1248 replies to this topic

Papi-jj

Papi-jj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak

First of all, huge thanks to bot Steve and Fards. This is a really unexpected and welcome surprise.

Second question for the testers, with Fard's 2.3 the biggest problem I've encountered other than occasional system hangs was the reset issue. This happened especially when using an audio app in the background (google music, mort player, or internet radio). From your experience, is this still a problem in the current build?

Also, as far as battery use, I seem to remember that with Steve's Roms, the first time through there was a faster rate of battery consumption and then things slowed down after the first full discharge/recharge.

I was good for about 20 hrs. Just finished using my GPS. Put the streak in my pocket. When I pulled it out after like a minute. It had rebooted on me. :'( That was the first reboot in 20 hrs.

mrmrmrmr

mrmrmrmr

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Devices:htc tytn
Hi Steve & Fards,

First of all, thanks for returning to us and thanks for the new rom :)

I know the answer to my question is obvious but since there is no mention about it I'd like to ask anyway:
do we have the source for the kernel in this rom ?

Thanks.

lordmorphous

lordmorphous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Been running this for about 16 hours so far and it's been great! Thank you DJSteve and fards! I had one sleep of death this morning and had to do a battery pull. I restarted it and left it alone for 6.5 hours. When I woke it up, it showed wifi was still connected, but there was no data throughput and had to disable/enable wifi to get it back. On a positive note, I only lost 3% battery in those 6.5 hours. I've since installed Blade Wifi Fix from the market, but it hasn't been long enough to see if it works or not. Any ideas? Anything I can do to help troubleshoot?

Update: Blade Wifi Fix didn't do anything, so I uninstalled it. A workaround that seems to take care of it is to not set Wifi Sleep Mode to never. It reverts to mobile data when the screen is off which presumably uses more battery, but at least I get my notifications. From what I can tell, this seems to be a widespread problem with Android in general.

Edited by lordmorphous, 13 October 2011 - 07:55 PM.

Tungsifu

Tungsifu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Yo DJ, coming from beta2 is it necessary to flash amss and dsp1 again? I'm getting flashing lights, doesn't really bother me, I'll just flash n see what happens tonight...GPS doesn't seem to wanna turn off after using aps, or it might just be icon stays on in notification bar, out it might just be cause I just flashed over beta 2 without doing the amss/dsp1...I guess Waite until I finish with complete flash before I post, but I'm sure I can't be the only lazy ass is there reason why I'll still post this post...;p

okay flashed both amss and dsp1 and it seems to have fixed led flash...so basically just laced this over beta2 and flashed those two...not saying thats the propper way to do but she's runnin so buttery i to think you cats are ready to ditch the beta title!!!

Edited by Tungsifu, 14 October 2011 - 04:37 AM.

lordmorphous

lordmorphous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Yo DJ, coming from beta2 is it necessary to flash amss and dsp1 again? I'm getting flashing lights, doesn't really bother me, I'll just flash n see what happens tonight...GPS doesn't seem to wanna turn off after using aps, or it might just be icon stays on in notification bar, out it might just be cause I just flashed over beta 2 without doing the amss/dsp1...I guess Waite until I finish with complete flash before I post, but I'm sure I can't be the only lazy ass is there reason why I'll still post this post...;p

Yes it is necessary to flash them. Gets rid of the flashing leds. I noticed the GPS icon staying active after exiting apps that use GPS (Maps and Facebook) and started to get concerned, but noticed that they did turn off after a minute or so, maybe less.

On a side note: DJSteve, fards, and most other developers are usually pretty explicit in their instruction, meaning if they say something is necessary it's because it is...well...necessary. If it wasn't in a particular case, they would say so in the beginning to help prevent the thread from getting cluttered with repeated questions. If you want to see the epitamy of a thread with repeated questions, look at fard's Streakdroid 2.3 thread on XDA Developers. Must be 40 posts asking, "Why does my baseband show as 'unknown'?"

kidrock23

kidrock23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:dell streak
Thank you Stephen and fards. Hope you can start working on an MIui or Cm7.1 port.
Much appreciated.

Regards
Charles

kidrock23

kidrock23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:dell streak
Thank you Stephen and fards. Hope you can start working on an MIui or Cm7.1 port.
Much appreciated.

Regards
Charles

Virtu300

Virtu300

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Been running the ROM for approx 20hrs. Battery consumption seems nominal. However, I did use the Battery Calibrator, not sure if that has any effect or not.

The tether option is gone from the Wireless menu. I have had this problem with the Italian International ROM from Maxicet, as well as Gingerstreak 2.3.3.
No one else is experiencing problems with the tethering UI? ARGH!

Noticed my phone started doing a chronic reboot (approx every 10 min) while I was driving downtown. GPS enabled, but was not in Google maps, WiFi enabled. Took the battery out for a few min, put it back in, but was still doing it. Turned off the WiFi, not sure if that was causing the issue, but the rebooting has stopped for the moment. I was beginning to think that maybe if the WiFi is going through too many networks appearing and disappearing while scanning, it was causing the OS to become unstable? Just a stab in the dark...

I'd really love some help re tether UI missing though. :-(

Stephen Hyde

Stephen Hyde

Hardcore

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts
  • Devices:Atrix, Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@dmonsterprod

Been running the ROM for approx 20hrs. Battery consumption seems nominal. However, I did use the Battery Calibrator, not sure if that has any effect or not.

The tether option is gone from the Wireless menu. I have had this problem with the Italian International ROM from Maxicet, as well as Gingerstreak 2.3.3.
No one else is experiencing problems with the tethering UI? ARGH!

Noticed my phone started doing a chronic reboot (approx every 10 min) while I was driving downtown. GPS enabled, but was not in Google maps, WiFi enabled. Took the battery out for a few min, put it back in, but was still doing it. Turned off the WiFi, not sure if that was causing the issue, but the rebooting has stopped for the moment. I was beginning to think that maybe if the WiFi is going through too many networks appearing and disappearing while scanning, it was causing the OS to become unstable? Just a stab in the dark...

I'd really love some help re tether UI missing though. :-(

tethering menu works and appears here- see below - excuse the crap pic my streak is dying.

Attached Files

Devices: Dell Streak(O2 MBB), Nokia E63(O2 PAYG), Nokia N900(T-Mobile Contract)| Notion Ink Adam(PixelQi+3G+WiFi | HTC Wildfire | Nexus One
Developing Android/Cyanogenmod for Streak - Please feel free to Donate : GBP Donate | USD Donate
Developing Officially For Notion Ink Adam - Please feel free to Donate: GBP Donate | USD Donate

Papi-jj

Papi-jj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
Superuser keeps force closing on me. Can uninstall cause titanium backup needs root access. Update: nevermind resolved it with a clear cache.

Edited by Papi-jj, 13 October 2011 - 08:55 PM.

RenkliArif

RenkliArif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I am also having the Wifi dying issue. Is there any fix for that?

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Twitter:@Azurren
Really impressed so far.. Yet my real test starts tomarrow :P
I can confirm the Wifi issue.. Not really a big deal though (Switched it to default "only when screen on" for now)
Tested Opera.. Posting now, tested iplayer after the phones been running for long time. (All would cause issues on older versions)
So far so good :D

Yeah I would also love to see MIUI and CyanogenMod. But tbh I'm just really pleased with this ;)

Tungsifu

Tungsifu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Yes it is necessary to flash them. Gets rid of the flashing leds. I noticed the GPS icon staying active after exiting apps that use GPS (Maps and Facebook) and started to get concerned, but noticed that they did turn off after a minute or so, maybe less.

On a side note: DJSteve, fards, and most other developers are usually pretty explicit in their instruction, meaning if they say something is necessary it's because it is...well...necessary. If it wasn't in a particular case, they would say so in the beginning to help prevent the thread from getting cluttered with repeated questions. If you want to see the epitamy of a thread with repeated questions, look at fard's Streakdroid 2.3 thread on XDA Developers. Must be 40 posts asking, "Why does my baseband show as 'unknown'?"

Yeah I understand that, I was led to believe that they were the same files being that he just made some tweaks to the same ROM, but I guess not...please don't let this thread turn into another one of them bitch at noob fest (that which I'm am not) feel free to bitch at me personally through pm though...thanks

Edited by Tungsifu, 14 October 2011 - 04:31 AM.

RenkliArif

RenkliArif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Here is a real dealbreaker I'm having: Whenever I get an incoming call, the phone process crashes, and I can't answer the call. I'm running 240 DPI with the international (including phone) patches.

Papi-jj

Papi-jj

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Really impressed so far.. Yet my real test starts tomarrow
I can confirm the Wifi issue.. Not really a big deal though (Switched it to default "only when screen on" for now)
Tested Opera.. Posting now, tested iplayer after the phones been running for long time. (All would cause issues on older versions)
So far so good

Yeah I would also love to see MIUI and CyanogenMod. But tbh I'm just really pleased with this

Yes wifi dropping on my too.

tremSr

tremSr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak, Htc HD2, Galaxy S

Here is a real dealbreaker I'm having: Whenever I get an incoming call, the phone process crashes, and I can't answer the call. I'm running 240 DPI with the international (including phone) patches.

Does it crash in both landscape and portrait?

RenkliArif

RenkliArif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Does it crash in both landscape and portrait?

Apparently this issue is caused by flashing the international language addon found on XDA. When I flashed 2.4 again this problem is solved.

cnckck58

cnckck58

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Are u sure this is a beta? right now the only problems I've seen was my superuser not recognizing root or wifi shutting down, but fixed it with superuser elite then wiping dalvik cache and rebooted. Every app I had problems with on the previous 2.3 build all work without a flaw on this rom. Thanks again DJ Steve and Fards for reviving my streak once again!!

shabicht

shabicht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

tethering menu works and appears here- see below - excuse the crap pic my streak is dying.

I do not see that option in the wireless and network settings menu. This has been the case since I updated to 2.3 and it is still the case with 2.4.

I have no idea why it's like this for me and not for others. It doesn't bother me too much as I don't tether very frequently, but it would be nice to know what is going on.

wgizmo

wgizmo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
HI Stephen and good to see you again here. I fought Streak is history already :)

I have question to all of you about this new 2.4 incomming. I run StreakDroid 1.9 for quiet long time and im very happy. Everything working what i need. My question is what new and what improvment waiting in 2.4 version? I mean what i will get new and what will work better in this new rom?
Sorry for noobish question but i would like to know what can improve in our streak with new android on old hardware :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users