26 replies to this topic

sionyboy

sionyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Xbox 360, Music, Movies, Guitar, Phones, general tech geek stuff
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S
One other thing, when you have a few tabs open in the stock browser when you switch between them i find it ends up having to reload the page.tht a side effect of having only 512mb?

evad

evad

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire Z
  • Twitter:@adlorenz

One other thing, when you have a few tabs open in the stock browser when you switch between them i find it ends up having to reload the page.tht a side effect of having only 512mb?

Yep, that's a side effect of low RAM resources, which is the main downside of this tablet, I reckon. Once you fire up few apps or load heavy websites, whole device gets sluggish and not quite responsive, as OS is working hard behind the scenes to shuffle things in/out RAM.

However, as soon as we will have solid root solution for 80 G9, I will be looking to enable swap partition (virtual memory) which should improve performance a bit.

Edited by evad, 28 October 2011 - 04:41 PM.

Dawid 'evad' Lorenz

sionyboy

sionyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
i cant wait for root, be great to see what optimizations will be made to the firmware to get memory footprint down and tweak performance.
And did archos really includeva trial version of picsel office? when i saw it i was hoping it would be full version, seems such a tease!

sionyboy

sionyboy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Another issue, I get static/skipping/popping effects when using stock music player. Thought it might be problemwith speakers, but just downloaded PowerAMP and getting none of that. Anyone else getting this?

Luckily poweramp seems a pretty good app, but I miss the rew/ffw options in notification area.

ages_devil

ages_devil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend
thanks very much for the review
i'm thinking about getting one, but my main concern is its ability to play 720p mkv videos .. can it run these files smoothly ?

Edited by ages_devil, 01 November 2011 - 01:56 PM.

cajl-jbmm

cajl-jbmm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Rugby
    Paris SG
    Archos
    Hard Rock
  • Devices:ARCHOS GEN 7 - 8 - 9
  • Twitter:@Cajl_Jbmm
i have a mkv (6.5 go) on the tablet : no problem

The old addict of ARCHOS - I have all Archos from the Jukebox6000 to the GEnXX

Ricardo Silva

Ricardo Silva

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

mine came today, thank you dixons and your £171 price.

so far so good. don't like the stock keyboard, think swiftkey tablet edition might be in order. screen is good, much better than the Vega, though not as nice as ips offerings. updated to latest firmware and market seems to be working fine. it takes a long time to charge mind.

edit: Another question, when I attach the tablet to my laptop I don't get an option to 'mount' the drives. is this normal?

Hi,

I've looked at DIXON site and I can't find this tablet, I have you bought online?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users