[TOOL-THEME] ROMXIN V3

Guest mon3em

ROMXIN V3

For Cyanogen 7,GSF,Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie,Fish'N'Chips

or any rom (need feedback)

OR themes if the themes included ( Contacts.apk,framework-res.apk and Settings.apk )

Download

Romxin NB3.rar

or

ROMXIN_NB3.exe

About Romxin.

Romxin is a tool to implant the new icon inside any exist rom or themes without do any other change.

Thats mean that you can implant the png files inside any rom or themes without worries about which version it’s compatible with.. so it should work on full roms or themes.

How does it work?

Romxin tool will create a backup copy of the original rom or theme you are batching. Then it will extract 3 apk files from it and start changing all the png files.

After the files been changed Romxin will pack them again inside the updated rom xxxxcolored.zip and create a flash zip as extra option in case of you don’t want to re-flash the whole rom again.

Just put the zip file you want to update next Romxin and click then you are done. you will get 3 zip files

1- xxxoriginal.zip ..........................your original rom or theme untouched.

2- xxx.colored.zip..........................your original rom or theme with the new icons.

3- xxxx.flash.zip...........................A flashable file. extracted from your original files.

so simple & easy.

Tips

If you are planning to join between other theme and Romxin here is some tips.

1 – If you already installed a theme on your phone and now you are looking for update the theme with romxin icons you can flash the xxxxxxcolored.zip or flash.zip after applying the batch

-Make sure that the 3 apks files exist inside your theme before batching it. If some of the apk files are missing then you must remove it from the zip after batching.

Example

The theme zip file include 2 apks like Contacts.apk and framework-res.apk ( missing settings.apk)

By applying Romxin you will get xxxxxx.colored.zip and xxxxx.flash.zip

Both zip files will include these apks and Romxin will add the 3rd ( settings.apk ) you must remove it from the zip before flashing since the original one wasn't exist. Just use 7zip

2- if you don’t have a theme installed on your phone and you want to flash a theme + Romxin then you gotta flash the xxxx_colored.zip

Bugs

1- Doesn't work on 64bit

2- Doesn't work if the profile of your windows have a name with space.

3- Notification icon, Recovery icon still in grayscale for some roms.

post-836644-0-45175600-1318703931_thumb.post-836644-0-88470200-1318703931_thumb.post-836644-0-18750400-1318703932_thumb.post-836644-0-51762100-1318703932_thumb.

post-836644-0-79734400-1318703932_thumb.post-836644-0-09903800-1318703933_thumb.post-836644-0-39184400-1318703933_thumb.post-836644-0-71810500-1318703933_thumb.

post-836644-0-39202700-1318703934_thumb.post-836644-0-83451300-1318703934_thumb.post-836644-0-09134000-1318703952_thumb.post-836644-0-43298900-1318703952_thumb.

post-836644-0-74550600-1318703952_thumb.post-836644-0-09282400-1318703953_thumb.post-836644-0-46090500-1318703953_thumb.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V2

Now you can add new look to settings menu with ROMXIN batch and yes it works on any rom.

Just copy the ROMXIN batch in same folder with any rom you want to update. ( Romxin working on any zip file so creat a new folder for it )

Double click then you are done.

You will get.

1- Xxxxxxxx.original.zip .........................................your original rom untouched.

2- Xxxxxxxx.colored.zip.........................................your original rom with the new menu.

3- flasher.zip_justsettings_flash.zip.....................A flashable file. If you don’t want to reflash the whole rom flash just this.(extracted from your rom ).

Simple & smart

Enjoy it

Romxin_Settings.rar

Edited by mon3em

Great app.

Just wondering, where can i get that colour settings? smile.gif

hi

what you mean by where you can get it? what kind of rom you are on now ?

any way just put your current rom source zip file and use the app. then it will creat a flash for you. just flash it.

if you need help just post here and i will try to do my best

cheers

possibly cautious, but I am not prepared to run exe's downloaded from a forum. Could you consider another way to do this ?

No problem i'll upload another file in rar format.

Edited by mon3em

No problem i'll upload another file in rar format. ------- thanks - but the enclosed file is still a .exe

I got what you mean.

1st of all not only the exe files can carry a virus. so you shouldn't download any kind of files :) it can be in a zip,rar,script,html,picor even mp3 or whatever if you know about it.:lol:

2nd if you on gsf just flash the setting menu form my other topic coloring our blade.

3rd modaco is a clean forum.

Edited by mon3em

• 4 weeks later...

Somes problems with Win7 64bit. Error message : Compatibility for some files copied

try to right click on the file and choose run as administrator n check if it works

i'm on 32bit so i haven't test it on 64

Guest giopego

ty m8 ;)

I have some problem with seven.

The cmd reports some errors and when I flash the file in the blade the phone don't want to start.

can u post a .rar/.zip file please?

I have some problem with seven.

The cmd reports some errors and when I flash the file in the blade the phone don't want to start.

can u post a .rar/.zip file please?

i will upload a rar file if you mean you want the tool as rar regarding to what you have said " can u post a .rar/.zip file please? "

if you mean that you want a flash zip file just tell me which rom you are on !! then i'll post it for you.

cheers

Guest IPB_Refugee

Hello mon3em,

again a really great job! smile.gif

In the meantime I switched away from GSF and joined CM which is great.

May I ask for some help? I'm running Linux at my desktop computer (Debian) and don't want to mess around with Wine, virtual machines and so on. blush.gif

Could you provide a flashable .zip file for CyanogenMod 7.1.0 stable, please? Not a complete ROM, just the necessary changes to get the beautiful icons as you did for Ginger Stir Fry in the topic "Coloring our Blade".

Here is the download link to CM7.1 stable: http://download.cyan...le&device=blade

Thanks again for working on a more colorful and beautiful GUI and have a nice weekend!

Wolfgang

Hello mon3em,

again a really great job! smile.gif

In the meantime I switched away from GSF and joined CM which is great.

May I ask for some help? I'm running Linux at my desktop computer (Debian) and don't want to mess around with Wine, virtual machines and so on. blush.gif

Could you provide a flashable .zip file for CyanogenMod 7.1.0 stable, please? Not a complete ROM, just the necessary changes to get the beautiful icons as you did for Ginger Stir Fry in the topic "Coloring our Blade".

Here is the download link to CM7.1 stable: http://download.cyan...le&device=blade

Thanks again for working on a more colorful and beautiful GUI and have a nice weekend!

Wolfgang

Thank you

Here you go download from here CM7.1-Romxin

Enjoy& have a great weekend

Edited by mon3em

Guest IPB_Refugee

Awesome work, mon3em!

I really love the new icons! The GUI looks so much better when it's colorful.

Thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!

[if someone is interested in the MD5 sum of the file cm-7.1.0-Blade_ROMXIN+V3.zip: dbe3de00fc1f4df9210e22b4708e7dc3]

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Guest IPB_Refugee

Hello mon3em,

I'm sooo proud of myself! laugh.gif

The last two days I learned a lot about changing .apks and creating update.zip files (e.g. apktool, signapk.jar, ...)

I even managed to change stat_sys_gps_on.png in your theme and to correctly resign framework-res.apk.

(BTW: I took limawhiskey's really nice gps icon from here: http://android.modac...ost__p__1600667

You might be interested in a few small changes regarding updater-script:

ui_print("Let us colorize our Blades!");

mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

package_extract_dir("framework", "/system/framework");

package_extract_dir("app", "/system/app");

unmount("/system");

ui_print("Ready. Hope you like it!");

Some useful links I found about Edify (ClockworkMod's 3+ scripting language):

http://forum.xda-dev...2&postcount=102

http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=936175

Best regards

Wolfgang

Awesome work, mon3em!

I really love the new icons! The GUI looks so much better when it's colorful.

Thank you! thank you! thank you! thank you!

[if someone is interested in the MD5 sum of the file cm-7.1.0-Blade_ROMXIN+V3.zip: dbe3de00fc1f4df9210e22b4708e7dc3]

Kind regards

Wolfgang

You welcome :) E N J O Y the colors

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...