[ROM] StreakDroid GingerStreak 2.4 Beta

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1248 replies to this topic

angel008

angel008

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
home button is not working on me... does anyone have the same issue?

<div>never mind this issue already resolved by re-flashing the ROM.</div><div>&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>

Edited by angel008, 13 October 2011 - 07:03 AM.

cnckck58

cnckck58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Aloha and Welcome back DJ Steve and Fards!!!! Just want to say this build is awesome so far. Without you guys the streak would be dead in the water. Thanks again for all you guys do for the streak family!!

lordmorphous

lordmorphous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

home button is not working on me... does anyone have the same issue?

Try looking in your launcher settings for home button binding, at least that is what it is called in ADW. Otherwise, I don't know. I am not having this problem. So far this ROM has been great. I removed facebook, gmail, youtube, and maps using Titanium Backup then reinstalled them through the market. They all force closed on me after a reboot. Uninstalled them, reinstalled them (through the market) and the fc's stopped. Loving this!

Native texan

Native texan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

First off, great StreakDroid release! everything's pretty smooth. Browser functions fine, flash works fine, I've got GO Launcher installed with no issues... market updated to new market automatically and no issues installing apps yet.

I havent tried tethering yet tho.

So far the issues that I've found:

- Landscape orientation seems to be the default and not portrait.

- For some reason the SU Binary Updater is unable to detect where previous version has been installed... i've tried installing the SU updater fix.. but still no luck... app issue?

Thanks again guys.

Edited by Native texan, 13 October 2011 - 06:51 AM.

florin0904

florin0904

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 5 inch
Stephen Hyde For the USSD code running i found a patch but i don't know how to apply it in the rom, i search for a couple of days how to install but no luck, i hope you can help us, thanks for the rom.
http://code.google.c...es/detail?id=19
https://docs.openmok...-requests.patch
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards, Florin

Attached Files

Edited by florin0904, 13 October 2011 - 05:59 AM.

Personal attacks and / or superiority complexes are unconstructive, off-topic and unseemly. I would ask you to try and limited them ... With bowing.

Papi-jj

Papi-jj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
Welcome back DJ Steve and Fards! My Streak thanks you too!!

Loving the rom so far, but still getting the unresponsive screen during phone call.

Edited by Papi-jj, 13 October 2011 - 06:19 AM.

Diomed

Diomed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Formula 1 racing. Manufacturing processes. Vintage performance cars, ancient country music, Thoroughbred horse racing.<br /><br />
  • Devices:Streak
So far, everything looks pretty nice. I was on the latest Fards 2.3 ROM, I wiped the Dalvick and the cache, then just flashed. Thanks for the update!

the90h

the90h

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I beleive USSD problem is a bit more complicated. I see Rejected from protocol layer error im my radio log when running USSD code.It most probably related to some bug in ril-qc-1 library.

rm001

rm001

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 5
First of all - IT`S REALLY A GREAT NEWS!!!
Dear Steve, in your twitter you told about a problems with your Streak5.
Dell Streak Club of Russia (http://4pda.ru/forum...howtopic=224056) has a device for experiments (with a small defect: 1 green pixel). If you don't object, we will be glad to make it a gift to you for experiments. If you agree, we would ask you to include the Russian in the next ROMs. If you specify on the first page about our initiative, we won't object too )

Edited by rm001, 13 October 2011 - 09:33 AM.

Papi-jj

Papi-jj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
Battery drain seems pretty high compared to other 2.3 roms. I am OK with that as long as stability is here and so far going on 11 hours without a reboot. ;-)

niallmoran

niallmoran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
great work steve and fards - been using fards one for a couple of weeks and flashed this one over the top and all seems hunky dorey :D

Only things i've noticed that i don't think have been mentioned are the keys seem to do a wee rapid flash every so often and it doesn't seem to want to charge using my el-cheapo dealxtreme cradle or cable (cradle works fine in USB mode).

Was getting a few random reboots and sleep of deaths with fards that seemed to be worse with wifi on but too early to see if this rom is better in that respect.

Keep up the great work.....soon be time for an ice cream sandwich ROM :D

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Twitter:@Azurren
Welcome back to both of you :D
Downloading now, really looking forward to a stable 2.3 update!

pompeyboyz

pompeyboyz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 16GB - O2
Having a really weird problem where the phone app is FC. tried re-installing but nothing.

I tried Fards gingerstreak before and did fastboot amss or dsp1(don't think it was both) so would I need to do the 2 in the OP?

cdzo72

cdzo72

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Having a really weird problem where the phone app is FC. tried re-installing but nothing.

I tried Fards gingerstreak before and did fastboot amss or dsp1(don't think it was both) so would I need to do the 2 in the OP?

SIgh.... it states VERY CLEARLY that you should flash both

Coxeroni

Coxeroni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Did you do a factory reset from the dell menu (the one BEFORE you enter recovery) after flashing? And did you clear dalvik cache?

Edited by Coxeroni, 13 October 2011 - 03:08 PM.

RenkliArif

RenkliArif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
24 hours on 2.4 and I'm pretty fond of it. The issues I had are the following:

- ADBWireless crashes the streak and reboots.
- No USSD support
- boot takes a bit longer
- Where is streaklight, streak radio, and fm_hcitool? :P

None of these are annoyances, though. Me like :3
Everything is running very smooth compared to SD1.9.1! Go launcher transitions were very choppy, but now they look nice :D

Edited by RenkliArif, 13 October 2011 - 04:24 PM.

Vikram Mohan

Vikram Mohan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

great work steve and fards - been using fards one for a couple of weeks and flashed this one over the top and all seems hunky dorey :D

Only things i've noticed that i don't think have been mentioned are the keys seem to do a wee rapid flash every so often and it doesn't seem to want to charge using my el-cheapo dealxtreme cradle or cable (cradle works fine in USB mode).

Was getting a few random reboots and sleep of deaths with fards that seemed to be worse with wifi on but too early to see if this rom is better in that respect.

Keep up the great work.....soon be time for an ice cream sandwich ROM :D

Great work to the Streak Duo: DJ Steve and Fards. Upgraded from Fards' 2.3.3 and so far pretty smooth.
Like observed earlier, the android keys keep flashing every now and again. Not a deal breaker but a bit annoying.
Also would love to have it locked to portrait.

l0st

l0st

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm missing a feature matrix.

Multilanguage support: languages
USSD support
Voice in Google Talk
Video in Google Talk
DPI
WiFi 192.168.*.* bug
Stable WiFi?
Stable rotation?
Market hides some apps?
Market is updateable?

Papi-jj

Papi-jj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
How the battery drain for u guys? I just lost 20% in 90 minutes with moderate use.

Matt Bernius

Matt Bernius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
First of all, huge thanks to bot Steve and Fards. This is a really unexpected and welcome surprise.

Second question for the testers, with Fard's 2.3 the biggest problem I've encountered other than occasional system hangs was the reset issue. This happened especially when using an audio app in the background (google music, mort player, or internet radio). From your experience, is this still a problem in the current build?

Also, as far as battery use, I seem to remember that with Steve's Roms, the first time through there was a faster rate of battery consumption and then things slowed down after the first full discharge/recharge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users