• Interests:TESTING ANDROID MOBILES TO THE LIMIT
    ALWAYS READY TO TRY OUT ANY ROM AND MOBILE TO THE LIMIT
  • Devices:SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB2 & S1 8GB
  • Twitter:@none
from device manager here is what i have using windows 7
on my omc it says
disk drives
zte mass storage usb device.

ADB interface - zte composite adb driver .
do you have this too?

mustang41

mustang41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo
I'm using Vista.

Disc drives - Handset Mass Storage USB Device. ( doesn't say ZTE like yours)

Can't find anything about an ADB Interface anywhere

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
please go to power dongle website they have adb drivers download and try them .worth a try.

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

This is starting to drive me mad too!!

I deleted what was showing on the phone and started again. . . .now it's showing device not found/waiting for device when I double click install superboot.

It's showing on device manager as "handset mass storage USB device". Windows has determined that the driver software is up to date.

This looked so easy to start with!!!!!

Any ideas????:( :(

Steve

Well, I finally got mine sorted after tearing out my hair in frustration last night! Thank you to tillaz and anybody else who tried to help.

It's difficult to give advice as it kind of "just worked" in the end for me.

What I did do that may help is download a program called usbdeview, which shows you a list of all the devices that have been connected to your computer via usb ports recently. I disconnected my phone from the usb, opened this program and right clicked on anything to do with my phone (there were about 6 or 7) and clicked uninstall on them all. I then went to control panel - system and maintenance - systme - advanced system settings - hardware - windows update driver settings and then changed it to "ask me each time I connect a device to search for driver updates". I then uninstalled sdk manager, any drivers I had installed and rebooted so I could start again from scratch. This time, instead of downloading the sdk zip to the desktop, I downloaded directly to C:\ as no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't get device manager to find the drivers in the file on the desktop. After doing this, it started installing the drivers on my next attempt - I had to do them for both of the android devices listed in device manager, and then when it moved to the top of device manager under a more specific android listing (can't remember exactly what it comes up as) it still had a yellow exclamation mark so I had to install the drivers one more time for that. Refer to Dadashi's post #71 on page 4 of this thread to help with this, along with tillaz's posts as a general guide.

Also, I don't think you want it to be showing "handset mass storage USB device" - what you want is the 2 android devices to pop up. I think the way I got those was going onto computer, right clicking on what was for me "removable disk E" and selecting eject. Then the two android devices with the yellow exclamation marks should hopefully come up.

Good luck, you'll get there in the end (I didn't think I would!) and let us know if you're still having difficulty.

mustang41

mustang41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Getting nowhere fast here!!

I tried the USB deview and deleted things.....didn't seem to make any difference.

It's still waiting for device. . . .in Device Manager it's showing up as "USB Mass Storage Device".....there's 2 of them, and one has a yellow triangle beside it.

I just want to take the orange crud off the phone,and maybe try one of the great sounding custom ROMs - but I guess I have to do this part first somehow :(

Steve

mustang41

mustang41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
OK....I think I'm getting somewhere!!

I uninstalled everything and started again. I've now got to "waiting for device" again.
In device manager under "other devices" I've got "android", with the yellow exclamation mark beside it. It's saying it need a driver.
I've downloaded the drivers but can't get them onto the phone. . . .there is no extra drive showing on "computer". . .before I started again it was showing as a device with removable storage. . .now nothing.
When I click on reinstall drivers through device manager, the check online comes back with nothing found.
I've downloaded the drivers , but when I click on them through the browse my computer option, it says windows could not find driver software for your device.
At least I'm getting closer. . . .has anyone got an idiots guide how to install the driver please???

Thanks in advance,

Steve

mustang41

mustang41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Think I've done it!!!

Followed Touchy's advice and took everything off, and then followed Tillaz's guide on how he did it for Vista, and . . .. . .I've now got something called "SUPERUSER" on my phone!!!!
Then installed clockwork I think. It went through the procedure and rebooted itself. . . .should it have another icon for clockwork or not???

Now to try and flash a new ROM !!!!

Brilliant guides and help guys.

Steve

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
no icon for clockwork .it will be a folder on sdcard and have your backup in it. .just reboot to clockwork .or power off and power on with the volume down pressed at the same time .then clockwork should appear.good luck.

mustang41

mustang41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Yes!!! I have clockwork as well :)

Just a couple of idiot questions about flashing a ROM......

When I explore my phone with it connected to the PC, I can't see the SD card anywhere, so how do I direst the ROM to the card?

When I do the wipe in clockwork, will this delete the photos on my SD card, and my contacts?

Thanks,

Steve

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
you should make shure usb debugging is enabled and power down and take sdcard out then back in .it should show the sdcard contents back in windows their you can add rom to it.

philmein

philmein

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:E-Cigs
    expensive hobby
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo zte blade

Yes!!! I have clockwork as well :)

Just a couple of idiot questions about flashing a ROM......

When I explore my phone with it connected to the PC, I can't see the SD card anywhere, so how do I direst the ROM to the card?

When I do the wipe in clockwork, will this delete the photos on my SD card, and my contacts?

Thanks,

Steve

point 1 take the card out and use a usb reader
point 2 when you wipe you do not loose the contents of your sd card

mustang41

mustang41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Just tried that and still the same.

I've got USB storage in use,clicked on "removable disc D". . . .opened it and got a list starting with .android_secure . . . would it be called SD card or something else?

Funny thing is that ringtones and photo's on the card are showing in other folders??

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
when you open it that is the contents of the sdcard.all folders eg clockwork is afolder holding the backups.

mustang41

mustang41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Sorry to sound really stupid but does that mean I just send the ROM to "Removable Disc D" ??

Can't see a folder saying clockwork. . ..but when i turn on with volume down it boots into clockwork so its on there.

Philmein. . .do you mean I need a USB reader to flash a ROM?????:blink:

wrtease

wrtease

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
so youacess clockwork.all you need to do is copy the rom to your sdcard,a card reader will allow you to add the rom to your sdcard then put it back in your mobile then access clockwork.

philmein

philmein

Diehard

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Interests:E-Cigs
    expensive hobby
  • Devices:Orange Monte Carlo zte blade

Sorry to sound really stupid but does that mean I just send the ROM to "Removable Disc D" ??

Can't see a folder saying clockwork. . ..but when i turn on with volume down it boots into clockwork so its on there.

Philmein. . .do you mean I need a USB reader to flash a ROM?????:blink:

just put the rom to the root of your sd card use a usb reader or through your phone

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
Yeah, if I'm understanding you correctly, what you've got open is the contents of your SD card. It should have several different folders and files there. All you need to do now is download a custom rom, like Tillaz's Blue Monte, and drag the zip file you downloaded into your SD card directory (not in any specific folder, just drop it in) The zip should then show up there (size-wise, it'll be in excess of 100 MBs)

Disconnect your phone from the computer and making sure that your battery is fully charged either turn the power off or just pull out the battery.

Power on by holding the power button and the volume down button at the same time, and release when your phone vibrates for the second time. You should enter clockwork. If you don't, let it load normally, power off and try again.

Once in clockwork, using the volume up and down keys, navigate to advanced and select it with the home button. Navigate to wipe davlik cache, select it and confirm. Now back out using the back button.

Navigate to wipe data/factory reset and confirm. Do the same for wipe cache partition.

Now you're ready to install your rom. Scroll to install zip from SD card and then click on choose zip from SD card. Scroll to the zip you downloaded and select. It should take up to a minute to flash. Once it's done, back out to the main clockwork menu and select reboot system now.

Your first boot can take up to 5 minutes, so don't panic if you think you're stuck on the green android man or something. Once your new rom loads, it can be a bit choppy/laggy until after your first reboot. Have fun.

Edited by TouchyAndalou, 23 October 2011 - 11:52 AM.

mustang41

mustang41

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Thank you both for trying to help. . . .I really appreciate it.

I'm afraid I'm confused now... do i need to buy a USB card reader to do this or not?

If not, when you say put the ROM on the root of the SD card, do you mean send it to "Removable Disc D" or is there something else to do??

Sorry to be so dense about this ! :unsure:

TouchyAndalou

TouchyAndalou

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Thank you both for trying to help. . . .I really appreciate it.

I'm afraid I'm confused now... do i need to buy a USB card reader to do this or not?

If not, when you say put the ROM on the root of the SD card, do you mean send it to "Removable Disc D" or is there something else to do??

Sorry to be so dense about this ! :unsure:

No problem, we've all been there. :)

Connect your phone to your computer via the USB.

Pull your status bar down and select "USB connected - select to copy blah blah" Turn on USB storage.

Removable disk D or something similar pops up on your computer and you then want to select "open folder to view files".

That directory that opens is the root of your SD card. It'll have folders called DCIM, .android_secure, and several others. That's where you have to drag your rom zip file (not in any specific folder, just in that general directory)

Good luck, mate.

Edited by TouchyAndalou, 23 October 2011 - 12:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users