- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

hotrodder

hotrodder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Does everyone who tries this suffer the no sound problem? Im currently building an in car project using the G9 and need to be able to shutdown / reboot off an app (both triggered on screen and triggered using automateit). Its pretty much the last thing i need to sort so as soon as I can root I should be sorted! Sound is kinda important though as it will be a media player.

ringofan

ringofan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

You may need to update your ADB drivers to recognize the G9. Here's a thread that might help:

http://android.modac...vers-for-g9-80/

If you still have issues after updating your drivers, please let use know!

Rich

Rich,

Thank you so much for your help. Still no luck though. My Windows 7 x64 system still doesn't like the driver (although it does now seem to accept that it IS a driver for my device, it wouodn;t even admit it could find one before I made the changes you highlighted!). It now says that my MTP USB device already has the best driver installed. Device Manager calls the Archos an Archos 80 G9 not an unknown/other device so whatever default driver W7 x64 has installed seems to be preventing my attempts to replace it. Any further help will be gratefully received!!

Thank you in advance!

freegrouspid

freegrouspid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD, Archos 80 G9
Hi,

Any update on the step 2 of rooting Archos.

Thanks for your help.

MrChips

MrChips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:GNex (LTE)

Rich,

Thank you so much for your help. Still no luck though. My Windows 7 x64 system still doesn't like the driver (although it does now seem to accept that it IS a driver for my device, it wouodn;t even admit it could find one before I made the changes you highlighted!). It now says that my MTP USB device already has the best driver installed. Device Manager calls the Archos an Archos 80 G9 not an unknown/other device so whatever default driver W7 x64 has installed seems to be preventing my attempts to replace it. Any further help will be gratefully received!!

Thank you in advance!

So, now when you go and type "ADB Devices" does it still show just a blank line? I'm assuming you've killed and restarted the ADB daemon, correct?

ringofan

ringofan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So, now when you go and type "ADB Devices" does it still show just a blank line? I'm assuming you've killed and restarted the ADB daemon, correct?

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply; absolutely spot on. I have killed & re-started the ADB daemon but I still get a blank line when I type "adb devices". I am slowly approaching my wits' end... 8-)

As always, any advice will be gratefully received.

asadullah

asadullah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:archos 80, lg optimus v
So I ran the root process pretty easily using ubuntu adb was a breeze. Just a quick run through rooted on 2.2.22 firmware had same issues as everyone else couldn't stand it so upgraded to the latest STILL had no sound until full factory reset. Was thinking about this paul has a way to get the su binary on the device we put su on the device use dd to pull the boot.img. Once pulled change the build.prop in the ramdisk to read ro.secure=0 then since we have su we could use flash_image to push it back to the device. Once that is set run a factory reset and everything should be good and you'll have the ability to adb remount and push su to system/bin chmod it and whatever else ... bt without any problems since it's clear it the root process that's causing problems (no offense to anyone).

Also wanted to note that if you want to see stock recovery turn off your device and while holding down the volume up button press and hold power until you get to the recovery screen. Once there you can use the volume buttons to move through the selections and the power buttton to select things but be warned.

Edited by asadullah, 13 November 2011 - 09:11 PM.

monkeydrufy

monkeydrufy

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Tuned hoping to see root asap, and also a modded rom

hotrodder

hotrodder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Im just desperate for the root as its pretty much the only thing holding me back from my car install... hopefully it will get done before too long but i know these things take time and people work on it as and when. Fingers crossed :-)

Id try to help, but i dont have any experience of this sort of thing. Ive worked with linux and in programming but never on this side of things.

rulerofkaos

rulerofkaos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Paul, you twittered that Phase 2 is working, are there some news or a manual or something?

cajl-jbmm

cajl-jbmm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Rugby
    Paris SG
    Archos
    Hard Rock
  • Devices:ARCHOS GEN 7 - 8 - 9
  • Twitter:@Cajl_Jbmm
Yes Paul We need PHASE 2 ;-)

The old addict of ARCHOS - I have all Archos from the Jukebox6000 to the GEnXX

Mustafa Ahmed

Mustafa Ahmed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:HTC Tattoo
this method is working for gen8 too i've tested it on 101 internet tablet and it's working great , thanks :)

cajl-jbmm

cajl-jbmm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
    Paris SG
    Archos
    Hard Rock
if you want to delete the root
use adb shell rm /data/local.prop

hotrodder

hotrodder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey all, Ive managed to install a rooted copy of the firmware into the development boot thanks to paul and letama @ xda-developers.com. First I had to apply Pauls root from here, then use letama's method to enabled the development menu (SDE THREAD LINK) and then install the rooted firmware (FIRMWARE THREAD LINK). So far, so good!

cajl-jbmm

cajl-jbmm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
    Paris SG
    Archos
    Hard Rock
On the Archos 8 Gen9, SDE+Root =
Posted Image

rulerofkaos

rulerofkaos

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

On the Archos 8 Gen9, SDE+Root =

You rellay mean Archos 80 G9? Awesome! How did you do it, can we get a howto?

cajl-jbmm

cajl-jbmm

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
    Paris SG
    Archos
    Hard Rock

centaurus

centaurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Rich,

Thank you in advance!

the ADB driver is a special driver, listed under the "unknown" devides.
There are usually two USB interfaces detected with the ARCHOS tablets on Windows.
So the G9 Archos devices have 2 different PIDs.

Regards!

centaurus

centaurus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I want to confirm, that it's actually working on the ARCHOS 101 G9 too.
Tried today (needs approx. half an hour).
Rooted super user, fully accessible optional Android / Linux system. Tests later.

All steps applied with a Macintosh:

- loading the exploits from thiis thread and making (temporary) root (step1)
- installing SDE (step 2)
- injecting the developer system (step 3)

If there is an interest, I could compile detailled descriptive instructions and videos.

To all involved: Thank you very much for the information!!!

Regards.

ringofan

ringofan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

the ADB driver is a special driver, listed under the "unknown" devides.
There are usually two USB interfaces detected with the ARCHOS tablets on Windows.
So the G9 Archos devices have 2 different PIDs.

Regards!

Thanks Centaurus! Finally I have the driver installed. I'll post again if/when I get the root working. :D

ArkViper

ArkViper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:HTC Evo 4g, Archos 101 G9

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your reply; absolutely spot on. I have killed & re-started the ADB daemon but I still get a blank line when I type "adb devices". I am slowly approaching my wits' end... 8-)

As always, any advice will be gratefully received.

I Am still having this exact same issue..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users