Porting MIUI to a CM7 Base Rom.

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

This is also posted on XDA for maximum attention :)

The reason i would like to port MIUI to a CM7 base is simple,

1. MIUI is based on CM7 for every official device.

2. I think it could be a possible solution to the data disconnect issues.

Me and Luka have tried numerous times to port to around 3 different CM7 roms and ran into issues. We have got as far as the boot animation...it does not loop it only gets stuck.

We have followed Spaarcs guide and also the thread at modaco by rdannar with no luck at all even cross referencing to make sure we get all files mentioned.

One the stuck boot logo i run ddms and the output has something which i believe is the reason it gets stuck...

E/SocketListener( 1314): Obtaining file descriptor socket 'dnsproxyd' failed: No such file or directory

E/Netd ( 1314): Unable to start DnsProxyListener (No such file or directory)

I have googled this error of course and only came across some obscure Honeycomb SDK port with this problem that didn't seem to get a solution...

This thread is really just for anyones input or help. Please try to stick to the point of the thread...

This is also posted on XDA for maximum attention :)

This thread is really just for anyones input or help. Please try to stick to the point of the thread...

I think you should ask at XDA, the community at modaco is a bit smaller so I think you won't expect a lot useful reactions,,, good luck!

Have a nice day,

~Blaven