This also includes an expanded power menu (see image below).
You can get the deodexed XXKI3 files from here: KI3 Files
This is for people who want deodexed files but want to keep their stock look and feel.
- no power menu title
- no power off confirm dialog
- reboot, recovery & download options added
- system/app & system/framework files deodexed
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING IN THIS POST BEFORE INSTALLING.
This is NOT a complete ROM.
Assumes you have rooted your phone.
SC20110923-134011.png 115.91KB 5 downloads
MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU START IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. VERY IMPORTANT!
1. Download the XXKI3 ki3update.zip file (This is a CWM version - requires Clockwork Mod to install)
2. copy the ki3update.zip file to your sdcard (you can use adb do do this)
3. reboot your phone into recovery (CWM recovery)
4. install using CWM recovery
5. when finished reboot phone
After the reboot it could take 2-3 minutes for the phone to completely boot as it has to refresh the dalvik cache. Have some patience at this point.
Please provide feedback as I have done extensive testing with this and have had no problems.
Edit: For those of you who do not want the sound-off and vibrate-on icons to both show in the status bar, here is a stock, deodexed SystemUI.apk with ONLY the vibrate-on icon showing (see pic). The apk goes in /system/app.
SC20110926-161636.png 50.23KB 1 downloads
SystemUI.zip 182.3KB 9 downloads
For those of you who want a 6-button quickpanel (thanks to [email protected] for how to do it) plus the above sound-off fix, download the following SystemUI.apk file and place it in /system/app. As always, make sure you backup your original SystemUI.apk in case something goes wrong.
This is a deodexed SystemUI.apk.
SC20110927-164016.png 288.16KB 1 downloads
SystemUI.zip 229.46KB 9 downloads
Edited by Gary Crutcher, 02 October 2011 - 11:04 AM.