Help my Skate is dead/unresponsive

Guest Sidecar_jon

Guest Sidecar_jon

My skate is not booting, it displays the green android man, then just ANDROID and is to all appearances in a coma. Leading up to this situation is. I put on the bluemote rom (very good thanks) but then tried to update to the newer Bluemonte and that must have been a bad install as the camera didn't work so i decided to flash a stock rom to get it back to working. I flashed that (bare ZTE rom) which worked but then i wanted Blue one back so i tried to boot into "clockwork mod" but holding down the vol down just showed the grey FTM square.....

then its failed to boot into the rom.

I cant get Clockwork on it as the (win7) computer now refuses to read the phone as present on the USB and i tried to install new drivers but the computer now claims that a newer version of the driver is present and wont play ball...it just wont communicate with he phone when its plugged in. I tried (as suggested) Running the install without the USB being "seen" but that didn't work.

As i said i'm sure the knowledge is round here somewhere but i've searched and got thoroughly confused. any help much appreciated. The wife now thinks im an idiot for mucking round with my birthday present! And my sons faith in my geekyness is starting to waver!

(if i have any terms wrong, point them out and i can edit them for anyone who searches for this problem)

I have also problem with adb and "unknown device" on USB (Windows7). I used my 2nd pc (Windows7) and over there it worked. So try another pc or virtual pc and install the driver one more time and try clockwork.

Guest glossywhite

My skate is not booting, it displays the green android man, then just ANDROID and is to all appearances in a coma. Leading up to this situation is. I put on the bluemote rom (very good thanks) but then tried to update to the newer Bluemonte and that must have been a bad install as the camera didn't work so i decided to flash a stock rom to get it back to working. I flashed that (bare ZTE rom) which worked but then i wanted Blue one back so i tried to boot into "clockwork mod" but holding down the vol down just showed the grey FTM square.....

then its failed to boot into the rom.

I cant get Clockwork on it as the (win7) computer now refuses to read the phone as present on the USB and i tried to install new drivers but the computer now claims that a newer version of the driver is present and wont play ball...it just wont communicate with he phone when its plugged in. I tried (as suggested) Running the install without the USB being "seen" but that didn't work.

As i said i'm sure the knowledge is round here somewhere but i've searched and got thoroughly confused. any help much appreciated. The wife now thinks im an idiot for mucking round with my birthday present! And my sons faith in my geekyness is starting to waver!

(if i have any terms wrong, point them out and i can edit them for anyone who searches for this problem)

Did you clear all the caches in ClockworkMod first?

Guest Sidecar_jon

I have also problem with adb and "unknown device" on USB (Windows7). I used my 2nd pc (Windows7) and over there it worked. So try another pc or virtual pc and install the driver one more time and try clockwork.

Ok i'll try that right now on a netbook....one min. .. nope shows up as an unrecognised USB device, the phone shows a full battery graphic briefly and then goes dark...

Guest Sidecar_jon

if you are only getting ftm white sqaure use the tpt stock rom that will work

But how do i get it on the phone?..I need an idiots guide!

Edited by Sidecar_jon

Guest philmein

But how do i get it on the phone?..I need an idiots guide!

here the link http://android.modac...from-ztes-site/ download from post 11

make a folder on your desktop name it image in smallcase

unzip the contents of the file you downloaded from the link from post 11 into the folder you created called image

there should be 2 files inside your folder named image one should be a bin file the other is a md5 file the bin file is the larger of the 2

delete the md5 file ( the smaller one) you should be left with 1 file aproxx 242meg size

you should now have a folder called image with one 242meg file inside

put the folder image on the sd card

it needs to be the root of your sd card ( not inside another folder)

turn phone off

restart phone pressing power vol+ and menu at the same time

theres instructions inside the file you will download from post 11

hope this helps it helped mesmile.gif

phil

taken from the blade forum

Applying a TPT

• Mount your phone on USB or put the SDCard into a USB card reader.
  • Create a directory called image (lowercase) on the root of the SDcard (not in any other directories on the sdcard)
  • Extract the contents of the ZIP file to the image directory on your SD card(For example: If the drive letter of the SD card is "S:" then extract the content of the ZIP to S:\image)
  • Unmount the SDCard and turn the phone off, remove the battery, put the battery back in.
  • Switch on your phone by holding Menu + volume up + power (hold all three together)
  • Installation will automatically update your firmware, after it the phone restarts (When the updating process starts, you can release the keys) you may or may not see green text here - some users dont
  • After booting - remove or rename the image directory on your SDCard or you can accidently re-flash your phone

this will take you back to a pure stock orange phone no root or clockwork ideal for warranty returns

only take 2 mins to root and install cwm

Edited by philmein

Guest philmein

if theres any bit of the guide you are unshure about ask first

if you get it going i want to see monte carlo below san francisco in your profile lol its missing at the morolleyes.gif

Edited by philmein

Guest Sidecar_jon

Doing this as i type.. the files i got were the image file and a Pdf so i deleted the PDF puthe image.bin file in the image folder, took the sd card out of the computer put it in phone..

Booted it with up vol and menu key, no dice, booted with up vol and home (left button) held and it shows life!... it says

Android system recovery <3e>

Android system recovery utility

reboot system now

apply sdcard:update.zip

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

oddly the vol up and down do progress the menu up and down, but the home key doesn't activate things the right back arrow key does...

wiped the data, wiped the cache partition. tried to "apply sdcard:update.zip" i get

E:failed to open /sdcard/update.zip(no such file or directory)

E: signature verification failed

installation aborted.

Humm so its expecting a zip file..i think ive done something wrong here

Guest philmein

souds like you got into zte recovery simler to clockwork? power menu vol up are the ones to press read the pdf

if you got into zte recovery im sure there will be a way to bring your phone back to life

chech you have done the folder bit right with the image file do you want me to upload my tpt i know that ome works coz there is no md5 checksum

just uploading it now

Edited by philmein

Guest Sidecar_jon

is it maybe expecting the file "GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip".....

yep it looks very like clockwork...

tried putting the above zip file on the sd card, not it don't like that either...

my bin file is

image.bin 01/09/211 0809 BIN file 242,170kb

Edited by Sidecar_jon

Guest philmein

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GMLQSDWE

md5 FE59F592944707E13B6221E8499F0D72

try this one check the md5

is it maybe expecting the file "GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip

worth a try

the folder should be called image inside the folder there should be a bin file also called image drag and drop you sd card contents somewhere on your desktop you should now have a empty sd card

drag the image folder (with the image bin inside) to the sd card

turn off phone pull batt for 10 secs

reboot phone by pressing Power Menu Vol Up all at the same time the tpt should start instantly

Edited by philmein

Guest Sidecar_jon

Doing it now....cheers.mega upload seems to take ages....and ages..and ages..in fact i cant get there.. i will try my old image folder again on a bare SD...smoke me a kipper!

Now.. it was me... i did as u said and yes it instantly springs into Update from flash card.. a bar filling with whatever its fills with...green man is on the screen....orange square....welcome to orange screen VICTORY!

Edited by Sidecar_jon

Guest Sidecar_jon

Did it with a bare card, Image folder with Image bin, in it and hold down Power Menu Vol Up...instant as you said, sorry if i've been dim but Thanks a great deal! its even returned the much missed gestures thingy! (+++ brownie point from wife for setting a heart as her gesture)

• 4 months later...

plz help i have the same problem as someone here and my phone dont update nothing

just say this

i bought my Zte skate from Greece

i make a folder as u said

image with an image.bin inside

i press home vol up and power but nothing...

my phone show me again the same....

Android system recovery <3e>.... etc

plz help me!

Edited by A23GR

plz help i have the same problem as someone here and my phone dont update nothing

just say this

i bought my Zte skate from Greece

i make a folder as u said

image with an image.bin inside

i press home vol up and power but nothing...

my phone show me again the same....

Android system recovery <3e>.... etc

plz help me!

evrything ok i solved the prob

now i have CWM v4.01.4

i just want to know how can i install at my phone a stock rom i have the rom

but i dont know to make a clean install with all programms (android market etc..) plz help

Guest pokedude911

evrything ok i solved the prob

now i have CWM v4.01.4

i just want to know how can i install at my phone a stock rom i have the rom

but i dont know to make a clean install with all programms (android market etc..) plz help

You could check the Skate stock ROMS, it's on the forums somewhere!

• 8 months later...
Guest NanJitsu

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GMLQSDWE

md5 FE59F592944707E13B6221E8499F0D72

try this one check the md5

is it maybe expecting the file "GB_BP_P743V1.0.0B01-update_signed.zip

worth a try

the folder should be called image inside the folder there should be a bin file also called image drag and drop you sd card contents somewhere on your desktop you should now have a empty sd card

drag the image folder (with the image bin inside) to the sd card

turn off phone pull batt for 10 secs

reboot phone by pressing Power Menu Vol Up all at the same time the tpt should start instantly

Can't download from this link

Can you please post another link.

waiting................. :)