Photo

[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

• Please log in to reply
5246 replies to this topic

marisaleh

marisaleh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

just the same as what you do in windows, in wm connect your i8000 with usb mass storage mode, choosing my storage or storage card, which due to where you want to install android and make partitions

So if I burn UBUNTU onto a CD, boot my laptop from the CD hence running UBUNTU
Can I then connect my phone using usb to the laptop now running UBUNTO
How can I now see the phone from UBUNTU to format and copy files

I appreciate your help

synescu

synescu

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:Moto G XT1032

I appreciate your help

On your phone, go to settings
samsung -> General -> USB connection
select mass storage -> ok to confirm.

Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
Ubuntu should automatically mount your storage

Edited by synescu, 20 October 2011 - 02:48 PM.

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Devices:Samsung B7610
  • Twitter:@castwitz

I appreciate your help

No offence, but play around a bit with ubuntu, get used to terminal and its commands and so on. Then you learn to know what it does

When you get feeling with it, install gparted on your ubuntu. Make a back up of your sd and my storage. Connect your phone and try!

Because linux/ununtu is completely different from windows, it does things different then windows does. Therefore there is no explanation applicable from a windoze mindset.

If you really want to start now, just install gparted in ubuntu. It is a windows-style partition-manager which is easy to handle. It is self-explaining.
One thing: try google to understand primary, logical and extended partitions.

You can install it from commandline using the command 'sudo apt-get install gparted'

=====================================

Samsung Cooper, Fit, Gio & Mini Development

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

lalinde89

lalinde89

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:GT-I8000 (Omnia 2)
in terms of comparison...:) to which device our O2 could compare from a native android terminal?
our performance could be better??in terms of speed?

by the way, great work from the developers!!!im testing now beta 3! really awesome work for them!!

thx!!!!

marisaleh

marisaleh

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

No offence, but play around a bit with ubuntu, get used to terminal and its commands and so on. Then you learn to know what it does

When you get feeling with it, install gparted on your ubuntu. Make a back up of your sd and my storage. Connect your phone and try!

Because linux/ununtu is completely different from windows, it does things different then windows does. Therefore there is no explanation applicable from a windoze mindset.

If you really want to start now, just install gparted in ubuntu. It is a windows-style partition-manager which is easy to handle. It is self-explaining.
One thing: try google to understand primary, logical and extended partitions.

You can install it from commandline using the command 'sudo apt-get install gparted'

Thank you very much guys for this help,

Say now I booted UBUNTU from a CD, because I want to keep my windows installation intact
How do I get UBUNTU to connect to the internet using my broadband connection so that I can
download and Install gparted

Trasheador

Trasheador

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000
With Beta 2 i could only use 3G - HDSPA. Now, with beta 3, i can only use 2G - Edge and i can't disable "Only 2G connections". Checkede phone info in *#*#4636#*#* and i get "GSM Only" and can't change it. Need to use WCDMA to enable 3G, is there any workarround this?

AoSra1n

AoSra1n

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II i8000
  • Twitter:@venu_nair

With Beta 2 i could only use 3G - HDSPA. Now, with beta 3, i can only use 2G - Edge and i can't disable "Only 2G connections". Checkede phone info in *#*#4636#*#* and i get "GSM Only" and can't change it. Need to use WCDMA to enable 3G, is there any workarround this?

Finally, someone with same problem as me! I played around with it. Took out sim, toggled 2G, flicked airplane mode and restarted (dont know which order i did it in, but i played around with it). Now i have ONLY 3G, and '2G only' unticks itself continuously.

I dont mind this too much, get decent internet speeds. But i would like to switch to 2G to save battery life.

Anyone else have this problem? Know a solution?

Edited by AoSra1n, 20 October 2011 - 04:10 PM.

alabama20

alabama20

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Interests:IT, PDA, WEB
  • Devices:Samsung GT-I8000 Omnia 2
Holy s*** the camera is fast like hell now :D

Tan Loc Nguyen

Tan Loc Nguyen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Samsung I8000
I used Automatic install package to install on SD card but I was stuck in "Would you like to use FAT32?..."
Then, it asked me "Yes/No/Cancel?". I can't answer as Omina dont have hard keyboard. What can I do?

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Thank you very much guys for this help,

Say now I booted UBUNTU from a CD, because I want to keep my windows installation intact
How do I get UBUNTU to connect to the internet using my broadband connection so that I can
download and Install gparted

That was what I meant by my previous post.

Are you on wifi? If yes, search on google on your wifi card + ubuntu. Networkcable should work out of the box. If not, also google is your best friend.
My advise: put your networkcable into your computer and work from that if you only use ubuntu to connect to your phone.

There are tons of forums about ubuntu and connecting to the internet

Edited by erikcas, 20 October 2011 - 04:47 PM.

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • Devices:Xperia Neo V/Nexus 7

I used Automatic install package to install on SD card but I was stuck in "Would you like to use FAT32?..."
Then, it asked me "Yes/No/Cancel?". I can't answer as Omina dont have hard keyboard. What can I do?

Remove all partitions from sdcard and install one more time.

rom_omnia2

rom_omnia2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
Bahh, after reboot a couple of times the My Storage partition table get corrupted. Tried flash a new rom to restore the original partition table and then create again a linux partition, but the problem still, stuck at Android Logo loading (not the Kernel one, the animated).

If anyone have some tip to restore "My Storage" partition table. Already tried rewrite mbr, wipe data with 00, etc, etc... nothing works. The FAT32 partition works fine, but seems that when i boot haret.exe some thing corrupt, then it get stucked at android logo loading.

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Bahh, after reboot a couple of times the My Storage partition table get corrupted. Tried flash a new rom to restore the original partition table and then create again a linux partition, but the problem still, stuck at Android Logo loading (not the Kernel one, the animated).

If anyone have some tip to restore "My Storage" partition table. Already tried rewrite mbr, wipe data with 00, etc, etc... nothing works. The FAT32 partition works fine, but seems that when i boot haret.exe some thing corrupt, then it get stucked at android logo loading.

As far as I remember to restore original partitions, You have to flash MST. But it's rather strange, because my android has rebooted several times with no problems.

Trasheador

Trasheador

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i8000
Some phones come by default with My Storage as a Primary Partition. Mine is one of them. To make a successfull install, it will be requiered to erase the partition and make a new extended and logical partition.

João Vicente

João Vicente

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
None bugs! But camera has a very low resolution!

To restore MyStorage use NueStorageRecovery

erikcas

erikcas

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

If you have ubuntu, you could try this
Startup gparted, attach your phone, then gparted (in the menu) --> refresh devices
Now you should see my storage. Remove all partitions and unplug and reboot phone.
Let the phone format your storage if it asks.
Then again plug phone, refresh devices and make your partitions. unplug and reboot phone.

Worked several times wih me.

CM9 && CM10.1

AndroidArmv6 // Jellaxy

My Github

voyteckst

voyteckst

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

None bugs! But camera has a very low resolution!

To restore MyStorage use NueStorageRecovery

Camera has full 5MP resolution. Change it in options.

PuCiNhOOO

PuCiNhOOO

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

The installation of a new rom will not mess withe the partitions ...
Just try to format them under WinMo ...
If you got something in your MyStorage, and install a new ROM, that data will not be erased ...

finacho

finacho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
boys!!! where find a tutorial for "my storage" installatiom????? in sd card is slow and lag. battery drain in 3 hours.

PuCiNhOOO

PuCiNhOOO

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II

boys!!! where find a tutorial for "my storage" installatiom????? in sd card is slow and lag. battery drain in 3 hours.

Follow steps on 2nd post

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1040025

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users