Fix data MIUI rom 1.9.16

Guest robertberma

Guest fknpwned

Yes the 3G/Data fix breaks WiFi, as in you have to use static ip to connect to Wifi networks.

Cheers.

Don´t need to setup static ip. Just download the app "Wifi Static" from market. It will switch automatic between static and dynamic addressing dependent on the wireless network you connect to.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.statIc&feature=search_result

Don´t need to setup static ip. Just download the app "Wifi Static" from market. It will switch automatic between static and dynamic addressing dependent on the wireless network you connect to.

https://market.andro...e=search_result

Hi fknpwned or anyone who has an answer, I do not see any instructions (able to setup for statis ip for my home netword) just curious how it knows not to use the static ip for other networks (is this dependent on access point defined)??

Edited by iggy2

Hi fknpwned or anyone who has an answer, I do not see any instructions (able to setup for statis ip for my home netword) just curious how it knows not to use the static ip for other networks (is this dependent on access point defined)??

i think u have to put the ip manually first time,eg home,work,friends....and then next time it will find automatically.

i think u have to put the ip manually first time,eg home,work,friends....and then next time it will find automatically.

Thank you JP, I am putting manually but do I remove it from the built in wifi settings and leave it in the wifi static program and also if I am not home and hit a wifi spot (say Starbucks) how does it know not to use that static ip?

Edited by iggy2

Thank you JP, I am putting manually but do I remove it from the built in wifi settings and leave it in the wifi static program and also if I am not home and hit a wifi spot (say Starbucks) how does it know not to use that static ip?

Sorry never used this app before and now i am not at home to try.i will test and report how it work.

Thanks JP, not a prob. I not going to be home for a few hours so will not be able to test, tried in cafe just now but it would not connect (also tried removing the static ip settings) so not sure how that works.

just wondering if WIFI will not work without static ip will say going to a coffee shop or wifi enable hotspot allow a user to connect with a static ip?

Thanks JP, not a prob. I not going to be home for a few hours so will not be able to test, tried in cafe just now but it would not connect (also tried removing the static ip settings) so not sure how that works.

just wondering if WIFI will not work without static ip will say going to a coffee shop or wifi enable hotspot allow a user to connect with a static ip?

i tried this app but i think it is useless.

if u don't know the ip than u cannot connect.

i will search maybe i can find something handy :)