-------

Guest tillaz

Guest PedroVader

hello!will this rom unlock also OMC or no??

No rom flash will (currently) unlock the OMC, but we only have a week to go until the Skate goes on sale unlocked, so should see some progress after that.

Tillaz your ROM sounds very tempting to flash, however...I am running CM7 and it took me absolutely ages to get the phone to work and look the way I want it, hopefully will try this in future if I feel I need the change, anyway...good luck with improvements and stuff :)

Tillaz your ROM sounds very tempting to flash, however...I am running CM7 and it took me absolutely ages to get the phone to work and look the way I want it, hopefully will try this in future if I feel I need the change, anyway...good luck with improvements and stuff :)

Why not just do a Nandroid backup, then if you don't like the rom it's easy to go back exactly as you were before.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nice one tillaz, I'll give this a go later in the week.

Edited by gitf@ce

Why not just do a Nandroid backup, then if you don't like the rom it's easy to go back exactly as you were before.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Nice one tillaz, I'll give this a go later in the week.

I could do that but I rather not because its a little scary, not everything gets remembered so that's the problem.

Guest achromic

One question, what is the default launcher for this rom and how good is this ROM compared to CM7? Thanks :)

It's LauncherPro laugh.gif And as for the comparison to CM7, really don't know, I've been using a cooked rom since day one. Just do a nandroid backup, and if you're a bit iffy over that, run titanium (or another backup app).

Now, for the rest, just installed, and it's good that tillaz said about the stay awake, i'd advise you to follow his words. Anyhooo, nice feeling rom, like the colour of it, gives it a cool look (in both feel and style).

Good work matey cool.gif

It's LauncherPro laugh.gif And as for the comparison to CM7, really don't know, I've been using a cooked rom since day one. Just do a nandroid backup, and if you're a bit iffy over that, run titanium (or another backup app).

Now, for the rest, just installed, and it's good that tillaz said about the stay awake, i'd advise you to follow his words. Anyhooo, nice feeling rom, like the colour of it, gives it a cool look (in both feel and style).

Good work matey cool.gif

How are the HD games?...can the CPU be clocked any faster than CM& it currently can?

Guest PedroVader

Downloading now, battery is low, so charging some before I flash it.

One thing I've noticed across the various ROMS, (stock included) is that the long press on the QWERTY row, doesn't always insert numbers, almost like it doesn't even register, and it was intermittent, depending on which kind of text box, eg, my wifi key contains loads of letters and numbers, and I had to switch between alpha, and numeric

The only ROM this doesn't happen with is CM7, (but Gingebread roms did it on my old Blade) Is this a Ginger issue anyone else has seen?

I'll try this one, see if it shows up again.

Thanks for the effort fella!!

Guest PedroVader

One thing I've noticed across the various ROMS, (stock included) is that the long press on the QWERTY row, doesn't always insert numbers, almost like it doesn't even register, and it was intermittent, depending on which kind of text box, eg, my wifi key contains loads of letters and numbers, and I had to switch between alpha, and numeric

Flashed, seems nice and quick, and much brighter than the screenshots!

The issue with the numeric long press is back though, not sure whats causing it.

Let's see how it behaves over the next day or so, I've always found CM to be a bit power hungry, both on the blade and the skate, so I'd rather be on a different rom. I do prefer the AOSP contacts from CM7 though, not keen on ZTE's app,

Nice work!

Edited by PedroVader

How are the HD games?...can the CPU be clocked any faster than CM& it currently can?

i will try and upload gameplay of

nova - (gameloft)

gangstar 2 miami - (gameloft)

dead space (EA)

all are hd games and run full speed smile.gif

Edited by tillaz

Hi Tilaz, I would love using your ROM (specially for battery life) but as you remember I have a messed up phone (see here http://android.modaco.com/topic/345973-zte-skate-unlocked-test-sample-rom-issues/page__st__60__gopid__1808170#entry1808170 )

Can you think you can make some changes so that I would be able to use the ROM too ?

Thank you !

Guest putbinoot

I use calendar pad pro which I think is just a viewer and takes it's info from android calendar, is the stock calendar still there if not can you put it in or tell me how to put it in. It's the only thing stopping me trying any roms.

remember... always do a full wipe when installing new roms. A link to how to do this or a short explanation would be nice for noobs like me.

cheers.

update, tried it and stock calendar is there, cheers seems good so far just need to find the keyboard were you just wipe your finger along to input text.

Edited by putbinoot

i will try and upload gameplay of

nova - (gameloft)

gangstar 2 miami - (gameloft)

dead space (EA)

all are hd games and run full speed smile.gif

Thanks Tillaz, also...can CM7 currently run these games or can't they?...I am unable to test because you have to pay for them games.

Guest PedroVader

Best Rom so far!!!

Fully charged at 10pm last night, battery stats reset, unplugged since then, it's had fair use on wifi & 3g since 7am this morning and still on 65%!!!

If you could put in the AOSP contacts from CM7, and isolate the long press numeric keyboard issue (numbers don't work) it'd be perfect (at least for me ;-D)

Well done fella!!