-------

Guest tillaz

Looking over those steps again,I would say on step 1 has any benefit with a stat wipe.

But after that seems a bit pointless.He says it works,then I guess it does,even if it is placebo.

Bottom line is that it does work, and it is advised to do a battery stats wipe in any ROM flash.

I have done this a few days ago(with less steps and less stats wipe) and I can see a slight difference, seems I gained about +9 or 10h(I was getting about 20h~22h, now I get about a day and a half).

Edited by D3abL3

Guest arnookie

Bottom line is that it does work, and it is advised to do a battery stats wipe in any ROM flash.

I have done this a few days ago(with less steps and less stats wipe) and I can see a slight difference, seems I gained about +9 or 10h(I was getting about 20h~22h, now I get about a day and a half).

Try these steps and you will get even better battery life. It worked on mine my wifes and my four kids phones. We have all had massive battery gains doing this. :o)

I had tried this with less steps and it gave only slight inprovemnts.

With all the steps in this it doubled our battery at least. My phone was only lasting a few hours before going flat. Now its lasted all night and day and still at 89% and I have been testing games at that.

Guest superpomme

Heya, I recently moved over to cm from bluemonte as I had some issues with the bluetooth mac being wiped that I couldnt seem to resolve. When I was on bluemonte I had it with the swiping unlock which I would like to keep - but i dont want to have to do the slide to unlock...and then the swiping the code in too - the first step seems redundant. I seem to remember (I might be wrong - im new to android) the bluemonte one doing this. Can't check that now without flashing it all again, so - am I correct with that? and if so - how do you go about setting it up that way? I can't seem to find any information on doing it that way

• 4 weeks later...
Guest JamesMcD

Hi.

I have loaded BlueMonte on my second OMC (Wife's) and its superb. However, unlike me she is on O2 pay monthly contract. It shows a number of APNs (NZ Telecom) and (O2 Pay&Go MMS) which I cannot remove/delete, they are grayed out.

Also I have added my own APN for O2 MMS which doesnt seem to work, however I am unsure if the above APNs are conflicting, which I think they might be. I just need to delete them to confirm this, but as I say, I cant delete them, they are grayed out (no circle next to them either). I can go into them and view the settings (but again,,grayed out).

Hope someone can help that has O2 contract sim in their OMC.

Thanks!

Guest JamesMcD

Hi.

I have loaded BlueMonte on my second OMC (Wife's) and its superb. However, unlike me she is on O2 pay monthly contract. It shows a number of APNs (NZ Telecom) and (O2 Pay&Go MMS) which I cannot remove/delete, they are grayed out.

Also I have added my own APN for O2 MMS which doesnt seem to work, however I am unsure if the above APNs are conflicting, which I think they might be. I just need to delete them to confirm this, but as I say, I cant delete them, they are grayed out (no circle next to them either). I can go into them and view the settings (but again,,grayed out).

Hope someone can help that has O2 contract sim in their OMC.

Thanks!

All fixed!

Wiped by installing https://market.andro...e=search_result (APN Backup & Restore) which allows for complete wipe and the added using the following settings:

Mobile Web

Name: O2 Mobile Web

APN: mobile.o2.co.uk

UserName: web

Password: web

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

APN Type: default

And Post Pay,

Name: O2 Post Pay

APN: wap.o2.co.uk

UserName: o2wap

Password: password

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Proxy: 193.113.200.195

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

APN Type: mms

All now works! - Happy New Year!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shinigami2610

Hi, i just installed your rom but i can't seem to call or anything, the dialer is not there, the market is not working, is there something i did wrong.. ?

Thank you

Hi, i just installed your rom but i can't seem to call or anything, the dialer is not there, the market is not working, is there something i did wrong.. ?

Thank you

did you do a full wipe?

also, this rom is old atomic is the new version of this

• 2 weeks later...
Guest happypaul

Hi guys,

Are many people still using this ROM? How does it compare speed wise compared to the likes of CM7 etc

I am very tempted to install this tonight when I get home...

I really wanted CM7 as I used that on my Blade for the past year and loved it, but I really need the Orange UMA Signal Boost app... and as far as I'm aware this ROM seems to be the only one that still supports that app. (if anyone knows any different, please point in my direction)

I am currently trying CM7 but I am thinking of going back to bluemonte for the same reasons. I personnaly prefer 1.8c (otherwise I loose dolby) but miss the power widget status bar so still not quite sure which one I will use.

Guest JamesMcD

My wife and I use this ROM. I upgraded both our OMCs to it in December and its superb, super stable, no issues.

Need someone to tell me why I would need to upgrade to Atomic? - what are the benefits?

Guest cyberbit

Thats a great true i have tried all roms cm7, atomic, all of then are excellent roms but dolby is a great advantage over all roms i must admit that i cannot have the some sound with others roms, doiby is really different

Guest happypaul

Installed this Rom last night. Along with the notification bar widgets (i love)

Couple of things I dont like so far... the 4G icon does my head in, I prefer the 3G 3G+ & H icons

And I want the Alarm app which came on the stock Orange Monte Carlo rom.. I liked it.

Any way to sort these out myself? :)

edit: used http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ to edit the icons :)

Edited by happypaul

The fix I found works like this. I found this through trial and error.

Step 1 Charge phone to 100% whilst in android os. Then shut down the phone and charge again for a further 1 hour.

Ignore the battery icon saying it is already fully charged just keep it charging for the full hour.

Step 2 Unplug the charger and boot clockwork By holding power and volume down untill the second vibrate.

Step 3 In clockwork go to advanced and select Wipe battery stats. Wipe battery data 3 times. (you must do this three times.)

Step 4 Then insert your charger whilst still in clockwork. Wait about 5 mins and wipe battery stats again.

Step 5 Finally unplug the charger whilst still in clockwork and then wipe battery data again.

Step 6 Press back button in clockwork twice and select restart the phone.

Thats it done. My battery has been superb since I did these steps.

Hope it helps. :0)

Arnookie, consider yourself thanked!

Can I hug you?

• 1 month later...
Guest TouchyAndalou
Which TPT you recommend for this rom?

This rom is out of date and is no longer supported. Logicmod is basically the new version of this and has many more features.

Guest TouchyAndalou
Which TPT you recommend for this rom?

This rom is out of date and is no longer supported. Logicmod is basically the new version of this and has many more features.

• 1 month later...

any one help i'm running bluemonte 1.8.d and every time i try download i get (error while downloading there is insufficient space on the device) but i have 170m system memory and 13g free on my 16g sd but i cant download anything

Guest tillaz

if you are using a 2mb cache partition this is the problem... bluemonte is very old rom and dose not support cache convert

so if using this rom you need stock cache partition (35mb, i think)

I will try that thanks and thank you for all your heard work if it wasn't for u my phone would still be the orange poo it was when I first got it PS can u send me a link your new atomic rom all I can find is bluemonte plus

• 5 months later...

I installed ROM but gives me an error :

assert failed: write_raw_image ("/tmp/boot.img","boot")

E:Error in /sdcard/Bluemonte-skate 1.8.D.zip

(Status 7)

Installation aborted.

WTF?