Photo

[ROM][GEN1-2-3] Moldovan Mile-High-Mountain-Pie RLS9 (Android 2.3.5)

* * * * - 46 votes

• Please log in to reply
1141 replies to this topic

PhenomHTX

PhenomHTX

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Antutu on 604Mhz
CM7 N222 - 1361
GSF B27 - 1221
This rom - 1204

All without SD card test

Edited by PhenomHTX, 12 October 2011 - 09:20 AM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Devices:Moto G, ZTE Open C
  • Twitter:@konstatuomio

Been putting this ROM through it's paces for a second day and the only strange stuff that happened was seemingly randomly going on and off for prolonged periods green led on back button (maybe that's by design in gingerbread, dunno, moved from SS5, never tried GB before), also on one occasion menu screen started flickering like mental for a few brief moments after exiting camera app, and the default keyboard seems like it's shrunk vertically in landscape mode (maybe it's by design too), yet it's easily fixable by downloading GB keyboard from market. Will be keeping my eye and reporting any findings, but so far this ROM looks very promising, as I am searching for a rock-solid everyday GB ROM which is as close to vanilla as possible. Thank you very much KonstaT, burstlam and wbaw!

UK OSF OLED

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Green LED sticking is a minor bug in the kernel. It can be easily switched off by plugging the phone in/out of charger. It shouldn't drain battery or anything even if it was left on. It's only a mild discomfort so I don't think that I'm going to update the kernel until ZTE releases source code for this one.

I had to tweak the keyboard a bit, it was originally shrunk in vertical mode too. Forgot to see how it even looks in horizontal mode. :D That's not even too bad, now the keyboard won't take more than half of the screen. I'll probably fix it though.

That camera thing might be something related to camera lib. I'll see if I can reproduce that error.

Edited by KonstaT, 12 October 2011 - 09:41 AM.

lost2

lost2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
strange bug just came , when connect it to pc it gives me " Damaged SD card" " Format card" but my card its recognized and works fine ??

fp30

fp30

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Antutu on 604Mhz
CM7 N222 - 1361
GSF B27 - 1221
This rom - 1204

All without SD card test

what score did you get for the cpu-float calculation in this rom?

psidoc

psidoc

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Devices:A White One

Antutu on 604Mhz
CM7 N222 - 1361
GSF B27 - 1221
This rom - 1204

All without SD card test

Interesting. I just got 1348 @604 mhz on the first time with antutu on this rom.
Rom has been on the phone 24 hours and no reboots.

Psi

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Zebot

Zebot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
Very good ROM, thanks ! Just flashed RLS2 (from CM7) but i think i've found a bug:
if you let the phone enter in sleep mode (without pressing power button), you can still wake it up by pressing "Menu" button. So it doesn't go to deep sleep, i can still ping it if wifi enabled. But if you press the power button to put it in sleep mode, it doesn't wake up with the menu button and i don't ping it anymore.

i hope that it will help ;)

fp30

fp30

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Interesting. I just got 1348 @604 mhz on the first time with antutu on this rom.
Rom has been on the phone 24 hours and no reboots.

Psi

running one single test isnt really reliable. you need to run it a number of times and get an average to get a real idea of the score

kogos

kogos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Devices:nexus1, zte blade, galaxy tab
since battery life is much improoved on the latest nightlies/stable releases of cm7, how's battery on this rom?

dsig

dsig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade III
Cough, cough... why Moldovan?

Mind if I ask where the ROM's name comes from?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Very good ROM, thanks ! Just flashed RLS2 (from CM7) but i think i've found a bug:
if you let the phone enter in sleep mode (without pressing power button), you can still wake it up by pressing "Menu" button. So it doesn't go to deep sleep, i can still ping it if wifi enabled. But if you press the power button to put it in sleep mode, it doesn't wake up with the menu button and i don't ping it anymore.

i hope that it will help ;)

Wifi staying connected is a feature of the .35 kernel. If your wifi sleep policy is set to 'when screen turns off', wifi stays connected for 15 minutes after screen goes off. If wifi sleep policy is set to never, it does exactly that. Wifi should stay in low power mode though, but still connected.

running one single test isnt really reliable. you need to run it a number of times and get an average to get a real idea of the score

Yeah, I wouldn't give that much value to single benchmark results anyway. Benching always happens in multitask environment, maybe if you'd take average of ten runs. Of course the benching gives you some idea of the level you're at. On single run I got 1221 points, @604mhz, no sdcard in antutu. What comes to that CPU float point score, it should be 100+ points, I've already "fixed" that (don't know if it makes your phone faster other than fixes that score).

I'd say this ROM performs very well compared to other ZTE based ROMs. You also have to remember that I've only had few days to tweak this.

since battery life is much improoved on the latest nightlies/stable releases of cm7, how's battery on this rom?

I'm using same kernel in this ROM that I've used with gsf earlier. It's slightly different from the one used in gsf, but still very similar. I've been mostly testing and flashing with my phone, so it's hard for me to say. I'd say battery life should be about the same as gsf - not better, not worse.

Using the optional stock kernel, your battery life should be better compared to this overclock supporting kernel. I don't recommend using it though, unless you have a newer model of ZTE Libra and you have trouble using your camera.

Edited by KonstaT, 13 October 2011 - 07:45 AM.

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

Cough, cough... why Moldovan?

Mind if I ask where the ROM's name comes from?

It's based on official ZTE update for Moldavan ZTE Libra.
http://wwwen.zte.com...mobile/Moldova/

I think it was kallt_kaffe's way to name his ROMs, origin country + plus something starting with that same letter.

With Mile-High-Mountain-Pie I continued Google's way of using sweet desserts as version name. I'm sure that in distant future when Android reaches version 18 (or what ever, you do the math) it will be called Mile-High-Mountain-Pie. ;)

Edited by KonstaT, 13 October 2011 - 07:40 AM.

SlavZ

SlavZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Devices:San Fracisco
How to get back default Task manager?

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

How to get back default Task manager?

You shouldn't use task managers to kill apps in android. That's why I removed it from RLS2.

You could copy it from RLS1 or I think there is add-on somewhere on the board you could use.

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Devices:Sony Xperia ZR
Default Task Manager.

Attached Files

Sony Xperia ZR ( C5502) (Rooted!)

Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I still feel that GSF was smoother than MM-H-M-P RLS2.. Could you look into that? And could you please fix the keyboard.. its shrunk in landscape mode! I know i can get another from the market.. but i like the default CM Keyboard.. Other than that can't see any problems as of now..

One more question..if i flash Burstlam's kernel version 2.5.2 would it cause any problems..? because it fixes the led notification problems i've been having with the kernel included in your rom.

Edited by Akash P, 13 October 2011 - 11:49 AM.

Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.

SlavZ

SlavZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

You shouldn't use task managers to kill apps in android. That's why I removed it from RLS2.

You could copy it from RLS1 or I think there is add-on somewhere on the board you could use.

But what if just want to kill skype, for example? or any other app?

How to disable USB charging?

Akash P

Akash P

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

But what if just want to kill skype, for example? or any other app?

How to disable USB charging?

I recommend you try out FAST REBOOT.. https://market.andro...astreboot&hl=en

It's an incredible app.. i have the pro version and haven't had any problems with it.. keeps the phone running fast.

SlavZ

SlavZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Default Task Manager.

Thanks a lot!

KonstaT

KonstaT

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts

I still feel that GSF was smoother than MM-H-M-P RLS2.. Could you look into that? And could you please fix the keyboard.. its shrunk in landscape mode! I know i can get another from the market.. but i like the default CM Keyboard.. Other than that can't see any problems as of now..

One more question..if i flash Burstlam's kernel version 2.5.2 would it cause any problems..? because it fixes the led notification problems i've been having with the kernel included in your rom.

I can't say that I agree. Remember that I've had this for few days, not few months as the ROM that you're comparing it to. Keyboard will be fixed in the next release.

I don't think that burstlam's kernel fixes the notification LED problem, it disables LED notifications all together. If burstlam's 2.5.2 has that great any-ROM script he has used that preservers the kernel ramdisk, you can use it. Look inside it's zip, if there is zImage and bunch of other stuff, you can use it. If there is boot.img, it won't work with this ROM.

Amati

Amati

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:OSF, Foxconn A1332
I only use task manager to monitor CPU & RAM usage. However, the task manager would not install, it says "application not installed'. Tried the attached one here, one from MMHMP RLS1, SS5, JJ7 and even the original one from OUK 05 ROM. Non market apps are enabled. Even tried to put it manually in /system/app via Root Explorer and after reboot it still would not appear. What can I be doing wrong? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users