Photo

24 Oct Gr8 WIP (KJ2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II with Online Kitchen

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

Androidlover287

Androidlover287

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@andrewfishy1

Yes, good idea, i'll definitely work on that!

re: USB host support, it should work... I don't have a dongle to test however! I'll add in the stock kernel / CF-Root so you can test...

P

USB hosting does work on GR7....how ever for me atleast it doesn't say 'USB host connected'
which may confuse some people, they may think their cables are faulty, They are NOT (Hopefully0
If i connect a usb device to my host cable it doesn't say 'USB device connected' either
Just thought i'd make you aware Paul.

Androidlover287,

Posted Image

mynameisjon

mynameisjon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
I see that com.sec.android.providers.logsprovider is shown as uninstalled in Titanium backup, even though logsprovider.apk is in my system.apk folder.

Is there any way I can manually point the system to logsprovider.apk? reflashing the rom does not fix this. I have redownloaded twice.

everytime I try a full wipe to install, I get FCs on Settings.apk when I try to get into about phone, so wiping doesn't work.

EDIT: Fixed it. Had to restore from Gr5, backup logsprovider and restore in Gr7. For some reason flashing Gr7 seems to throw logsprovider's link in the system off.

Was wondering if there was any way to diagnose what's happening here. Any ideas paul?

Edited by mynameisjon, 18 October 2011 - 02:00 AM.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

any chance you could take a look at the log i posted on page 2?

Just read it... I don't see a crash in that log?

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

Junior Bear

Junior Bear

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Devices:galaxy s2, zte blade
I would love the lock button to work as the camera button when in the camera app. having to touch the screen to take a photo is sometimes awkward!

anything you can do?

and also, is there any way you can add a 'reboot' and a 'boot into clockwork' buttons in the power menu please?

many thanks Paul, good work on this Rom!

|| Samsung galaxy s2 «&» zte blade ||

hanelyco

hanelyco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:HTC desire, SGS II
Hey,

anyone seeing massive battery drain on wifi?

Attached Files

_7_

_7_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Paul,

Would it be possible to add the option in the kitchen to replace the sgs lockscreen with the google standard lockscreen?

I owned a o2x and always used that option from your kitchens.

Many thanks

zzleezz

zzleezz

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets and tennis, what else is there?
  • Devices:Samsung GSII & Advent Vega
  • Twitter:@@zzleezz

Hi Paul,

Would it be possible to add the option in the kitchen to replace the sgs lockscreen with the google standard lockscreen?

I owned a o2x and always used that option from your kitchens.

Many thanks

+1 for this, the sgs lockscreen is very clunky feeling. I have installed widgetlocker pro twice now and disabled it both times as the sgs lockscreen still keeps on popping up at random which spoils the widgetlocker experience.

mynameisjon

mynameisjon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Just read it... I don't see a crash in that log?

P

gah.. that's odd.. i saved the log as soon as it crashed...

the thing is i've fixed it, and found the problem. LogsProvider's link withint the system seems to be broken upon flashing Gr7. So even though the apk is in system/apps, android doesn't see it. I have to manually back up in titanium and restore after flashing.

by the way, an interesting read for battery life management

Edited by mynameisjon, 18 October 2011 - 01:39 PM.

Junior Bear

Junior Bear

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

the thing is i've fixed it, and found the problem. LogsProvider's link withint the system seems to be broken upon flashing Gr7. So even though the apk is in system/apps, android doesn't see it. I have to manually back up in titanium and restore after flashing.

that link is interesting. but I don't understand how you implement it into the Rom. or is it an app? confused. but if it could be implemented to a rom would be amazing!

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien

Strange, i'll keep an eye on that.

That kernel tweak looks great, i'll read more into it!

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

hanelyco

hanelyco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:HTC desire, SGS II

that link is interesting. but I don't understand how you implement it into the Rom. or is it an app? confused. but if it could be implemented to a rom would be amazing!

So whats causing the battery loss (about 60% over 3.5 hours) is that the phone is set to idle instead of a deep-idle/stop mode when the wifi is turned on? This would explain the big change in battery consumption, I cant imagine that its just down to having the wifi radio turned on.

mynameisjon

mynameisjon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

So whats causing the battery loss (about 60% over 3.5 hours) is that the phone is set to idle instead of a deep-idle/stop mode when the wifi is turned on? This would explain the big change in battery consumption, I cant imagine that its just down to having the wifi radio turned on.

actually i believe it's more than just wifi. it's the CPU drawing more power than it needs.

m1le5

m1le5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Going to flash the next update, the wifi battery drain meant that I couldnt update apps overnight or listen to iPlayer Podcasts because I'd fall asleep with the Wifi still on! Was going to make a tasker profile to cover these but it was too much of a mission.Looking forward to some exciting new features :) with a 1-0 win hopefully Paul will be in a good and productive mood ;)

Junior Bear

Junior Bear

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
if you have a problem with leaving wifi on etc. get juice defender. you can set it up to turn certain things off at certain times of the day. or set it to turn wifi off when screen is off etc

Edited by Junior Bear, 20 October 2011 - 05:55 PM.

m1le5

m1le5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I use juice defender, but I have wifi on when I go to sleep to dl new apps and listen to BBC iPlayer. My phone basically does not charge when wifi is on (energy added by charger = energy drained by system+wifi) so I swapped roms. Otherwise it was really great.

stumbo

stumbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, Asus Transformer 101
Hi Paul, I take it this build is done/abandoned?

Still FC in Polaris office for me :(

Are you working on a next ROM for SGS2?

Junior Bear

Junior Bear

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
what makes you think its abandoned?

to be fair it is far too quiet in this forum

stumbo

stumbo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:SGS3, Asus Transformer 101
Well Paul said daily updates, then said he'd pause doing the LG ROM, been a week since that...

Junior Bear

Junior Bear

Enthusiast

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Just flashed this rom. I have only one issue, but it's pretty major for myself

The Samsung keyboard phone keypad form of typing text does not work. It only does numbers.

Very frustrating

prusling

prusling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Paul, please can you include Swype 3.26 in GR7. We have instructions for updating this manually but it's difficult to get an apk for this new version when it's built in. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users