Photo

[KERNEL] TripNKernel -ALPHA- R02 | First 2.6.38.8 kernel for Pyramid!

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Louis Santos

Louis Santos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

I don't understand.... max freq is 178 stock for this kernel? And I can't believe our phones can handle -200mv that's some magic. Until recently if I tried to uv past 62.5 my phone would reboot so -200 is a big jump. How did you do it? Or maybe I'm not understanding something.... it doesn't really matter though :D
I thought your reg kernel was like 1.18or something max?
Either way it's working well. Nice job for you first go at kernel dev!

I'm pretty sure he's saying that screen off max by default is 178, by you setting it to the frequency higher your actually overclocking your screen off frequencies from default.

Alphawolf36

Alphawolf36

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Devices:HTC Sensation

It keeps saying obtaining. But wont connect. I'm not the only one with this problem

Sent from my TripNMiUI Pyramid using Tapatalk

Did you wipe devlik and fix permissions after flashing kernal. Cause i have been running it since release and have been on wifi almost whole time without issue. I even used 2 different wifi networks, both connected just fine.

Edit: Make sure you went in correct flashing order too, you need to flash the kernal from the main topic then this one.

Edited by Alphawolf36, 29 September 2011 - 04:50 PM.

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Devices:htc sensation
  • Twitter:@raycaster3

about 1250 is stock i tought, i put it on 1000 i will check the exact values to be sure

That's cool. So when we're talking about undervolting did you mean -200mV total? Like -10 from this freq and -10 from another? Or was it across the board? Like -40mV at every freq level? Or I think there is a command to check voltages I'll find and post it.
Dang I can't find it! Oh well anyone know it?
Edit: can't find it because it's not there...
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels does not exist.
I don't think that info is like required or anything, just wanted to check it out. To see what the voltage is for each frequency.

Edited by Raycaster3, 29 September 2011 - 05:35 PM.

Posted Image

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

I'm pretty sure he's saying that screen off max by default is 178, by you setting it to the frequency higher your actually overclocking your screen off frequencies from default.

If that's the case then the gov would be smartass not ondemand since there is a screen off profile. Unless I don't understand it the way I think I do...

Posted Image

Louis Santos

Louis Santos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

If that's the case then the gov would be smartass not ondemand since there is a screen off profile. Unless I don't understand it the way I think I do...

Lol Well I'm honestly not sure of the ins and outs of oc/uc/uv but I think you can have on-demand governor and still set the screen off frequencies to what ever you like with system tuner as long as the Kernal allows for UC. Therefore screen off the kernal tells the cpu to drop its freq to 178 then once screen comes on, on demand governor takes over. Am I wrong?

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Sensation

Did you wipe devlik and fix permissions after flashing kernal. Cause i have been running it since release and have been on wifi almost whole time without issue. I even used 2 different wifi networks, both connected just fine.

Edit: Make sure you went in correct flashing order too, you need to flash the kernal from the main topic then this one.

I only wiped cache. My fault prob. Will test when I get home. Gunna reflash noe
Sent from my TripNMiUI Pyramid using Tapatalk

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Lol Well I'm honestly not sure of the ins and outs of oc/uc/uv but I think you can have on-demand governor and still set the screen off frequencies to what ever you like with system tuner as long as the Kernal allows for UC. Therefore screen off the kernal tells the cpu to drop its freq to 178 then once screen comes on, on demand governor takes over. Am I wrong?

You're right if you use system tuner to set a screen off profile then it will only allow that freq when screen off. Otherwise it stays as ondemand and operates as if screen on
That's exactly what I did. But if the kernel does it automatically then it has to be either smartass gov or some sort of modded ondemand. It doesn't matter to me if I have to set a profile or of it does it automatically. Either I do it or gonna does it.
I also just wanted to throw out there that I don't think battery life is what the stock rom usually is. I could be wrong but it seems to drain a bit faster.
Those audio optomizations you threw in there trip really make a difference. Super loud louder than its ever been through headphones.

Edited by Raycaster3, 29 September 2011 - 06:04 PM.

Posted Image

Louis Santos

Louis Santos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

You're right if you use system tuner to set a screen off profile then it will only allow that freq when screen off. Otherwise it stays as ondemand and operates as if screen on
That's exactly what I did. But if the kernel does it automatically then it has to be either smartass gov or some sort of modded ondemand. It doesn't matter to me if I have to set a profile or of it does it automatically. Either I do it or gonna does it.
I also just wanted to throw out there that I don't think battery life is what the stock rom usually is. I could be wrong but it seems to drain a bit faster.
Those audio optomizations you threw in there trip really make a difference. Super loud louder than its ever been through headphones.

OO! I understand what you are saying now. and Yes I have to agree with you on the battery drain, I set screen off profile in system tuner even tho kernal is stocked to uc, batery life is a little better now.

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

OO! I understand what you are saying now. and Yes I have to agree with you on the battery drain, I set screen off profile in system tuner even tho kernal is stocked to uc, batery life is a little better now.

Yeah me too. I set it to 178 like trip was saying. Have you noticed a volume boost with music? I have noticed a big boost. Crazy! Louder than ever before. I literally can't turn it all the way up where before I was trying to gonjogher than max to get where I like to be.

Posted Image

Louis Santos

Louis Santos

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Yeah me too. I set it to 178 like trip was saying. Have you noticed a volume boost with music? I have noticed a big boost. Crazy! Louder than ever before. I literally can't turn it all the way up where before I was trying to gonjogher than max to get where I like to be.

Oh yeah, and the bass definition is awesome with even my cheap headphones that I use. Greatly improved sound.

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
trip, if you could put flash for camera to be used until 15% instead of 30% it would be cool.

also, wifi wont connect on b10.

steps i installed.
flashed b7 from the tripnmiui thread
botted up and wifi worked,
flashed v10 from this thread. wiped cache, dalvik, and fix permissions and it doesnt work. did i do anything wrong?

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

trip, if you could put flash for camera to be used until 15% instead of 30% it would be cool.

also, wifi wont connect on b10.

steps i installed.
flashed b7 from the tripnmiui thread
botted up and wifi worked,
flashed v10 from this thread. wiped cache, dalvik, and fix permissions and it doesnt work. did i do anything wrong?

+1 on the flash thing but the wifi problem must be something else. I've not had omega problem with it. It connects super fast and stays connected.

Posted Image

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

+1 on the flash thing but the wifi problem must be something else. I've not had omega problem with it. It connects super fast and stays connected.

there is something weird. i rebooted my modem. adn i turn on wifi and it works. but i turn it off and try again it wont work. and my phone is literally near the modem. whats wrong?

also, once offed. i gotta wait a while for to turn wifi back on and have a successful connection. whats wrong? its not the modem or my phone. cuz it worked before the tripnkernels

Edited by sonnguyen10123, 29 September 2011 - 11:40 PM.

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

there is something weird. i rebooted my modem. adn i turn on wifi and it works. but i turn it off and try again it wont work. and my phone is literally near the modem. whats wrong?

also, once offed. i gotta wait a while for to turn wifi back on and have a successful connection. whats wrong? its not the modem or my phone. cuz it worked before the tripnkernels

Dang wish I knew but this was my install order

Super wipe
Flash 0008B
Reboot
Load a cpl apps connect to wifi
Reboot recovery

Wipe cache and dalvik
Flash b7 kernel
Reboot
Load a few more apps
Stay connected to wifi

Reboot recovery
Wipe cache and dalvik
Flash b10 kernel
Reboot
Still connected to wifi
Restore the rest of my apps

Idk maybe because of the process?

Posted Image

sonnguyen10123

sonnguyen10123

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Dang wish I knew but this was my install order

Super wipe
Flash 0008B
Reboot
Load a cpl apps connect to wifi
Reboot recovery

Wipe cache and dalvik
Flash b7 kernel
Reboot
Load a few more apps
Stay connected to wifi

Reboot recovery
Wipe cache and dalvik
Flash b10 kernel
Reboot
Still connected to wifi
Restore the rest of my apps

Idk maybe because of the process?

ok, im about to reflash using ur whole process. thanks. ill report back.

edit: ok it works now. i followed your steps. thanks!!!

Edited by sonnguyen10123, 30 September 2011 - 01:47 AM.

Raycaster3

Raycaster3

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

ok, im about to reflash using ur whole process. thanks. ill report back.

edit: ok it works now. i followed your steps. thanks!!!

Cool. Glad to help my friend

Posted Image

Docmjldds

Docmjldds

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Devices:TMobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989

Cool. Glad to help my friend

This fixed for him, because, initially when it wasn't working for him, he was told to wipe dalvick, and cache, then fix permissions. IOW he was told to try this AFTER he flashed the updated kernel. The wipes need to be as was in your last to him....BEFORE the kernel flash. We used to do this all the time on my Nexus one with some kernel cookers who absolutely requested to wipe BOTH caches from recovery, then flash. I don't think the file permissions fix is really needed. I'm about to update from the 047 I have running now. Plus I want to see if this keeps WiFi calling working. I have the fix, but waiting to hear back from Trip how he would like to proceed on this, so as to preserve the integrity of the ROM and his work, including TAPS etc.

Edit: OK..verified. I wiped cache and dalavik cache from recovery, then flashed the 50 kernel update over my prior clean installed TripNMiUI_S008B.1.9.23-TripNRaVeR.zip. Wifi as well as WiFi calling came up perfectly on reboot. No issues. I haven't played around yet with system tuner. So now gotta go back and look for all your choices of configurations to run for best performance/battery life etc.. Darn...I meant to run the Quadrant tests just to get a reference and forgot :(
I guess I could go backwards, but ....nah :)

Edited by Docmjldds, 30 September 2011 - 10:20 AM.

TripNRaVeR

TripNRaVeR

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,561 posts
  • Devices:X10, Pyra, HOX
  • Twitter:@TripNRaVeR
Maybe TAPS will be modulair.

Posted Image
if you like my work, please buy me an ice cold beer :)

Docmjldds

Docmjldds

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Devices:TMobile Galaxy S2 SGH-T989

Maybe TAPS will be modulair.

:)
Anyways...here's a third run quadrant score with the kernel update. I have not installed any OC tool. This is running as installed with no tweaks.Attached File  1317379188452.jpg   23.53KB   12 downloads

audiophile

audiophile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Devices:htc sensation, g2

:)
Anyways...here's a third run quadrant score with the kernel update. I have not installed any OC tool. This is running as installed with no tweaks.Attached File  1317379188452.jpg   23.53KB   12 downloads

I'm getting more around 2600 in quadrant everytime with latest kernal without any changed kernal settings, but that might be due to my setup and all thralls Iv installed or something (even though I use app manager and check for rogue services before benchmark.)

But I know benchmarks arnt as important as real life performance and it runs awesome. Smooth with no lag. It does get really hot really fast without charging or wifi on and even without gaming. Just checking internet heats it. But I believe this is an issue with the hardware not kernal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users