to ENDCALL??) Ideally I would have liked that key to go to home (similar to my winmo) & cube/key 102 to take me Back, with menu assigned to either half of camera button...lets see will experiment a bit more, & report back...

In the meanwhile will also get a class 10 SD card & reinstall & see if that changes anything :)

ipaq3870

ipaq3870

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
If you are using the above keymap but without my kernel, you'll probably need "key 26 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED" or otherwise when your phone go to real sleep (after disconnecting USB/power and few seconds after screen blank), you still have an end key that can wake it up.

My kernel has the WinMo power key set as wake up source in the kernel, so you have no problems waking it up. The original don't - even you have "key 116 POWER WAKE_DROPPED" it still won't wake. A kind fellow has just posted an auto update pack of my kernel in the other thread, which you might be interested to try.

BTW, I personally don't like the end key act as back and as a matter of fact, another commonly used function, and the reason being it's far too easy to disconnect an incoming call accidentally when you are in the middle of something because the end key was pressed to act as function like back. Of course it's just personal taste.

thematias

thematias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sorry if this was answered before but I need help! I have android installed in SDcard. It's kind of slowly.
My questions are:
1) If i install it in the internal memory will it be faster? Do I have any risk to the phone if I install it in the internal memory because of the formatting? Is WinMo erased when I format? Is there any way to install it in the internal memory without Linux? I don't know much about programming. Is there any automatic installation way for Internal Memory?
2) Can I access the files in the 8Gb memory while having SD card installation?
3) Also I cannot conect to 3G, only Wifi. Does anyone know how to fix that?
Tons of questions but I need these answers!
Please someone answer me! Thanks!

Kewlkat

Kewlkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Sorry if this was answered before but I need help! I have android installed in SDcard. It's kind of slowly.
My questions are:
1) If i install it in the internal memory will it be faster? Do I have any risk to the phone if I install it in the internal memory because of the formatting? Is WinMo erased when I format? Is there any way to install it in the internal memory without Linux? I don't know much about programming. Is there any automatic installation way for Internal Memory?
Cant say based on personal experience, but as per point number 50 of this post, & several other ppl's posts on this thread, difference between MyStorage (i.e. the internal memory) & external SD shouldnt be much. I have only installed on external SD. My previous installation on a class 4 card felt a bit laggy. I have **just** completed installation on a class 10 card & it feels a bit faster, but its a bit too early to say for sure.
If you format your My Storage, you will lose any applications on it. Hence you do a backup with a software like Sprite Backup. Generally speaking unless you have performed some partitioning on your My Storage before, you shouldnt need to format it (if using auto installer for installing on external SD)
Yes
3) Also I cannot connect to 3G, only Wifi. Does anyone know how to fix that?
If you mean mobile data, it doesnt automatically detect the network, at least not for me. You need to select your network under Settings > Wireless & Network settings > Mobile Network Settings > Access Point Names
Then pull down your status bar (top bar with battery & signal strength icon) & you should see a few icons for Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Brightness & mobile data (2 arrows facing up & down). I had to click on this last icon to enable mobile data.
Tons of questions but I need these answers!
Please someone answer me! Thanks!

I think the easiest installation is using the auto installer on the SD card. You dont need to know Linux or partitioning as such. I have made a post about this, do have a read & give it a go.
I'm a newbie myself, so do take my answers with a pinch of salt. :P

Kewlkat

Kewlkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

If you are using the above keymap but without my kernel, you'll probably need "key 26 ENDCALL WAKE_DROPPED" or otherwise when your phone go to real sleep (after disconnecting USB/power and few seconds after screen blank), you still have an end key that can wake it up.

My kernel has the WinMo power key set as wake up source in the kernel, so you have no problems waking it up. The original don't - even you have "key 116 POWER WAKE_DROPPED" it still won't wake. A kind fellow has just posted an auto update pack of my kernel in the other thread, which you might be interested to try.

BTW, I personally don't like the end key act as back and as a matter of fact, another commonly used function, and the reason being it's far too easy to disconnect an incoming call accidentally when you are in the middle of something because the end key was pressed to act as function like back. Of course it's just personal taste.

Thanks ipaq. I believe I did have WAKE DROPPED assigned to key 26 (It was there previously so didnt edit it out). After my previous edit of the key layout, the camera key worked well (as back) a few times, but unfortunately randomly froze the phone again. So I have just re-installed everything on a class 10 SD card. will see how I go & might look at your kernel fix if I get stuck again.

Thanks again for all your efforts :)

thematias

thematias

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Kewlkat thanks very much for your answers!! They really helped me.
One other question :P
You said:
Yes
How can I do this? I want to access to all the music and photos in the Internal Memory... could you explain me?

PS: I bought a class 6 SD card and trying whether is faster than the 2Gb lower class.

XZTence

XZTence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I installed android through automatic install on sd. I can get to the "Now loading android on omnia 2" message but after that I should get the o2droid animation but instead I get blackscreen and it just stays like that. Why is that?

rom_omnia2

rom_omnia2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

How can I do this? I want to access to all the music and photos in the Internal Memory... could you explain me?

Your 8Gb My Storage files will be "mounted" at /storage folder.

I installed android through automatic install on sd. I can get to the "Now loading android on omnia 2" message but after that I should get the o2droid animation but instead I get blackscreen and it just stays like that. Why is that?

Just to be clear, the message that you see is "Android on Omnia II Loading" or "Now loading android on omnia 2"? It has been installed without errors and you are trying to run from haret.exe, right?

XZTence

XZTence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Just to be clear, the message that you see is "Android on Omnia II Loading" or "Now loading android on omnia 2"? It has been installed without errors and you are trying to run from haret.exe, right?

Exactly. after it installed I could use it and I rebooted a few times, now it's hanging at "Android on Omnia II Loading" screen.

erikthekippa

erikthekippa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone.
Today i installed o2 droid to my storage.Everything is ok but the screen is not working perfectly. Under winmo everything is all right but under android the align is not ok. The center of the screen is fully responding but in the sides is not ok. Maybe i need to recalibrate the touchscreen but i dont know how can i do this on android. Please help. Thank you very much.

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Camera button froze my phone on first installation. After a re-install camera button worked lol. After a third re-install camera button didn't work but didn't freeze my phone either.

Does this make me special? :D

dpspcdrgn

dpspcdrgn

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Can somebody please tell me what format cyanogenmod saves pictures as?
I took some pictures the other day and they accidentally got deleted and I need to try to recover them.

Shade5

Shade5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

A SIMPLE GUIDE TO AUTO-INSTALL CM_BETA2 TO i8000 INTERNAL STORAGE

Guys, screw the so-called geeks n pro's here.. badword you all for causing more confusion and pain by not doing things right... all people need are simple instructions - not your BS!
So here goes...

1) OPTIONAL: Flash your i8000 with any Windows ROM (in case you've mucked around with the partitions etc)

2) Remove the SD card
Set USB connection to STORAGE
Make the 3 partitions in the INTERNAL STORAGE using either
MiniTool partition wizard (or Ubuntu Linux if your comfortable with that)

Partions are to be as below
i) FAT partition named: sdcard (this is all the space u have minus the below 2 partitions)
ii) EXT4 partiton named: system (make this 1 GB)
iii) LINUX SWAP partion no name needed (keep 256MB here)

3) Reboot your mobile, connect to your computer via USB in MASS STORAGE mode and open the the new MY STORAGE using Windows explorer

4) On your desktop download and open the CM_beta2.zip
Unzip it, open up the o2beta folder, delete the sd.cpio. Now rename the sd_ms.cpio as Sd.cpio

5) Dump all the files from this CM_beta2 folder you just unzipped into the phone's MY STORAGE partition using windows

6) Now put in any SD card into your phone (this is just to keep errors from coming up during install - the card itself will not be used)

7) Disconnect your phone from laptop, and using any file exploer in the mobile, go into this O2beta folder and click on Androidinstall.exe - now wait 10 mins or so

8) Remove SD card now once install completed.

9) The auto-install is complete but u cannot load your O2Droid as the STARTUP.TXT file has to be edited.

Do this:
Open the txt file named "startup.txt" in your phone's STORAGE and erase the ''block/'' word from the command line
Also rewrite the ''vmalloc=256M'' command in the ''startup.txt'' file (delete and write)
It should now look like this:
Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200 vmalloc=256M"

10) Now click HARET.exe and wait for it to load - takes another 10 mins for the first time

11) Your now running your new O2Droid on internal storage :)

12) Sadly the SD card parameters are still messed up and to get the camera or apps to work u need a SD CARD partition mounted.
We can mount the partition we made named "sdcard" but you need to boot using Linux!
Use a Ubuntu live CD, or any other Linux distro and connect your Omnia to it.
-Open file vold.fstab from system/etc and change the following line:
Edit "ev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0"
to show
"ev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1"
Now reboot your phone.

13) If you want a good dual boot, get hold of Rapid81 RapidBoot1.1 . Its a great tool to dual boot Win or Android.

X) What I have not figured out as yet is how to get the external SD card work and be recognized in the O2Droid :(

Hope my two bits here help you guys out who have like me been wasting time over old useless turorials written for beta 1 or froyo....

Cheers
TheShadeEffect!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users