Best screen protector for samsung galaxy s2

Guest Androidlover287

WHY on earth would you want or need a screen protector when it has gorilla glass?

Gorilla Glass is an unscratchable, unshatterable material used as a protective window for your mobile phone, PMP, or laptop display.

Guest Androidlover287

WHY on earth would you want or need a screen protector when it has gorilla glass?

I really just want added protection against scratches and smudges as it is a £400+ phone, and the warranty is void with MCR. (It always is void with rooting)

Guest kayceejayh

it may be strong glass, but why risk it. they still smash and scratch

With the Gorilla glass scratches are less likely, and to be fair a thin sheet of plastic ain't gonna stop the screen from smashing if dropped. I do tend to agree screen protectors on Gorilla Glass are a bit of an over kill. It's all about the case (buttery biscuit case) ;)

K

Guest CoolCheese

Martin Fields are nice if a little pricey, though they are the only ones I've seen that come with a protector for the camera.

Personally, I'd recommend the SGP steinheil ones. Don't take too long and decent price from exportprive. Pick your poison, crystal clear, extra tough or anti glare. Perfect fit and top quality.

Guest eddcase

I've used Zagg Invisishield on both My Nexus One and my Galaxy S2, while good the do leave fingerprints and smears whilst in use, However I have just put the official screen protector from Samsung on my phone and it makes a world of difference I cannot recommend them enough, feels like they are not even there and went on without too much hassle.

I got mine from here

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-galaxy-s2-screen-protector-twin-pack-p30505.htm

hope it helps

Edd

Guest zzleezz

Gorilla Glass is an unscratchable, unshatterable material used as a protective window for your mobile phone, PMP, or laptop display.

I googled that statement, seems a lot of people have cut and paste that around the internet. Doesnt mean its true.

Gorilla Glass is NOT unscratchable - its scratch resistant. Keys and other soft metals like coins that are not as hard as GG will not scratch it. Sand on the other hand WILL scratch it. Now the list of things that are harder than GG is admittedly not that long but the fact that sand is something many people come into contact with quite often makes using a screen protector a sensible thing to do. Oh, and its not unshatterable either, try searching on youtube for demos of this....

The naked screen is indeed the best surface to use, any screen protector is not going to be as nice as the bare screen. If you want to compromise and protect your screen I would also suggest as a previous poster said the SGP line of screen protectors, I use the SGP Ultra Olly, very close to the feel of the naked screen and really easy to fit. Search for Export Prive and order from them, well worth it.

Guest petermgates

My advice is to avoid Martin Fields - I sent two back because they got a strange scorch mark from the heat generated when charging. Best I've used is the Brando Ultra Clear.