2.3.7 update from Google released

Guest Kinglion3494

Guest Kinglion3494

Yup guys the newest update has been released. I honestly didnt even know there was a 2.3.6 but you know. But im working on porting the update via custom Rom for the x10. I'll let you guys know my progress. Its my first attempt to port a Rom. (this should be fun) lol Update. No longer porting the Rom. It has already been ported so if ya'll want I'll just mod that one

Edited by Kinglion3494

Guest glim9981

Yup guys the newest update has been released. I honestly didnt even know there was a 2.3.6 but you know. But im working on porting the update via custom Rom for the x10. I'll let you guys know my progress. Its my first attempt to port a Rom. (this should be fun) lol

Thanks...can you provide the changelog of 2.3.7?

Hope to see your 2.3.7 custom ROM here soon..

Thanks...can you provide the changelog of 2.3.7?

Hope to see your 2.3.7 custom ROM here soon..

''Google has launched the Android 2.3.7 update, which upgrades your phone's firmware from GRJ90 to GWK74. You may get the notification asking you to update or you can go to Settings > About phone > System updates to see if you have got any update waiting for you.Do note that this update is only available to Nexus S 4G users as the Google Wallet service is available exclusively on Sprint. International users of the Nexus S may find themselves stuck on the same old version 2.3.4 for now.''

So it makes paying from your phone possible and that's about it I think.

Not really worth it to try porting this since this is real money we are talking about and messing this up might get you into some serious problems.

I'm not sure why but the most popular versions of Gingerbread are 2.3.3 and 2.3.5.

Anyways, good luck whatever you're going to do,

~Blaven

Guest Kinglion3494

''Google has launched the Android 2.3.7 update, which upgrades your phone's firmware from GRJ90 to GWK74. You may get the notification asking you to update or you can go to Settings > About phone > System updates to see if you have got any update waiting for you.Do note that this update is only available to Nexus S 4G users as the Google Wallet service is available exclusively on Sprint. International users of the Nexus S may find themselves stuck on the same old version 2.3.4 for now.''

Not really worth it to try porting this since this is real money we are talking about and messing this up might get you into some serious problems.

I'm not sure why but the most popular versions of Gingerbread are 2.3.3 and 2.3.5.

~Blaven

You do make a valid point. But there are just so many 2.3.5 Roms. I want to go ahead and get the latest things

You do make a valid point. But there are just so many 2.3.5 Roms. I want to go ahead and get the latest things

yes it is so many 2.3.5 ROM- s, but the thing is here(just look around forum) next: The people dont care is that x.x.5,6 or 7 version ROM, all they won is in first place stable rom and second smooth and fast rom. And with newest versions coming and new bugs and that is just time wasting. I suggest, keep your work on 2.3.5 rom.

yes it is so many 2.3.5 ROM- s, but the thing is here(just look around forum) next: The people dont care is that x.x.5,6 or 7 version ROM, all they won is in first place stable rom and second smooth and fast rom. And with newest versions coming and new bugs and that is just time wasting. I suggest, keep your work on 2.3.5 rom.

Umm, isn't his ROM the stock SE 2.3.3 tweaked and optimized?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

~Blaven

Umm, isn't his ROM the stock SE 2.3.3 tweaked and optimized?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

~Blaven

yes it is, but i try to say if he won work on something newest, let that be 2.3.5 not 2.3.7.

my bad english, i apologise...

Guest Kinglion3494

yes it is, but i try to say if he won work on something newest, let that be 2.3.5 not 2.3.7.

my bad english, i apologise...

I'll go to 2.3.5 if this project doesnt work out. But I have to try. Our x10s deserve the very best.

Guest four2theizz0

~Blaven

Also would like to mention that it makes use of NFC(Near Field Communication)....not even possible with our phones :(

However, I'm sure they have made more improvements to the software and I will be trying this when it comes out :D

Guest norigkgp1

Stable of course, smooth and fast, but at the same level you'd place battery live :) P.D. Keep up the good work dude.

Edited by norigkgp1

thanks for trying to bring 2.3.7 for x10 but does anyone feel any difference between 2.3.3 and 2.3.5 ?? :D

we will be much appreciate if u could port the latest MIUI

Edited by jpminou

Guest Kinglion3494

thanks for trying to bring 2.3.7 for x10 but does anyone feel any difference between 2.3.3 and 2.3.5 ??

we will be much appreciate if u could port the latest MIUI

No problem. Guys I only have time on weekends to make Roms so project will be continued next Friday

No problem. Guys I only have time on weekends to make Roms so project will be continued next Friday

Okay mate, take your time, posted on the ROM thread that I wanted to make myself useful and help you out with something.

You can choose wether you want me to help or not and what I can help you with.

I might be able to work on it in the week aswell, since I'm the top off the class because I Photoshop and edit in my free time. (I'm doing Graphical Media in school.)

Will be awaiting your decision,

~Blaven

Guest Kinglion3494

Okay mate, take your time, posted on the ROM thread that I wanted to make myself useful and help you out with something.

You can choose wether you want me to help or not and what I can help you with.

I might be able to work on it in the week aswell, since I'm the top off the class because I Photoshop and edit in my free time. (I'm doing Graphical Media in school.)

Will be awaiting your decision,

~Blaven

Yeah u can help. Just go to the nexus s 4g thread and download the 2.3.7 Rom. Then on xda there is a guide on how to make a flashable zip by doomlord in the development section. It teaches you how to do all the stuff to make a rom

Yeah u can help. Just go to the nexus s 4g thread and download the 2.3.7 Rom. Then on xda there is a guide on how to make a flashable zip by doomlord in the development section. It teaches you how to do all the stuff to make a rom

Hmm.. Seems like there is no MIUI on 2.3.7 yet, so that's why everybody is using 2.3.5.

2.3.7 is actually only a wallet app, so I guess you should focus on getting 2.3.5 with MIUI first.

These are just my thoughts though, me myself will try to gather information and learn more about ROMs and then try to get a stable 2.3.5 MIUI ROM.

Anyways, would like to hear your thoughts about this, and we might be able to work together, since a team is better than one person.

If we were to team up, we would be the first X10 team (I think) and that would be great, since on other devices there are already teams and they make the best ROMs.

This might turn out interesting, so cheers mate, wonder what you think about this.

~Blaven