24 Oct Gr8 WIP (KJ2): MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S II with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mynameisjon

That'll be why it works so well for me then on T-Mo. :D

I hadn't spotted the icon, i'll fix that, also I don't get any tethering warnings?

re: predictive text, I can replicate that issue, weird... i'll look into it.

P

I'm on H2o (an AT&T MVNO provider), and I'm can't turn on wireless tethering because "your apn is not set up for tethering". Highly annoying since my provider doesn't require me to purchase a tethering package.. I can only hope my this doesn't apply to my native provider back in Singapore....

The 4G icon replaces the H+ icon I believe. Another one of T-mobile's shenenigans in trying to get people to believe that H+ is 4G.

For some reason, my backup of Gr7 is corrupted and restoring results in bootloops.

Edited by mynameisjon

Another request, is there anything you can do about the security issue with pin lockscreen, if you double click the voice command app starts and device is left unlocked.

Workaround is to use pattern lock instead but I prefer PIN if possible

Guest retrend

whats this about modaco/filesonic? ive got an ad free account on here and filesonic that isnt from here, how can i get kitchen downloads from filesonic rather than the slightly flakey direct downloads from here?

rom looks great btw only 2 hours in but everything seems spot on.

Guest mynameisjon

I used the 4G icon for H+ as there was no H+ icon in the AOSP build I could see. :D

P

ah... my mistake...

Is there any way you can get rid of the carrier check that gets done when activating wireless tethering?

i believe if you use market enabler to spoof AT&T and you activate wireless tethering you can reproduce it.

I'm sure Paul's busy with his new Tab8.9 (beautiful device from the looks of things) so he might have fallen behind his development schedule.

I'm going to run this for an hour this evening to see how the base build runs, but I'm most excited about the extra goodies.

Any features you can name that you specifically want in it? Kernel deep sleep would be great, extended power menu too. BLN isn't my cup of tea (mostly due to battery implications) but I'm sure that's a sought after feature. Option to disable main lock screen so widgetlocker can work uninterrupted? Any other reasonable ideas?

Guest mynameisjon

Hi Paul, I've found the culprit that prevents wireless tethering in KJ2.

Tethering Manager.

Once I froze it in Titanium, tethering works again.

Guest Mikez026

Working with this customized rom now for a while and i found a couple of things:

1 : is it possible to add an option to mute the sound when i change to volume through the volumekeys? i hate that :P

2 : does anyone know where i can find the cameramod to use the powerkey as a camera button?

or if anyone has a fix for that i'm glad 2 hear :D

What's up with the vibration icon always showing? I like it the way it's always been - showing only when vibration is ON and sound is OFF. Now it shows whenever vibration is ON and sound is ON/OFF. Annoying. Anyone know a quick fix?

Guest Mikez026

another strange problem has rizen ^^, when people call me they hear themselves talking, echo ish ? Would this be due to the use of the optimized modem?

Guest gadgetshop

Probably dumb question, but id rather ask 1st, only just got my sgs2. i rooted it and flashed gr5 but wanted to check if i can/could flash this or any other rom for future reference

Cheers

Guest enterusername

Probably dumb question, but id rather ask 1st, only just got my sgs2. i rooted it and flashed gr5 but wanted to check if i can/could flash this or any other rom for future reference

Cheers

I have the echo too sometimes, thought it was a problem with the phone? Is there a way to revert back to the original radio on the rom? :(

Guest declanc

Paul, any word on further release / move from WIP to released ?

I have tried it and found a higher than normal abttery usage (which was already bad). currently on Cognition S6 and am getting about 27 hours from it with my usage

Guest Diggedy

Has development ground to a halt on the S2? I was contemplating renewing my modaco membership but last time I did this with the desire all development stopped shortly after.

Also, are there any known (confirmed) bugs with this wip?

omg.....this thread is dead........don't even need 2 try a AED-unit ........it's over.........tnx 4 the good work P,

I enjoyed your work on the O2x, the updates and frequent communication, but with the sgsII it's different and i guess now it's over.

moving on.......

cheers!

Guest mynameisjon

omg.....this thread is dead........don't even need 2 try a AED-unit ........it's over.........tnx 4 the good work P,

I enjoyed your work on the O2x, the updates and frequent communication, but with the sgsII it's different and i guess now it's over.

moving on.......

cheers!

If you truly wanted to show your appreciation you could just say thanks. I'm sure Paul has his own life to tend to.