best weather app... opinions?
Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:23 AM
Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:07 PM
Sea surface temperature was added on the map, in the current conditions, in the forecast for today, in the status bar and on the widgets.
New features of the eWeather HD, ver.4.8:
• Buttons for switch current city on the widget was added.
• Options for display button for start alarm clock from widget was added.
• Independent options for landscape and portrait mode was added.
• Duplication of the alarms about earthquakes and weather warnings was removed from the status bar.
• HD mode for page switch was added.
Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:12 AM
Cloud satellite layer was added on the map (USA only yet).
New features of the eWeather HD, ver.4.9:
• Cloud satellite layer (USA only yet).
• Gradient colors for background and colors for text in app and on widgets.
• Better map resolution for radar and map widgets.
• Full screen mode and option for hide title.
• Option for low temperature before high temperature option.
• Option for inverse wind arrow direction.
• Option for copy colors for widgets.
• Option for size of the sunrise and sunset points.
Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:11 PM
Posted 12 August 2013 - 11:49 AM
New features of the eWeather HD, ver.5.0:
• Widgets for lockscreen was added (only for Android 4.2 and 4.3).
• The speed of the radar and cloud satellite was increased few times.
• Cloud satellite layer added for Europe, Japan and Australia.
• Option was added for replace current conditions with hourly forecast data on widgets and notification area based on measurement age.
• Option was added for show current conditions in 10 day forecast.
• Widgets are more stable now.
• App size was decreased on 15%: 7.8 Mb instead of 9.3 Mb
Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:14 PM
• Two lines mode for 1x1 widget.
Read more: http://www.elecont.c...Android-52.aspx
Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:07 AM
I want simple homescreens, BBC widget (when I swipe to another screen) has basic info, click on it for more detailed forecasts.
Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:19 PM
Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:06 PM
Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:56 PM
The weather archive for last year have added in new version. Weather for last year is available in the new window of the app, in 10-day description and in new widgets.
Annual archives of air temperature and sea for any city in the world allows you to choose the good time and place for the travel. You can compare the weather in the current year with the weather in the last year. Also you can always have an your own opinion about the statements that has never was so cold, hot, wet, dry, etc.
Also color themes have been added. You can download or create new color themes and then share with your friends (Menu-Settings-Programm-color theme).
Visibility on the roads have been added in to the current conditions tab. This will give you one more argument in the decision for choose car or public transport.
Dew point graph in the hourly forecast will allow to you better planning time to work out of the home.
Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:06 PM
No problem with the standard Touch Wiz's AccuWeather.
Yup, i second that, pleasing to the eye and pretty accurate. Being free helps as well.
For a rain forecast I use aix weather widget https://play.google....t.veierland.aix which gets its data from various meteorological satellites in near real-time. It seems to be very accurate, more so than accuweather in fact.
I also have a soft spot for the official met office app, the ui is really nicely done.
And finally, uk weather, https://play.google....emps.android.uk has a metric ton of data from local weather stations, and unlike accuweather, when you put in your location it actually retrieves observations from proper local stations rather than pretending and using the nearest cities data instead. As an example, accuweather gets its data from a station at least 30 miles from my home, uk weather consults a station less than a mile away (and yes, i checked, there is actually one there).
That eweather hd app above looks nice, i could well be tempted if i wasnt such a cheapskate lol.
Edited by maniac_mouse, 17 October 2014 - 09:10 PM.
Samsung Tocco Lite (retired) , Blackberry Storm 2 (retired), Zte Blade (sold), Htc Desire (retired), Samsung Galaxy Note (retired), Kindle Fire HD 7` (retired), Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (current), Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1' (current)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users