334 replies to this topic

dadashi

dadashi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Devices:MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D
I'm still waiting for dealextrem to deliver mine....I emailed them and got a reply, They'll send another if it doesn't arrive...I'll buy a new phone by then!!

I'll be buying one from Gadget, seeing as it definitely works a fiver is fair....

MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

g-g-gadgets

g-g-gadgets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Darren,
Thanks for taking the time to join the forum and post an explanation. I don't begrudge you trying to make a bit of extra cash on ebay - we all do it Posted Image

What I thought was cheeky was you seeing an uplift in sales and whacking a fiver on the price Posted Image

It's good that you acted on feedback and reduced the price so quickly as well Posted Image I don't think £5.79 is a bad price, infact I ordered one myself this afternoon.

Still not got the phone though - went into both orange shops in town and neither had stock, hopefully tomorrow.

Mike

There was a time these sims sold for £10 and more, sitll cheaper than some unlockers charge to unlock the newer phones, some charge £30 or more.
Problem is as soon as all the other sellers catch on the price may rise anyway who knows? but I will keep my price low as long as the supplier lets me!

Sorry for the stir I caused and hope I am forgiven? BTW I am almost out of them only 8 left as of now! I didn't have many to start with only about 60pcs you see I only sold an handful a week, if I had know this I would have ordered plenty.

Will have to go off sale soon no choice! and hope the ones I have ordered today come asap!

All the best, Darren.

dadashi

dadashi

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts
  • Devices:MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D
That's seven now :)

MonteCarlo + HTC EVO 3D

Navie

Navie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Are you guys ordering this sim from g-g-gadgets?

Navie

Navie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Are you guys ordering this sim from g-g-gadgets?

g-g-gadgets can you please post me a link to your Ebay item (turbosim) so I can buy one?

g-g-gadgets

g-g-gadgets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
lol thanks!
I will post it in the morning now, it is too late for the post office here I hope you don't mind.

gitf@ce

gitf@ce

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • Devices:Skate - Streak - Transformer
Now down to 4, may come in handy when I'm abroad ;)

g-g-gadgets

g-g-gadgets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

g-g-gadgets can you please post me a link to your Ebay item (turbosim) so I can buy one?

not many left but if you are quick the link is: http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1559.l2649
I hope I don't get into trouble?

Navie

Navie

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

not many left but if you are quick the link is: http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1559.l2649
I hope I don't get into trouble?

Just bought one :)

I hope I can change network when it arrives, never used one of these before.

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

I would just like to say that I am just a guy with a wife and 3 kids to support, I live in a council house and have a second hand car.

when I first started selling these sim they sold for around £6- £8 until many other sellers started dropping prices to out sell other sellers, in the end this killed the market now can't sell these for much more than £5.

I saw my sales go up from just a few a day to more than 20 in just a few hours, I thought I finaly was in luck and my problems over, so I took a gamble and increased my price from £3.79 to £5.79 and I will tell you why, These sims cost me $300 (£196) for 100pcs that is the cheapest I can find them at wholesale, so work out how much I am making on each sim and bear in mind I only sell around 25 to 30 of these a week if I am lucky!

Price cost to me for each sim= £1.96p
eBay fee = 12p
Paypal Fee= 35p
First Class Stamp= 46p
packeging= 10p
and don't forget my time and the fuel cost to take them to the post office= 20p

Total Cost before any profit= £3.19p

Now please tell me if I was wrong to increase the price?

If anyone who has bought one wants a refund I will gladly issue one, please contact me to let me know with your eBay id.

I wish you all well!

Kind Regards,
Darren.

P.S I only had 60pcs in stock now only 20pcs I will be off sale soon and will be out of luck until I get some more which can take up to 2 weeks! you see me not selling many of these I was only ordering 100pc every month or so.

Thanks for posting this. The initial jump from £3.79 to £8.79 felt a bit sharp, but it's great that you acted so quickly on feedback and the current price £5.79 certainly seems reasonable. I don't think any of us can begrudge you trying to make a few pounds extra out of this, considering that most of us have been looking for an unlock solution for a while now. I hope you get restocked quickly, because as word starts to spread you should sell a fair few of these and hopefully do ok for yourself. Good luck.

netdudeuk

netdudeuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3G
I'd be more than happy to buy from this guy but as he'll now be out of stock for a while, is there any way to identify exactly what this Turbo Sim is so that we can look for alternative supplier for now ?

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
you could try A1 Micros they seem to be the same £4.99 dont no if anyone got any from them .worth a try .

netdudeuk

netdudeuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Devices:iPhone 3G

you could try A1 Micros they seem to be the same £4.99 dont no if anyone got any from them .worth a try .

Just looked thanks. They do indeed sell the 'Super X-Sim IV' which is exactly what was listed on eBay. Surely this is the same bit of kit ?

Do they take PayPal ?

Edited by netdudeuk, 10 October 2011 - 08:05 PM.

blondejon

blondejon

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:zte blade, transformer
  • Twitter:@@jonleeuk1

Just looked thanks. They do indeed sell the 'Super X-Sim IV' which is exactly what was listed on eBay. Surely this is the same bit of kit ?

Do they take PayPal ?

yep just paid for mine with paypal there.

knuckless69

knuckless69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Joey, could you upload a picture of the actual turbo sim? Maybe we can find another supplier of the exact same model...
Thanks

achromic

achromic

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, Huawei Ascend G300
paid for mine as soon as i saw this thread on tapatalk :)

Achromic

ZTE Skate - running Ice Armor III

T-Mobile Vivacity - Running CM10 (Spare)

Huawei Ascend G300, unlocked, rooted, de-crappified, and ICS Ir1 (SOLD!)

Posted Image

omc3g

omc3g

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:OMC
hi guys i bought one of these arrived yesterday http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27be58b22b it does not work with Orange Monte Carlo or my old LG KC910 very disapointed it will fire up the OMC but it says no sim card inserted so useless :(

Edited by omc3g, 10 October 2011 - 09:15 PM.

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
is that the actual 1 or is it a different 1 .

omc3g

omc3g

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:OMC

is that the actual 1 or is it a different 1 .

thats the actual advert off the seller i bought from so dont get that one. I have emailed him to ask if it may be a faulty one he said no and i d have to send it back to portugal before i got another one off him... i ll buy another one from someone else

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
yes thats the advert but is the sim anyway different from what is advertised.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users