[KERNEL] TripNKernel -ALPHA- R02 | First 2.6.38.8 kernel for Pyramid!

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

semctriplogo.jpg

TripNDroid Mobile Engineering is proud to present you a new project. "TripNKernel"

The kernel will eventually (in beta stage) receive an official TripNDroid Mobile Eng. name, for now this is the name to go with.

This project aims to deliver different kernels for anybody who likes to use it. Also all roms released under this name will include always the latest kernel that matches the rom.

This topic is an discussion/development topic. I will post all my work here, things i do and things i dont. Everything about the kernels you can find here. Please keep the kernel discussion out of the rom topics and place them here. Rom issues are stil expected in the comparising rom topic. If you would like to see somethings in the kernel please post them (DECENTLY) and i will look at it.

Kernel status:

- CPU OC 1,4GHz

- Optimised source code

- GPU drivers tweaked

- Tiny OC on GPU

- UV for the full range of voltages

- UV wifi

1,4Ghz runs on lower voltage then stock runs on 1,2GHz :)

- Optimised audio drivers

- New networking drivers

- System performance boosters

- HTC bugs fixed

- More.. but i forgot lol

Kernel version 2.6.35.10 and based on HTC sources. Kernel version will be updated later.

Remember that this is the first kernel i created ever so there will be bugs i guess. I'm still learning alot. I started to work with Android and Linux in january of this year therefore always and only Windows (not mobile)

Dont expect faux or CyanogenMod quality please. Help me to fix things.

2.6.35.14_TripNKernel-g46f1a2a-dirty:

https://rapidshare.c...f1a2a-dirty.zip

Edited by TripNRaVeR

Guest Alphawolf36

Just flashed now, will start testing! Thanks Trip!!

Edit: GPS works great, camera flash works, market works, wifi working (will see if it did same thing as before with dropping connection after a while, but it connects just fine) speed is hard to judge due to having no lag on your last kernal so fast is fast :) , will ask my bro to send me a mms. But all looks great so far man!

Using wifi... slow up is my network.

Test Date: Sep 28, 2011 5:36:57 pm Connection Type: Wifi Server: New York, NY Download: 17261 kbps Upload: 544 kbps Ping: 22 ms External IP: 24.90.203.5 Internal IP: 192.168.1.6 Latitude: 40.66117 Longitude: -73.99281 A detailed image for this result can be found here: http://www.speedtest...id/88204941.png Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With millions of tests performed every day across hundreds of servers, Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Edited by Alphawolf36

Guest TripNRaVeR

WiFi doesn't seem to connect at all using this Kernel. could just be me though.

Lol i forgot! If you didnt flash the previous kernel then wifi bricked :lol: Didnt include the needed files, so flash the kernel from the MIUI topic first and then this to fix.

Guest Alphawolf36

Run some Quadrant test and see the result after second or third run and comparing it with previous versions. Also be sure to check the FPS.

Quadrants:

Third run:

2d 45-54fps

globe 85fps

Forth run:

same fps

CF-Bench: (only did 2 cause i am impatient, and takes alot longer then Quad) According to CF, stock sensation is 5174, so that is a 20% increase in performance! I like it bro!

First run:

Overall score 5965

Second run:

Overall score 6089

Edited by Alphawolf36

Guest petar.bgd

Run some Quadrant test and see the result after second or third run and comparing it with previous versions. Also be sure to check the FPS.

Hi Trip,

everything works like a charm for now.Quadrant scores almost 3000, with b7 2750.

Guest Dexterv2

Lol i forgot! If you didnt flash the previous kernel then wifi bricked :lol: Didnt include the needed files, so flash the kernel from the MIUI topic first and then this to fix.

Lol okay I must be screwing something up lol I flashed the newest MIUI build plus the kernel from that topic, then this kernel and still wifi won't connect.

Guest Alphawolf36

Lol okay I must be screwing something up lol I flashed the newest MIUI build plus the kernel from that topic, then this kernel and still wifi won't connect.

Wipe devik, then fix permissions. See if that works

Guest Alphawolf36

Looks like the wifi connection dropping is gone! It used to be after about 15-20 of idle, it would drop connection. But all is still connected and running well.

Guest Raycaster3

Ok some first impressions after about 25 min....

I don't have any wifi and/or service issues. It seems very fluid and a bit snappier than the stock kernel. I went ahead and did a full wipe fresh install of miui 0008B booted that up setup wifi and google etc and downloaded titanium backup from the market then restored a cpl apps. I did that so as to compare the stock, B7, and B10 versions to each other all in a row. Next I flashed B7 as per trip's recommendation. I noticed a pronounced pick up in snappiness and response. Wifi still fine tb restored a cpl apps flash worked gps etc. Finally, I flashed B10 and it is definitely the fastest of the three. I then decided to do a batch restore of the rest of my apps (like 65). It then hung there about halfway through the restore (53% to be exact) so I terminated the restore and went to do it individually and it also hung up. I'm going to reboot and see what happens. I haven't had a chance to restore system tuner nor faux clock unfortunately so I'll report on that after reboot.

Seriously Trip I'm impressed. Your learning curve is more like a straight line! You can do whatever you want with a phone obviously. Nice job!

Be back in a min.

UPDATE: titanium backup worked fine after a reboot. All apps restored. Gonna test system tuner and faux clock to see which, if either, is better for us

UPDATE2: SYSTEM TUNER works well for underclocking. It sticks and is doing well. I uc'd sown to 1.17 and you can tell a difference in speed but it is still snappy. Undervolting option not available, but doesn't the kernel come pre-undervolted?

*** Something else I noticed, but actually prefer, is wallpaper scrolling no longer seems to work. I've changed wallpaper a couple times and it is still the same. I know there is no longer the.option to.disable/enable that feature native to miui. Just thought I'd report.

*****The "no scroll" was remedied by restoring my desktop data saved from my setup of 008B that I backed up before doing a fresh install for kernel testing****

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest Raycaster3

Another 30 min and all is well. System tuner is doing a great job with if and it's lively and fully functional obviously at 1.17.

It would be cool to have the ability to undervolt up to -100mV. I know for a fact my device can run all day at 1.79ghz undervolted -100mV all day long andv be smooth as butter. I don't really want to push it like that. I think 1.17ghz and -100mV is a killer setup for speed and battery life.

Great job on this kernel though trip. You could stop here and it would still be perfect!

Update on the wallpaper scrolling. It seems to be hit and miss but more often miss. Again I'm happy with it that way but I don't think that was the plan.

Edited by Raycaster3

Guest sonnguyen10123

why on this kernel from the op "b10_2.6.35-v050" the camera flash doesnt work? and the one you posted up in the miui thread works? refering to " B10 V047. whys that? isnt this a updated one of it?

Guest Raycaster3

why on this kernel from the op "b10_2.6.35-v050" the camera flash doesnt work? and the one you posted up in the miui thread works? refering to " B10 V047. whys that? isnt this a updated one of it?

I'm running the kernel from the op and the flash works fine for me. Did you flash the B7 model from the miui thread before this one?

Guest sonnguyen10123

I'm running the kernel from the op and the flash works fine for me. Did you flash the B7 model from the miui thread before this one?

yeh. i was on b7 one before i flashed the b10. or, could it be that my battery is at 10%?

Guest sonnguyen10123

Another 30 min and all is well. System tuner is doing a great job with if and it's lively and fully functional obviously at 1.17.

It would be cool to have the ability to undervolt up to -100mV. I know for a fact my device can run all day at 1.79ghz undervolted -100mV all day long andv be smooth as butter. I don't really want to push it like that. I think 1.17ghz and -100mV is a killer setup for speed and battery life.

Great job on this kernel though trip. You could stop here and it would still be perfect!

Update on the wallpaper scrolling. It seems to be hit and miss but more often miss. Again I'm happy with it that way but I don't think that was the plan.

hey raycaster3, for the top bar of cpu, i have it at 1.17ghz as you hav it too. and what about the bottom one and do you have it as ondemand or another option?? what do i set it as? and you know any other tweaks to improve battery life?

Edited by sonnguyen10123

Guest Raycaster3

hey raycaster3, for the top bar of cpu, i have it at 1.17ghz as you hav it too. and what about the bottom one and do you have it as ondemand or another option?? what do i set it as? and you know any other tweaks to improve battery life?

I set the governor at ondemand because that is the best in so far for dual core. Performance keeps the cpus at the max at all times. The bottom value I set as low as it can go.

Other tips as far as that stuff goes is setting a diff clock speed for screen off like max364/min178 or whatever the lowest value is (I forgot what it is). Trip already undervolted for us so there isn't much else I do. I mean you could change your push notifications and tinker with firewall etc and maybe freeze maps with tb or system tuner and defrost when needed that app can use up some battery. I'm sure there's more but not that I mess with.

I just tried the faux clock app and it doesn't work with this kernel whicjnis fine since system tuner has tons more features. I've been messing with the all and it's like setcpu, incredicontrol, terminal emulator, and titanium backup all I'm the same place, oh yeah and appmonster too!

Kernel is doing great. If anyone cares this is my complete setup:

Governor: ondemand

Max freq: 1.17

Min freq: 178

Screen off max: 278

Screen off in call: 778

Running smooth as silk. I'll post a cpl benches at this setup just for fun but if they aren't as high as we all hoped I don't care. I know my phone is fast as hell anyways!

With the setup up top I got an avg of 2600 with four tests

Fully oc'd I got consistent 3600.

Not bad at all considering when I had it oc'd to 1.79 last night on cm7 with faux kernel I got around the same(3650-3750)

Edited by Raycaster3