Update on development.

Guest Sami Beck

fun_: the stock andypad pro rom can be downloaded here (at least for a few days, that domain will be offline very soon)

http://www.bristolcoder.com/stock.7z

It does seem that I needed to run:

mkfs.ext2 -n /dev/block/mtdblock6

mkfs.ext2 -n /dev/block/mtdblock7

tune2fs -j /dev/block/mtdblock6

tune2fs -j /dev/block/mtdblock7

It's now getting further with the boot process but seems to not be displaying anything.

fun_: the stock andypad pro rom can be downloaded here (at least for a few days, that domain will be offline very soon)

http://www.bristolcoder.com/stock.7z

downloading. I'll check it later.

It does seem that I needed to run:

mkfs.ext2 -n /dev/block/mtdblock6

mkfs.ext2 -n /dev/block/mtdblock7

tune2fs -j /dev/block/mtdblock6

tune2fs -j /dev/block/mtdblock7

it should not be needed. wipe should be done after whole image is flashed. probably you can see wipe screen when you flashed official rom.

It's now getting further with the boot process but seems to not be displaying anything.

sorry, no idea for now. I know you have Andypad Pro just now ;) I need more info about Andypad Pro.

downloading. I'll check it later.

it should not be needed. wipe should be done after whole image is flashed. probably you can see wipe screen when you flashed official rom.

sorry, no idea for now. I know you have Andypad Pro just now ;) I need more info about Andypad Pro.

Cool, well, if there is anything specific you need to know, let me know and I will reflash stock rom and give you all the output you need :)

Cool, well, if there is anything specific you need to know, let me know and I will reflash stock rom and give you all the output you need :)

downloaded. hmm. sorry, I don't know about RK_Device_Tool.exe :(

anyway, I made whole rom from your rom. (just boot.img and system.img are replaced)

http://files.androtab.info/rk2918/cm7/20111126/andypadpro-cm7.zip

please try to flash it with same procedure as official one.

downloaded. hmm. sorry, I don't know about RK_Device_Tool.exe :(

anyway, I made whole rom from your rom. (just boot.img and system.img are replaced)

http://files.androta...ypadpro-cm7.zip

please try to flash it with same procedure as official one.

Thanks! but unfortunately it has the same problem. At least it proves that I was at least loading it correctly. Also, just so you know, I have extracted the stock rom, copied your .imgs over and flashed using rkandroidtool.exe as well, and i get the same problem. If it wasn't so late I would carry on but it will have to wait until tomorrow now or i will be very late for work :)

P.S. i'm glad that someone is actually working on good things for the rk chips tablets, it seems lots of people are ignoring them. Keep up the good work, and I will let you know as soon as I have more idea of why it's not working on my andypad.

Thanks! but unfortunately it has the same problem.

I see. sorry.

Csharpe, which ROM did you use as a base ROM?

on my N50DT, both pre-SDK2 and SDK2 ROM can be used for CM7. it may not be true on AndypadPro.

I'll make whole CM7 image based on T760 3.07 (SDK2.1) ROM next.

EDIT:

uploaded

http://files.androta...26/t760-cm7.zip

based on T760 3.07 ROM, with my boot.img and system.img.

please be careful. I don't know compatibility about T760 and Andypad Pro.

EDIT2:

I want to see logcat output with both CM7 images

EDIT3:

first boot after wipe takes some minutes. probably less than 10 minutes. anyway logcat will help you..

Edited by fun_

Guest Sami Beck

I see. sorry.

Csharpe, which ROM did you use as a base ROM?

on my N50DT, both pre-SDK2 and SDK2 ROM can be used for CM7. it may not be true on AndypadPro.

I'll make whole CM7 image based on T760 3.07 (SDK2.1) ROM next.

EDIT:

uploaded

http://files.androta...26/t760-cm7.zip

based on T760 3.07 ROM, with my boot.img and system.img.

please be careful. I don't know compatibility about T760 and Andypad Pro.

EDIT2:

I want to see logcat output with both CM7 images

EDIT3:

first boot after wipe takes some minutes. probably less than 10 minutes. anyway logcat will help you..

will test in around a hour.

Guest Csharpe

My setup:

- T760 3.06 kernel (extracted from boot.img)

- fun_'s boot.img

- fun_'s system.img

- stock AndyPad Pro misc.img

- stock AndyPad parameter file

2.06 bootloader extracted from SDK2.

The kerel's really smooth and only bugs so far are (on oldest build):

- the accelerometer axis (I think it can be fixed with hw.rotation, but haven't been able to test this yet.)

- missing wifi lib (easily added I think)

- missing camera lib (front & back) / camera app force close

- CM only reporting a max of 320MB ram, could this be due to faulty base address in boot.img?

I suggest you guys start a new CM7 topic here where fun_ can post his latest developments?

About building source myself:

Any idea why the system.img doesn't want to boot, and gives me missing /bin/sh errors? I'm using the latest device folder & extracted vendor files from stock Teclast. (althou, ROM build only gave me a 104mb system.img)

Great job so far!

Edited by Csharpe

ah, it may be the key. N50DT pre-SDK2 ROM uses 2.06 bootloader. (now 2.08)

T760 3.07 SDK2.1 ROM uses 1.66 bootloader. it may be too old.

where did you get 2.06 bootloader?

- the accelerometer axis (I think it can be fixed with hw.rotation, but haven't been able to test this yet.)

please use acceleromter.{flip_xy,invert_*} props to fix it. hwrotation is for another purpose.

- CM only reporting a max of 320MB ram, could this be due to faulty base address in boot.img?

I'm not sure but 3D GPU may use some memory. please show me dmesg.

I suggest you guys start a new CM7 topic here where fun_ can post his latest developments?

exactly ;)

by some reason, I closed my XDA thread. I need to make another CM7 for RK2918 thread. I'll make new thread here asap.

Any idea why the system.img doesn't want to boot, and gives me missing /bin/sh errors? I'm using the latest device folder & extracted vendor files from stock Teclast. (althou, ROM build only gave me a 104mb system.img)

sorry, generated system.img is yaffs2 format. please make ext3 image and extract files in yaffs2 image on it.

Edited by fun_

Guest Sami Beck

My setup:

- T760 3.06 kernel (extracted from boot.img)

- fun_'s boot.img

- fun_'s system.img

- stock AndyPad Pro misc.img

- stock AndyPad parameter file

The kerel's really smooth and only bugs so far are (on oldest build):

- missing wifi lib (easily added I think)

- missing camera lib (front & back) / camera app force close

Great job so far!

Can you post the files?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Astralix

@fun_

regarding the very first boot image shown:

It is not a replaced TUX as

1) Kernels maximum image size is 80x80

2) If I start one of my own build kernels the TUX is shown _while_ the kernel starts, the manufacturer logo is shown _after_ the kernel has started until Android takes over and shows the boot animation.

So I guess that there is something in the init that copies a prepared file to the framebuffer device. Could be there is a framebuffer compatible file dumped to /dev/fb?

Look for a file that ends with this kernel image format ( was it .pnm?)

Regards

Astralix

Edited by Astralix