Phone storage space

Guest Sean__D

Guest Sean__D

Apparently I'm running low on phone storage space, according to my notifications! I didn't think I had downloaded that many apps, only half-a-dozen. I've tried using Task Manager to move as many as possible to the SD card, but for some of the apps, like Maps, that option seems to be disabled:-(

Anyone have any suggestions please, how to recover some space on the phone, and how to change the settings to use the sd card by default? Thanks

Guest PedroVader

For now, you could go for Tillaz's Bluemonte Rom, it has link2sd so if your SD card is set up right, you can move pretty much everything over to the card.

Are you on an Orange version or Stock unbounded Skate?

Guest Sean__D

I'm on Orange, managed to get it rooted but wasn't sure about putting a whole new rom on, so I just used the App manager to remove some of the orange rubbish. Maybe I could use link2sd with root, 'cause putting a new rom on at this stage would mean trying to back up my contacts, downloaded data, apps, etc, right?

Guest PedroVader

I'm on Orange, managed to get it rooted but wasn't sure about putting a whole new rom on, so I just used the App manager to remove some of the orange rubbish. Maybe I could use link2sd with root, 'cause putting a new rom on at this stage would mean trying to back up my contacts, downloaded data, apps, etc, right?

You could always to a full backup with clockwork, titanium backup will sort your apps for you, and your contacts can be backed up through your Google account. That way, if you're not keen on the new ROM, you can restore your current one just as easily.

Pete