[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest Boddish

After some more days of use i've seem Go Launcher EX is the best launch,fast and light...My battery continues to deplets fastly, some pages ago voytecks said it was a magnetic sensor problem, there is ANY way to me deactivate this?Also Angry Birds is perfect just a little slow to start though, Doodle God some times don't show icons, nothing restart don't solve, I cant play Doodle jump because accelerator are laggy, and in Cut the Rope, Omnom(the monster) is invisible... I will try the chainfire 3D to see if it solve the problems... yeah i'm really into games =)I can't complain about nothing, its just a beta... :/keep doing the good job..

Guest philthebrewer

Thank you Voyteckst. I have been running Beta 3 on my storage for 3 days now and it is so fast and clean that it feels like a new phone. This is a vast improvement on Beta 1 and rivals my wife's LG 0ptimus. It is a great way to recycle a truly beautiful screen.

Yes, sure there is the 2 second answer phone screen wakeup lag and battery life is not as good as winmo, but it is now so stable and clean that I can use it in business without worry. Congratulations on a great build.

Guest lalinde89

After some more days of use i've seem Go Launcher EX is the best launch,fast and light...My battery continues to deplets fastly, some pages ago voytecks said it was a magnetic sensor problem, there is ANY way to me deactivate this?Also Angry Birds is perfect just a little slow to start though, Doodle God some times don't show icons, nothing restart don't solve, I cant play Doodle jump because accelerator are laggy, and in Cut the Rope, Omnom(the monster) is invisible... I will try the chainfire 3D to see if it solve the problems... yeah i'm really into games =)I can't complain about nothing, its just a beta... :/keep doing the good job..

With chainfire 3d, omnom, the monster, appear!!!you can play it smooth and with a little less lag at the start!

I read that some has this same problem like 1000 post back

in the last 2 days I happens me 3 times, I was using the phone and suddenly it restarts, not completely, it restarts in the Android animated logo, and then ask me for my pin.

The first 2 time was after a 15 min call with my speaker on and almost no battery left, then a few minutes after hang up I tried to sent an sms and it restarts, once it was again in android USB was not working and when I tried to sent an sms again it restarted. so I decide to reboot the phone (samsung logo, then windows, then haret with the omnia android logo and then the animated logo) connected to the AC and problem solve.

And today again after playing 1 game of Angry Birds, switch to answer an SMS, and then repeat this same process 4 times in less tan 5 min, my battery was full and the phone was connected to USB. Every time I return to Angry Birds it loads all again.

So my guess is that it may be a problem with the memory or the task manger that will apps to free up memory.

That's why we state that You need SD card class 6 at least.

Yes, that was my point and why I posted the simple benchmark. It is worth noting that class 6 SDHC cards must be able to sustain a write transfer speed of 6 MB/s and in practice, all the different makes that I have tested are at least 10% faster (some more). Class 10 SDHC cards, iirc, must also meet the minimum of 6 MB/s sustained write transfer speed during random access, but they must also achieve 10 MB/s during sequential writes. So class 10 is not quite as big a jump as it might seem, from class 6.

Sorry Mate, you are looking at it from a higher level, while I am

looking at it from a low level.

To be honest, I may be making a sweeping statement here not

knowing how Samsung designed the phone.

If they designed it where My Storage is on board ie directly using

the same data bus as the cpu then it will be faster to access My Storage.

If they designed it where My Storage needs I/O to communicate with

the rest of the components on the board, Then My Storage will behave

like having an external Sdcard. In fact a high Class Sdcard could behave

better than My Storage in this case. Now if this is the case, we don't need

to install to My Storage. A high class Sdcard will be a much better solution.

You are assuming I didn't do my homework :P

I looked at some technical documents on the S3C6410 (ARM11) chip beforehand, as well as some other datasheets.

What you say is true, to an extent. The internal DRAM, NAND ROM and Flash memory do have parallel paths, whereas the external (SD) flash memory has a serial one. All memory access paths have a related memory controller together with associated overheads (part of the reason as to why the processor needs cache DRAM).

However, the limiting factor here, in both cases, is the actual speed of reading and writing flash memory at the memory chip level, since (if you look at the specs for current technologies) flash memory access is still relatively slow compared with accessing say DRAM. Transferring the data is a relatively small part of the total access time. The 2GB/4GB/16GB "internal" storage (My Storage in WinMo) is definitely flash memory (and 3 year old memory tech at that).

I'm not sure why you deemed my simple benchmark as too "high-level", since it uses pretty much all the same mechanisms that the operating system would use to, say, write to the swap file. The relative results aren't going to change much irrespective of the underlying hardware implementation. The first test to the SD card is still going to run faster than the second test to the "internal" storage, however much you talk it down :D

Of course, to be fair, the read test (which I didn't post) is much closer and there is the fact that internal storage probably uses (I do not know for sure) less juice.Given the rate at which the battery runs down, it would be useful to test internal versus external (using small and large capacity cards) to see if there is a dramatic effect on battery life.

Edited by F53

Guest antonio junior

VOYTECKST

which the priority right now since most of the resources then running?

will reduce the battery consumption? will improve 3D performance? will improve performance of wifi?

I'm not complaining, thank you for everything because they are reliving the omnia 2, but I'mwilling to stay on top of what are the improvements to come. in my opinion the battery consumption is the best thing to think about, considering, let's saythat almost everything is working.

Edited by antonio junior

VOYTECKST

which the priority right now since most of the resources then running?

will reduce the battery consumption? will improve 3D performance? will improve performance of wifi?

I'm not complaining, thank you for everything because they are reliving the omnia 2, but I'mwilling to stay on top of what are the improvements to come. in my opinion the battery consumption is the best thing to think about, considering, let's saythat almost everything is working.

Or maybe leave the guy alone to work (or even have some time off)? :P

He already knows about all this stuff and the stuff where "almost everything is working" but isn't; like the front cam, the FM radio, the other bugs people have already reported (some can't get normal camera working at all, slow gps fix, etc.) ... and I am especially sure he knows about battery life - in fact I know he does, since he said (a few pages back) that he was already working on an issue related to it and the magnetic sensor ;)

Besides, Winter is coming and it is good to be able to use the O2 as a hand warmer :D

Edited by F53

I dont have a SD card, so I manually installed the latest b3 package onto my Omnia II My Storage

P1 FAT32 1G

P2 EXT4 2G

P3 SWAP 128MB

What I found Android runs so slow, sluggish. Is there anything else I missed?

Thanks

Mick

Guest erikcas

Or maybe leave the guy alone to work (or even have some time off)? :P

He already knows about all this stuff and the stuff where "almost everything is working" but isn't; like the front cam, the FM radio, the other bugs people have already reported (some can't get normal camera working at all, slow gps fix, etc.) ... and I am especially sure he knows about battery life - in fact I know he does, since he said (a few pages back) that he was already working on an issue related to it and the magnetic sensor ;)

Besides, Winter is coming and it is good to be able to use the O2 as a hand warmer :D

He's just asking, he's not pushing anybody around. ;)

Edited by erikcas

Guest shoarmabakpao

With chainfire 3d, omnom, the monster, appear!!!you can play it smooth and with a little less lag at the start!

How??? omnom, the monster does not appear on my Omnia 2!! :( I checked it on my little brother's LG GT540 and there I saw omnom, a green frog-like monster =S

What are your settings in chainfire 3d?

EDIT: Nvm I fixed it already.

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest antonio junior

was checking and found a file called init.d increasing the RAM. I took the test and it worked.Initially 60 MB free RAM. Could Voysteckst of a look.File was developed by the Juwe11 xda-developers, now they have developed anapplication called RAM Manager. For those who want to test just download the file init.d and paste in the folder /system /etc and reboot. then check settings, information on the phone and check the total amount of RAM free.

script page

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1111145

Download link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G8DIGKP8

Edited by antonio junior

Guest sambosat

Thank you for Beta 3. I have formatted my SD card FAT 32 and copied all the files to the SD card and I ran the install android. After the phone was reset I ran the haret.exe but I get window that prompt me to run default.text but this file was not found. How cab this be fixed

Guest synescu

Thank you for Beta 3. I have formatted my SD card FAT 32 and copied all the files to the SD card and I ran the install android. After the phone was reset I ran the haret.exe but I get window that prompt me to run default.text but this file was not found. How cab this be fixed

I'm pretty sure that the installation failed.when you have a successful installation the startup.txt file is automatically generated

Guest avantgarde280

was checking and found a file called init.d increasing the RAM. I took the test and it worked.Initially 60 MB free RAM. Could Voysteckst of a look.File was developed by the Juwe11 xda-developers, now they have developed anapplication called RAM Manager. For those who want to test just download the file init.d and paste in the folder /system /etc and reboot. then check settings, information on the phone and check the total amount of RAM free.

script page

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1111145

Download link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G8DIGKP8

u must add busybox run-part service in init rc before add init.d folder in /systen/etc..it will not work if just simply add that folder..

Guest shoarmabakpao

post-599405-0-42120700-1319795468_thumb.post-599405-0-53628300-1319795470_thumb.post-599405-0-72237600-1319795475_thumb.post-599405-0-45272300-1319795479_thumb.post-599405-0-24463300-1319795483_thumb.

EDIT: So you put cynoganmod on our omnia 2. This is impressive. But it looks like you are using Froyo beta 2 or am I wrong?

Edited by shoarmabakpao

Guest Rodrigo Meister

Hi !

I put all archives on the My Storage, clicked on “androidinstall” and installed without a problems.

Reboot still with the Windows mobile, I went to the folder and clicked on “Haret”. It open me a window of “HaRET Version pre-0.5.3…” e asked me the file name of script !

I have no idea about what it is and a think it is wrong, because I think it should show me a pink screen, like you say !

If anyone had this problem or know how to fix it, tell me please !!

Thanks !

Guest antonio junior

u must add busybox run-part service in init rc before add init.d folder in /systen/etc..it will not work if just simply add that folder..

the developer's website are the requirements Root, Which kernel supports init.d here only did this procedure to put the system folder /etc and when reboot was 60 mb of RAM.

Edited by antonio junior

Guest Odysseas07

And How we do this ???? Did you know ???

Guest voyteckst

EDIT: So you put cynoganmod on our omnia 2. This is impressive. But it looks like you are using Froyo beta 2 or am I wrong?

Not really impressive, because it's taken from Spica. There is not many things to change to make it working ;-)

Guest rom_omnia2

I don't think it's necessary, in beta 2 we already had this. It's a file called tweak.sh called by loadmod. With some different values, anyway., i tried both. Didn't noticied any big difference.

And i don't think that this minfree configuration is good for our phone, hard to say, would work but theres some high values, with our free memory some services/processes would be constantly killed.

Guest voyteckst

I don't think it's necessary, in beta 2 we already had this. It's a file called tweak.sh called by loadmod. With some different values, anyway., i tried both. Didn't noticied any big difference.

And i don't think that this minfree configuration is good for our phone, hard to say, would work but theres some high values, with our free memory some services/processes would be constantly killed.

We removed tweak.sh because it's values caused some problems. There is no difference, becasue unused apps go to swap instead of keeping them in memory.

There isn't any magical tool/script which will make more memory for O2.