[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest erikcas

Guess what will be next complain? My phone is hot when charging! ;-)

:-P that is what I asked them to check. With B7610 no problems with white label battery. Not getting hot or someting.

Original battery in B7610 is charging with original battery driver, I checked.

Think I will get the download offline, I am getting the idea users are dl it for experimenting with it for other reasons then not charging on Android.

Edit: It is offline. Available only on request by PM

Reason: I have the idea that the download is downloaded for other reasons then not charging on Android.

The file was downloaded 100 times last hour, I only noticed two people on the forum with battery charging issues. It was only intended for battery NOT charging in Android AT ALL.

It comes to my mind people might think this solves charging to 95% or someting. It does NOT

Edited by erikcas

Guest matriX1218

Edit: Download is offline. Only available on request by PM.

Reason: I have the idea that the download is downloaded for other reasons then not charging on Android.

The file was downloaded 100 times last hour, I only noticed two people on the forum with battery charging issues. It was only intended for battery NOT charging in Android

Unzip, place zImage and frb3update.tar.gz on mystorage and run haret. You might have to reboot after update for modules to function.

hey erik

what are this drivers for?

can I use it on my b7610...?

as my battery lasts only 8-10 hours...

Guest erikcas

hey erik

what are this drivers for?

can I use it on my b7610...?

as my battery lasts only 8-10 hours...

Read the post you quoted for its purpose. This is exactly the reason I removed the download

Guest matriX1218

Read the post you quoted for its purpose. This is exactly the reason I removed the download

on charging my phone is getting very hot...

I always have to charge my phone on windows mobile and not on android..

can your update help me on this...?

I have already apologised in a previous post.

I wasn't asking questions about how to use linux my friend,

I was sharing my experience with trying to run linux from CD.

I only use linux as a tool, please refer to my first post regarding this.

Anyway, coming back to Beta3 on I8000,

I noticed guys that if you:

- Change the screen time out to 30 seconds

- Turn the Brightess down.

It will improve battery life a little.

LOL,

Edited by kenzoo

Guest voyteckst

I aready install Froyo beta3 by ghost file (?.GHO) but phone cant seach TFF card (SDcard). Why? Thanks

Sorry mate, but look for support for this installer to people who created this image (I know that it's modified). Here is support forum for original beta3 not modifications.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest jingang

Sorry mate, but look for support for this installer to people who created this image (I know that it's modified). Here is support forum for original beta3 not modifications.

some times it connected to coputer well,when rebot it willnot be found,why??thanks :o :o

some times it connected to coputer well,when rebot it willnot be found,why??thanks :o :o

my experience, once u successfully connected, if not disconnected at window probably, more likely it'll lost connection by next time

Guest moiassar78

hi Dev team

thanks 4ur great work

I ve on question

I did installation to my storage and everything good but when connect to PC the sdcard and my storage become the same partition ie when I send files to mobile I find them in my storage and sdcard. after restart the files seen only on my storage not on sdcard beside I cannot move app to sdcard

can anyone tell me how I can modify init.rc so I can mount sdcard as sdcard in PC

thanks alot

btw I use Gardakien method

Guest rom_omnia2

hi Dev team

thanks 4ur great work

I ve on question

I did installation to my storage and everything good but when connect to PC the sdcard and my storage become the same partition ie when I send files to mobile I find them in my storage and sdcard. after restart the files seen only on my storage not on sdcard beside I cannot move app to sdcard

can anyone tell me how I can modify init.rc so I can mount sdcard as sdcard in PC

thanks alot

btw I use Gardakien method

If you fallowed THIS TUTORIAL, then your My Storage Fat32 parition is mounted as SDcard and your SDcard is mounted in a folder called Storage.

If you already have Android application data in your SDcard (storage) you may have problem if you change it. Anyway here it is:

vold.fstab in /media/system/system/etc:

Change the following line:

dev_mount sdcard /sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.1/mmc_host/mmc1
Like this:
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/mmc_host/mmc0
init.rc in /media/system/ : Change the following line:
mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /storage
Like this:
mount vfat /dev/block/mmcblk1p5 /storage

Just like the turorial but inverting the lines like i wrote.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest rom_omnia2

Today when i started Android it showed the Turorial/Configuration Screen (like a fresh Installation) and a lot of "FORCE CLOSE" messages from all applications that i've installed. That mean my SDcard is corrupted, right?

Edit: Yeah, i think so. Windows found problems in my sdcard partition. Trying to solve...

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest voyteckst

Today when i started Android it showed the Turorial/Configuration Screen (like a fresh Installation) and a lot of "FORCE CLOSE" messages from all applications that i've installed. That mean my SDcard is corrupted, right?

Edit: Yeah, i think so. Windows found problems in my sdcard partition. Trying to solve...

chmod -R a+rw /data/*

Guest louis xv

hello every body

thanks to developers

i have one question, i'm using b3 now, but i feel that b 2 was smoother,so is there any way to edit the reserved graphics memory to make it like b2,coz i'm not interested in 3d games and i satisfied with b 2 performance>

thank you all

Guest voyteckst

hello every body

thanks to developers

i have one question, i'm using b3 now, but i feel that b 2 was smoother,so is there any way to edit the reserved graphics memory to make it like b2,coz i'm not interested in 3d games and i satisfied with b 2 performance>

thank you all

Beta3 is almost the same as Beta2. Most changes are in kernel part.

Guest rom_omnia2

chmod -R a+rw Android/data/*

I tried but didn't worked. Even if i finish the "Tutorial Wizard" everytime that i boot i have this tutorial screen and all "force close" messages.

I'm going to do a fresh installation, it's the second time it happend. The last one i was about to install the new beta so i didn't care. But now i'm really pissed. :D

Seems that this kinda corruption problem just happens with me. I was just about to record a video showing performance stuff. Arghh

Guest voyteckst

I tried but didn't worked. Even if i finish the "Tutorial Wizard" everytime that i boot i have this tutorial screen and all "force close" messages.

I'm going to do a fresh installation, it's the second time it happend. The last one i was about to install the new beta so i didn't care. But now i'm really pissed. :D

Seems that this kinda corruption problem just happens with me. I was just about to record a video showing performance stuff. Arghh

I had it once. It helped. Just skip tutorial - click for corners around green android screen.

Guest shoarmabakpao

I had it once. It helped. Just skip tutorial - click for corners around green android screen.

I also had this and posted it aswell. Well I must say I reboot ALOT.

The Music quality on Android is very very bad. In Windows Mobile we had SRS WoW HD which made everything sound like WoW just like the name says.

I know there is an app called DSPManager which is often cooked in the custom android roms. This greatly improves sound quality.

I installed it and had to mess alot with files in the ext4 partition on ubuntu. But the Extra Bass option was never availible for me. So I tried and ripped the APK once from my little brother's LG GT540 (android 2.3.5 back then, now he has 2.3.7) and it my omnia 2 refused to install it.

I assume the structure is different and that only android 2.3 gingerbread supports it natively. If there will be an android 2.3 update someday then DSPManager will be just install-able by just download apk & install.

Guest erikcas

I also had this and posted it aswell. Well I must say I reboot ALOT.

The Music quality on Android is very very bad. In Windows Mobile we had SRS WoW HD which made everything sound like WoW just like the name says.

I know there is an app called DSPManager which is often cooked in the custom android roms. This greatly improves sound quality.

I installed it and had to mess alot with files in the ext4 partition on ubuntu. But the Extra Bass option was never availible for me. So I tried and ripped the APK once from my little brother's LG GT540 (android 2.3.5 back then, now he has 2.3.7) and it my omnia 2 refused to install it.

I assume the structure is different and that only android 2.3 gingerbread supports it natively. If there will be an android 2.3 update someday then DSPManager will be just install-able by just download apk & install.

In Dutch we call this "the world upside down". Mess with your android to install an app? I should say the app should be modified to meet your system specs. Like trying install IE9 to windoze 3.1

Don't you think you must reboot android so much because you are expirimenting with it and its fs so much? I don't have to reboot.

Edit: Another question pops up: Is DSP supported in the kernel? If no, it wont work

Edited by erikcas

Guest Boddish

No luck either, i have done automatic installation on a class 2 SD (just for tests) and it still "burning" 5% battery/hour...

Do anyone have a way to make it better? Any special configuration? I am not using android because it is using too much battery, please helpunsure.gif... Thanks

Guest raiwakei

It hanged for me too once but I removed battery and restarted and it worked

also are you using the default extended partition and just resized the fat32 partition? if so maybe the partitions are not set properly in startup.txt or init.rc or vold.fstab

can any one confirm this?? i also got hung on android boot up