Samsung Galaxy S II XXKL1 (Gingerbread v2.3.6) ROM.
This is a DEVELOPMENT ROM provided by Samsung.
Build Date: Tue Dec 6 05:34:13 KST 2011
This also includes an expanded power menu (see image below).
You can get the XXKL1 ROM from here: XXKL1-Wipe.zip
Alternate (Hotfile) : XXKL1-Wipe.zip
Alternate #2 (dropbox) : XXKL1-Wipe.zip
- does NOT include sbl (Samsung Boot Loader)
- no power menu title (except when using QuickPanel buttons)
- no power off confirm dialog (except when using QuickPanel buttons)
- reboot, recovery & download options added
- system/app & system/framework files deodexed & zipaligned
- removed leading zero on lockscreen clock if in 12-hour mode
- added 14-button quickpanel - right/left scrollable (Thanks to Lidroid @ xda-developers.com)
- replaced Samsung bootanimation with a NEW one (see for yourself)
- added CRT effect
- Siyah Kernel v2.3 - includes root and CWM 220.127.116.11 (includes option to backup to external SD card - under backup menu)
- updated busybox to v1.19.3
- updated Superuser to v3.0.6
- updated su to v3.0.3
- no apps have been removed - left it stock
- updated Market app to v3.3.11
- added AppWidgetPicker-1.2.3.apk to help manage widgets (Thanks to stevenz@modaco)
- added Titanium Backup v18.104.22.168 (free version)
- added some tweaks to build.prop
- added QuickPanelSettings.apk to modify quick panels - allows you to set which quick panel buttons show, the order of the quick panel buttons. Holding a quick panel button (long press) takes you to the buttons menu.
- added new ringtones, including some from ICS
- NOTE: This is a development ROM that is released by Samsung. It includes a Dev Tools app.
If you want the stock Samsung bootanimation, delete /system/media/bootanimation.zip.
If you want to replace the android bootanimation, copy a new bootanimation.zip to /data/local or /system/media.
Many, many thanks to: [email protected]
, [email protected]
, sicopat, gokhanmoral@xda-developers. If I missed anyone, pm me so I can add your name.PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING.This IS a FULL-WIPE complete ROM.Assumes you have ClockworkMod on your phone.
3 downloadsMAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU START IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. VERY IMPORTANT!BACKUP YOUR DATA AS THIS IS A FULL-WIPE ROM.
1. Download the XXKL1-Wipe.zip (This is a CWM version - requires Clockwork Mod to install)
2. copy the XXKL1-Wipe.zip file to your sdcard (you can use adb do do this)
3. reboot your phone into recovery (CWM recovery)
4. install using CWM recovery
5. when finished reboot phone
6. skip signing in to Google and go to home screen
7. reboot into recovery
8. do a factory reset
After the reboot it could take 2-3 minutes for the phone to completely boot as it has to refresh the dalvik cache. Have some patience at this point.
If the phone won't get past the android bootanimation, power the phone off (hold the powere button til it goes off) and power back up.
NOTE: You should always do a factory reset after flashing or installing a new rom. You can do this from recovery. Having said that, if you decide to do a factory reset you will lose the QuickPanelSettings.apk and the Nexus Prime bootanimation. You need to do this if haptic feedback does not work. Do this BEFORE restoring your old data.
If you have issues with the KL1 Modem, use the attached CWM-Flashable zipfile to install the BOKJ1 Modem.
Please provide feedback as I have done extensive testing with this and have had no problems.