New to Desire - Help with installing ROM?

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Hi all,

I've just come from the Blade forum, since I've just gotten a HTC Desire from a friend, and was wondering if someone could please provide me with a tutorial on how to root,unlock, install ROMs, use clockwork on the desire etc just the usual stuff?

Thanks so much !

Hi all,

I've just come from the Blade forum, since I've just gotten a HTC Desire from a friend, and was wondering if someone could please provide me with a tutorial on how to root,unlock, install ROMs, use clockwork on the desire etc just the usual stuff?

Thanks so much !

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=628 try here very hepfull guys,

hinestly you could wait for ever for a answer!!

Guest David_P

Hi all,

Thanks so much !

I would suggest you check the link on the post above also. Quick version though.....if the desire is on Froyo, try unrevoked.com to s-off (and optionally install CWM recovery) and alphrev.nl to adjust the hboot if required depending upon the partition layout of your desired custom rom.

If your desire is already on Gingerbread (i.e. 2nd hand and some clever so and so already flashed the gingerbread update RUU) you may need to s-off and root etc by using revolutionary.io although be warned this is still in beta.