Camera and Screen Issue--suppose I've found the key problem

Guest Piscium

The alignment issue with synaptics ts seems to be handled with fix3.

indeed, there's another issue with camera sensor. waiting the dmesg

IMG_20111101_094157.jpg

That could be difficult to fix. I doubt dmesg will show any error.

It looks like the new 2.6.32 source that ZTE released yesterday has support for s5k5acgx on blade, so maybe I can find something in there.

Guest burstlam

That could be difficult to fix. I doubt dmesg will show any error.

It looks like the new 2.6.32 source that ZTE released yesterday has support for s5k5acgx on blade, so maybe I can find something in there.

yes ! it contain the latest update on board information. it rocks

Edited by burstlam

Guest Piscium

Dear all,

after 2 days, I didn't get touch problem anymore, should be resloved,

I tried burstlam's ROM & patch, also working ok.

Thanks to both of you, sincerely.

And since the new source 2.6.32 was released, I can see that all the new problems from the blade made in Aug/Sep etc. can be resolved in the near future by your efficient work!

good night!

Syne

Guest Piscium

also I have another technical question:

when I using pc-suite to install apk, and some time the installation failed in the middle, I found the free ROM space was taken, and even I install successful later, this lost space will not come back.

How could I resolve this problem, I tried to uninstall the app, but same result.

as far as I know, only recall the factory original mode will effect, but this will also clean all the apps I installed.

Is there another better way to resolve?

Thanks!

Guest Piscium

Dear Tom and Burst,

there's another part of SEP V880 user still have problem with the touch,

they don't have LCD info by checking in ZTE engineer mode which as the no.3 in my top tips

--------------

Screen & camera problem Blade---less LCD info + wrong camera info as above

(mostly produced in Sep)

LCD Information:

TouchScreen Information:

touchscreen module

name :synaptics

i2c addresss :0x22

IC type :2000 series

firmware version:tm1541

moudule:synaptics+tpk

WIFI Information:

Device manufacturing:Atheros

Model Number:AR6002

BT Information:

BTS4025

after flash your last updated test Rom, or flash Burst's patch, I am OK(a lot of user also ok), but this part of user still have touch failing problem, and need to take out battery and reinstall quickly then can work.

Should I upload their dmesg and logcat? or you 2 now is working on the new released kernel already---which intend to reslove all these problems?

Best Regards,

Syne

• 1 month later...
Guest alaxiantao

Hi, Tom

I also met a similar camera issue after flashing cm7.1 to a Chinese blade system. I also tried your cm-7.1.0-cam-test-2.zip, but unluckily it doesn't work for me yet. I also did some simple debug effort. When I flashed back to ZTE's official rom, I found one device node msm_camera is created under /dev/, and some sub-nodes are also created under /dev/msm_camera. Howeven, when I flashed this your test rom or cm7.1 rom, they doen't create these device nodes under /dev. I doubt maybe the driver is not ready in the kernlel? But I don't know how to add it back ? Could you give some help ? If you need some information, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

zxt

Please test this and provide both logcat and dmesg output.

cm-7.1.0-cam-test-2.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

I have a phone ZTE-U V880 (Gen2), and I have the same problem with the camera.

Please test this and provide both logcat and dmesg output.

cm-7.1.0-cam-test-2.zip

Attached...

Prolem solved with myChinese Blade installing the Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie.

I had both the touchscreen and the camera not working with other 2.3 roms.

It worth a try.

Remember to use the Stock-Kernel-Camera-Fix.

http://android.modac...s8-android-235/

I tried many different ROMs but with the same camera is not working.

logcat.txt

dmesg.txt

Guest DarkCrono

I have this chinese v880, and I got my camera and wifi working by installing Moldovan - MHMP and the stock kernel from the BladeGinger Negaraku ROM with wifi driver.

Good luck.

Guest mac.steu

Hello!

I have a phone ZTE-U V880 (Gen2), and I have the same problem with the camera.

Attached...

I tried many different ROMs but with the same camera is not working.

Have you tried the Moldovan rom?

Edited by mac.steu

Guest kirpika

what moldovan rom should i use (+ addon)+ negakaru stock kernel? what's the exact procedure and the filenames?

i tried rls8 Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS8 + M-MHMP-RLS8-Stock-Kernel + BladeGinger-Negaraku-stock-boot (installing one after another) = camera is ok, but wi-fi (although finds networks) doesn't work.

what moldovan rom should i use (+ addon)+ negakaru stock kernel? what's the exact procedure and the filenames?

i tried rls8 Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS8 + M-MHMP-RLS8-Stock-Kernel + BladeGinger-Negaraku-stock-boot (installing one after another) = camera is ok, but wi-fi (although finds networks) doesn't work.

Hi, that's my first post and my English is mediocre. Sorry...

I had the same problem (no touch and no camera on CM7) until yesterday.

Just installed Moldovan-RLS8 + M-MHMP-RLS8-Stock-Kernel and partially solved my problem.

Now the camera works fine, but touch seems sleepy.

If I keep touching the digitizer (like using the keyboard) it works fine, but if I stop for a couple of seconds, the phone usually loses the next touches until "wake up" again.

It's really annoying... I even tried to set the min. clock freq. to 600 on the "no-frills CPU Control" with no improvement.

Btw, Moldovan-RLS9 is on... I'll give a try and post here any news for these problems.

Guest mac.steu

I used Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS8 + M-MHMP-RLS8-Stock-Kernel and that solved the prolem.

Guest arvindbsp

Hi all ,

I have recently purchased ZTE Blade ( Idea India Rebranded ) and having the touch screen and camera problem. i tried Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9 and M-MHMP-RLS9-Swedish-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (latest stock kernel with wifi driver) and problem solved.

Thanks all for your support and suggestions

Guest kyoshosan

Hi All...

I've got old OSF 3.2Mpix (gen1 tpt to gen2) blade which works with all roms available... I recently bought a second one here in the netherlands.. gen2 with a 5Mpix camera.

Well i tried almost every rom and combination of rom with stock kernels.. without succes...

Depending on rom i get the following results

With the latest CM7(.1 or .2) everything works, it possible to take a foto, but the image is upside down.

With MMHMP RLS9 with undervolt kernel or the new SS RLS1 the camera starts.. upside down preview is given but as soon as you push the capture botton the camera app FC's

I've also used these rom's with the stock kernels available, but then you can't even start the camera app, because it complains about not finding a camera device

Strange... can i check if i have a other camera chip inside this blade?

Edited by kyoshosan

Hi all ,

I have recently purchased ZTE Blade ( Idea India Rebranded ) and having the touch screen and camera problem. i tried Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9 and M-MHMP-RLS9-Swedish-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip (latest stock kernel with wifi driver) and problem solved.

Thanks all for your support and suggestions

Hello i also bought an Idea India branded ZTE Blade, could you please explain the steps to install Moldovan-Mile-High-Mountain-Pie-RLS9 and M-MHMP-RLS9-Swedish-Stock-Kernel-Gen2.zip, thanks.

Guest Anoop_S

Hello,

I have the same problem with the camera and touch screen not working( With cyanogen mode) with my ZTE blade brought from Idea cellular. The touch screen issue sloved by installing

Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9

but i still have the camera problem when i start the camera it says cannot connect to camera cameraa error is there any patches to make my camera work ??? and can any one tell me a gingerbread based ROM iam new to android so iam only learning, forgive any mistakes

Awaiting reply..

Anoop

Hello,

I have the same problem with the camera and touch screen not working( With cyanogen mode) with my ZTE blade brought from Idea cellular. The touch screen issue sloved by installing

Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9

but i still have the camera problem when i start the camera it says cannot connect to camera cameraa error is there any patches to make my camera work ??? and can any one tell me a gingerbread based ROM iam new to android so iam only learning, forgive any mistakes

Awaiting reply..

Anoop

Hi i also have an Idea Blade could you explain how you installed the cyanogen mod or which guide you followed. i am also new to android any help is appreciated.

Guest Anoop_S

Hi i also have an Idea Blade could you explain how you installed the cyanogen mod or which guide you followed. i am also new to android any help is appreciated.

you can find how to do it in the link below only use the CM for custom rom installation but if you have the blade brought from idea CM wont work( it didnt for me)

You can try MMHMP release9 the camera problem is fixed by using a kernal ...