Best STABLE, working, hassle free ROM for the OMC?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

I'm new to all this Monte Carlo business, but more than capable of myriad command line guru tasks... but I want to know, from the horse's mouth, which of the many ROMs on modaco, is the most successful, reliable, complete and stable one, to replace the ghastly stock Orange ROM?

I wish to use Google+ app, and fake the front camera presence, in order to run seamlessly, please.

If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it indeed.

Many thanks

Guest PedroVader

I'm new to all this Monte Carlo business, but more than capable of myriad command line guru tasks... but I want to know, from the horse's mouth, which of the many ROMs on modaco, is the most successful, reliable, complete and stable one, to replace the ghastly stock Orange ROM?

I wish to use Google+ app, and fake the front camera presence, in order to run seamlessly, please.

If you can help, I'd greatly appreciate it indeed.

Many thanks

Blue Monte is my weapon of choice, great battery life, does what it's meant to.

Google + works fine, but it's big, still not able to transfer fully to SD, although it works fine with link2sd once you've set that up. not sure about faking front camera..whats all that about?

Pete

Guest glossywhite

Google + works fine, but it's big, still not able to transfer fully to SD, although it works fine with link2sd once you've set that up. not sure about faking front camera..whats all that about?

Pete

Faking front camera, to allow Google plus to enable video for hangouts. Otherwise, there's no video for hangouts option. Does Blue Monte allow video for Google+ & Skype?

Thanks

Guest tillaz

still not able to transfer fully to SD,

Pete

this is a problem with gingerbread / android its the same on all roms unfortunately

its big but when installed has the most free internal memory (130mb) as its not odexed for that reason smile.gif

i have just uploaded v1.6

Guest glossywhite

this is a problem with gingerbread / android its the same on all roms unfortunately

its big but when installed has the most free internal memory (130mb) as its not odexed for that reason smile.gif

i have just uploaded v1.6

I'm not fussed about app size, I just want camera and support and flash to work.

Guest PedroVader

Faking front camera, to allow Google plus to enable video for hangouts. Otherwise, there's no video for hangouts option. Does Blue Monte allow video for Google+ & Skype?

Thanks

Never had the need to try that, maybe Tillaz can expand on that one..

Guest tillaz

Never had the need to try that, maybe Tillaz can expand on that one..

it works with fring so it should do, my advice would be to just try them all & see witch you like best, think there's only 3 or 4

Edited by tillaz