TurboSIM unlocks the OMC!!

Guest tilal6991

Guest TouchyAndalou

Hi

I will be using a turbosim on the Talkmobile network. am I likely to run into any problems?

If it's the same one that's linked to in this thread, then no, it should work fine. It's been confrmed as working on two other networks already, but there's no way of knowing for certain until you try it, I guess.

Guest glossywhite

Hello guys,

Joey Scarf: have you tested other funcionalities like wireless, bluetooth etc ?

Cheers.

Simlocks don't affect WiFi or Bluetooth. They're nothing to do with simlocks, and totally separate!

Glossy: thanks for the info!

In principle the sim unlocker just works on...network issues that's what I tought.

I asked this because for all matters the sim unlocker it is a piece of electronics and for some reason it could interfere with other Skate funcionalities.

Glad to know it doesn't :)

Cheers.

Guest g-g-gadgets

I would just like to say that I am just a guy with a wife and 3 kids to support, I live in a council house and have a second hand car.

when I first started selling these sim they sold for around £6- £8 until many other sellers started dropping prices to out sell other sellers, in the end this killed the market now can't sell these for much more than £5.

I saw my sales go up from just a few a day to more than 20 in just a few hours, I thought I finaly was in luck and my problems over, so I took a gamble and increased my price from £3.79 to £5.79 and I will tell you why, These sims cost me $300 (£196) for 100pcs that is the cheapest I can find them at wholesale, so work out how much I am making on each sim and bear in mind I only sell around 25 to 30 of these a week if I am lucky!

Price cost to me for each sim= £1.96p

eBay fee = 12p

Paypal Fee= 35p

First Class Stamp= 46p

packeging= 10p

and don't forget my time and the fuel cost to take them to the post office= 20p

Total Cost before any profit= £3.19p

Now please tell me if I was wrong to increase the price?

If anyone who has bought one wants a refund I will gladly issue one, please contact me to let me know with your eBay id.

I wish you all well!

Kind Regards,

Darren.

P.S I only had 60pcs in stock now only 20pcs I will be off sale soon and will be out of luck until I get some more which can take up to 2 weeks! you see me not selling many of these I was only ordering 100pc every month or so.

Guest dadashi

I would just like to say that I am just a guy with a wife and 3 kids to support, I live in a council house and have a second hand car.

when I first started selling these sim they sold for around £6- £8 until many other sellers started dropping prices to out sell other sellers, in the end this killed the market now can't sell these for much more than £5.

I saw my sales go up from just a few a day to more than 20 in just a few hours, I thought I finaly was in luck and my problems over, so I took a gamble and increased my price from £3.79 to £5.79 and I will tell you why, These sims cost me $300 (£196) for 100pcs that is the cheapest I can find them at wholesale, so work out how much I am making on each sim and bear in mind I only sell around 25 to 30 of these a week if I am lucky!

eBay fee = 12p

Paypal Fee= 35p

First Class Stamp= 46p

packeging= 10p

If anyone who has bought one wants a refund I will gladly issue one, please contact me to let me know with your eBay id.

I wish you all well!

Kind Regards,

Darren.

P.S I only had 60pcs in stock now only 20pcs I will be off sale soon and will be out of luck until I get some more which can take up to 2 weeks! you see me not selling many of these I was only ordering 100pc every month or so.

Thanx for the introduction....good argument, youre not planning any more price changes?

i don't think 5.79 is bad at all..... if all data speeds & such are normal we don't need to worry about an unlock any more or wait for 3 month from orange to then pay £20.

i ordered 1 last night, can't wait to ring orange & tell them i payed just over a 5a to unlock & that they wont be getting a penny from me ever, get pac code, bring my number back, make complaint for terrible customer service... who knows after a couple more thousand complaints they might actually stop treating there customers like s***..

and lastly... i would much rather my money go to to someone supporting there family at hard times, rather than a jumped up multi million $ network who don't have a care in the world...

Guest glossywhite

i don't think 5.79 is bad at all..... if all data speeds & such are normal we don't need to worry about an unlock any more or wait for 3 month from orange to then pay £20.

i ordered 1 last night, can't wait to ring orange & tell them i payed just over a 5a to unlock & that they wont be getting a penny from me ever, get pac code, bring my number back, make complaint for terrible customer service... who knows after a couple more thousand complaints they might actually stop treating there customers like s***..

and lastly... i would much rather my money go to to someone supporting there family at hard times, rather than a jumped up multi million $ network who don't have a care in the world...

I agree with this.

Guest putbinoot

eBay fee = 12p

Paypal Fee= 35p

First Class Stamp= 46p

packeging= 10p

I wish you all well!

Kind Regards,

Darren.

Thanks for info, yeah we tend to forget the cost is not just for the item. Will head over and order one from you.

I have been on Orange since 2001 with the same number and would like to change network too as I use another number on o2, can someone post a link to one of these sims that work please?...because I have no idea about what a turbosim is etc, thanks.

Darren,

Thanks for taking the time to join the forum and post an explanation. I don't begrudge you trying to make a bit of extra cash on ebay - we all do it rolleyes.gif

What I thought was cheeky was you seeing an uplift in sales and whacking a fiver on the price blink.gif

It's good that you acted on feedback and reduced the price so quickly as well biggrin.gif I don't think £5.79 is a bad price, infact I ordered one myself this afternoon.

Still not got the phone though - went into both orange shops in town and neither had stock, hopefully tomorrow.

Mike

Guest dadashi

I'm still waiting for dealextrem to deliver mine....I emailed them and got a reply, They'll send another if it doesn't arrive...I'll buy a new phone by then!!

I'll be buying one from Gadget, seeing as it definitely works a fiver is fair....

Guest g-g-gadgets

Darren,

Thanks for taking the time to join the forum and post an explanation. I don't begrudge you trying to make a bit of extra cash on ebay - we all do it rolleyes.gif

What I thought was cheeky was you seeing an uplift in sales and whacking a fiver on the price blink.gif

It's good that you acted on feedback and reduced the price so quickly as well biggrin.gif I don't think £5.79 is a bad price, infact I ordered one myself this afternoon.

Still not got the phone though - went into both orange shops in town and neither had stock, hopefully tomorrow.

Mike

There was a time these sims sold for £10 and more, sitll cheaper than some unlockers charge to unlock the newer phones, some charge £30 or more.

Problem is as soon as all the other sellers catch on the price may rise anyway who knows? but I will keep my price low as long as the supplier lets me!

Sorry for the stir I caused and hope I am forgiven? BTW I am almost out of them only 8 left as of now! I didn't have many to start with only about 60pcs you see I only sold an handful a week, if I had know this I would have ordered plenty.

Will have to go off sale soon no choice! and hope the ones I have ordered today come asap!

All the best, Darren.

Guest TouchyAndalou

eBay fee = 12p

Paypal Fee= 35p

First Class Stamp= 46p

packeging= 10p

I wish you all well!

Kind Regards,

Darren.

Thanks for posting this. The initial jump from £3.79 to £8.79 felt a bit sharp, but it's great that you acted so quickly on feedback and the current price £5.79 certainly seems reasonable. I don't think any of us can begrudge you trying to make a few pounds extra out of this, considering that most of us have been looking for an unlock solution for a while now. I hope you get restocked quickly, because as word starts to spread you should sell a fair few of these and hopefully do ok for yourself. Good luck.