Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

jingang

jingang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
beta need more ram and 3d performance Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

nikkotsoi

nikkotsoi

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

i want 1gb ram and good 3d performance like the galaxy s2!
CAN I???
Our i8000 's hardware is just too crap, there are not enough physical ram but not the software problem
the 3d drivers for the gpu used for other native android phone is still crap (i5700 from samsung , rubbish driver)
It is not that easy to write a new driver by just saying "beta need more ram and 3d performance public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif"
PAY FOR A NEW PHONE IF YOU WANT A PERFECT ONE!

Job21

Job21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Devices:GT-I8000

guys,be realistic, our o2 is already 3yrs old ( that's a lot in cellphone ind.)
In fact,without this porting,how many of us would go for a real deal? So I'll say this would already be the most we can taste the android in this shell

Just enjoy and contribute whenever u can

Edited by Job21, 18 October 2011 - 01:33 PM.

AoSra1n

AoSra1n

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II i8000
  • Twitter:@venu_nair
i think beta 3 should come with a bigger screen. If possible i would like AMOLED HD, and icecream sandwich OS. The phone should also be thinner and include a hardware keyboard. If anything less, i will be severely disappointed. :P

To all those who are stuck on the pink screen. I am jealous of you. I prefer it to android, it is a very sexy screen.

genexide

genexide

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
how can i mount my storage as the sdcard? i've read that somewhere here before but cant seem to find it now. thanks

F53

F53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

guys,be realistic, our o2 is already 3yrs old ( that's a lot in cellphone ind.)
In fact,without this porting,how many of us would go for a real deal? So I'll say this would already be the most we can taste the android in this shell

Just enjoy and contribute whenever u can

I agree with this sentiment. If you think it's slow, stop trying to run stupid live wallpapers and every shiny piece of crap and apps (:D) on your home screens and concentrate on what is important - phone, contact, messaging, browsing and GPS performance. Being able to play around with other Android stuff is just that and a bonus. If you want the shinies then it looks like you're going to have to pony up the dosh for a new phone.

We can also wait and see what beta3 brings. I expect it will be better, but it is still unrealistic to expect the same from our Omnia2s as a Galaxy S2.

I think this is a great project because it lets us mess about with Android to see how we can get the same things (functionality) out of it that we have on WinMo and decide on whether to spend the money on an up-to-date Android phone, or not. I think I will even be able to use it to give my O2 to my wife (she only wants to make calls and send messages) with a little more customisation than I could perhaps get from WinMo thus allowing me to buy a new phone for myself without getting a lecture on spending all that money on a new toy :D

João Vicente

João Vicente

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Everybody telling me that I dont read readme, or dont do this or that. Man... I try everything! I swear! I read not just first or second post. I read all thread! I try all partitions p1....p7! I will try when come a new installer. I know the problem its in partition, but I dont know what is...

I think its not too much user really install it. Maybe I open a poll asking how much user really install it.

For me... I waiting for a next version. I try everything in the thread (for windows I dont have linux)

Job21

Job21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

how can i mount my storage as the sdcard? i've read that somewhere here before but cant seem to find it now. thanks

Like other advance editing, u better know where and how to recover ur change

Go to init.rc, find the line "mount... mmcblk0p1. ..sdcard" and a few line after it "mount... mmcblk1p1...storage",swap the blk0 and blk1

Or maybe u can share with us what u want to do with the storage mounted as sd?probably. There's some work around to the issue while maintaining system stability

Edited by Job21, 18 October 2011 - 03:38 PM.

Job21

Job21

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Everybody telling me that I dont read readme, or dont do this or that. Man... I try everything! I swear! I read not just first or second post. I read all thread! I try all partitions p1....p7! I will try when come a new installer. I know the problem its in partition, but I dont know what is...

I think its not too much user really install it. Maybe I open a poll asking how much user really install it.

For me... I waiting for a next version. I try everything in the thread (for windows I dont have linux)

joao,no offence.and i know how discouraging it can be

But for other similar case as urs,patience towards the release of b3 (expected in days) seems to be the only sensible choice

Edited by Job21, 18 October 2011 - 03:35 PM.

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@castwitz

Maybe you have to be more clear.
Like, what do you see when you run the installer?
Do you see lines like this:

Shrinking partition 0p1 to 1024kB
make ext4 on partition 0p2
Formatting ext4
Untarring ext4.tar.gz to 0p2

Or do you see a line like this:
Partition 1p5 not found!

As I am travelling by train on this moment, the exact lines I don't know.
But if the line is like the last with 1p5 not found, then you the partitioning of your "my storage" is different from what the installer expects. From what I read I think this is the problem.
The installer does nothing wrong. It just allways installs android from my storage (1p5) to partition 0p2.
If 1p5 does not exist it simply not installs Android. When using the installer you should never adjust startup.txt

You could easily restore the partitioning of "my storage" by re-flash your rom.

=====================================

Samsung Cooper, Fit, Gio & Mini Development

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Neo V/Nexus 7

Maybe you have to be more clear.
Like, what do you see when you run the installer?
Do you see lines like this:

Shrinking partition 0p1 to 1024kB
make ext4 on partition 0p2
Formatting ext4
Untarring ext4.tar.gz to 0p2

Or do you see a line like this:
Partition 1p5 not found!

As I am travelling by train on this moment, the exact lines I don't know.
But if the line is like the last with 1p5 not found, then you the partitioning of your "my storage" is different from what the installer expects. From what I read I think this is the problem.
The installer does nothing wrong. It just allways installs android from my storage (1p5) to partition 0p2.
If 1p5 does not exist it simply not installs Android. When using the installer you should never adjust startup.txt

You could easily restore the partitioning of "my storage" by re-flash your rom.

Beta3 installer will detect My Storage partition. Maybe better he would do if he wait.

João Vicente

João Vicente

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Sweet!!! I will wait Beta3!!! But come on... will be awesome when we have a Android Rom to install on your O2! Just dreaming.

I think thats installing apps its not best choice to try on O2, I already has a Galaxy S, O2 its from my wife. And no way run all kinds apps on it. But its nice check apps like FindMyDorid, Skype, and browser.

For user that install android on o2, can you run flash (installing the app) on browser?

I will try again today, I reinstall a portuguese rom on it, I waiting @PuCiNhOOO and I think his will give me a little help.

Edited by João Vicente, 18 October 2011 - 04:35 PM.

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@castwitz

Beta3 installer will detect My Storage partition. Maybe better he would do if he wait.

I can only say to that: Good work!!

Samsung Cooper, Fit, Gio & Mini Development

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

Marmach

Marmach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Samsung GT-i8000

i think beta 3 should come with a bigger screen. If possible i would like AMOLED HD, and icecream sandwich OS. The phone should also be thinner and include a hardware keyboard. If anything less, i will be severely disappointed. :P

To all those who are stuck on the pink screen. I am jealous of you. I prefer it to android, it is a very sexy screen.

+1 :D

I hope that beta3 won't have many bugs, because it would be tragic to read more "mr voyteckst, mr voyteckst! my car isn't Ferrari, can dev team do sth about it?!" :D

blackmore1989

blackmore1989

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:i8000

you should sit closer to your screen, then you don't need such a high fontsize.

thanksss^^

João Vicente

João Vicente

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Ok... I will give another try! First I will flash another rom to format My Storage

ASMARTTECHIE

ASMARTTECHIE

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II

+1 :D

I hope that beta3 won't have many bugs, because it would be tragic to read more "mr voyteckst, mr voyteckst! my car isn't Ferrari, can dev team do sth about it?!" :D

lololol .. rofl ! !

csalasq

csalasq

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I did install the beta 2 on my omnia 2 and works really fast, the performance and stability is much better now, but still having some problems, first the microphone is not working in some applications and second the most important, I cant make calls, it always say "not service" and there is not signal, when i try to search the available networks always appears a network error.

kourabies

kourabies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i installed android on my storage but i have a few problems. one is with the wifi. i cant connect to my home router and access to the internet. and second how can i do my phone when it starts to start with android? i changed startup.txt but i didnt manage to make it work. how can i put my contacts from winmo to the android and also it says me that the msd card need to be formated. i try to do it but no results. thanks for your time.

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Neo V/Nexus 7
Beta3 available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users