New Flash version works perfectly on Orange SanFrancisco

Guest Asghar_UK

how do i install this, do i have to root my phone..im not sure on what to do, and also is it worth it because i really want bbc iplayer thats the main reason why i want this thanks

Guest targetbsp

Download it to the sd card in the phones browser or download it your computer and copy it to the sd card using the usb cable. Then click on it in your file manager software and choose install. You don't need root.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Kamikaze.
has anyone tried this version with the "opera mobile" browser, its supposed to support flash, but it didnt work with the 10.2 version of flash.

Opera does not support Flash. When needed to use Flash, use Miren, Default, or Dolphin.

Opera mini doesn't support flash, Opera mobile does.

Yes opera mobile supports flash,however,our hacked flash does not work with opera mobile.

Dont know why,anyone care to enlighten ?

Download it to the sd card in the phones browser or download it your computer and copy it to the sd card using the usb cable. Then click on it in your file manager software and choose install. You don't need root.

ok thanks, i'll try this

Mint.

I now have flash iPlayer as smooth as you like thanks to this.

Using xScope Browser, not tried default yet.

I hope it does not leave me open to flash adverts though, battery will suffer.

if it is possible to install flash on arm6, why they don't make it available on the market?

thanks for the info btw! only a pity it doesn't work with opera mini, which is my browser..

Guest eyespy (aka Steve)

Neat :) Installed flash 10.2 - iplayer (web) now playing videos over wifi.

Anyone know how to force iplayer to play over a 3G connection?

Blade gen1, Swedish Spring RLS5

Guest leetron1

Neat :) Installed flash 10.2 - iplayer (web) now playing videos over wifi.

Anyone know how to force iplayer to play over a 3G connection?

Blade gen1, Swedish Spring RLS5

Try this

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lordofangels

Seems a moot point now that Adobe has pulled support for Flash on mobiles - HTML5 is the way to go.... just saying :)

Couldn't agree more, HTML5 is the future, but until then...just sayinwink.gif

Guest targetbsp

It installs okay, but according to a flash test webpage I'm still using 10.3. Perhaps this new apk is 10.3 too.

Yeah, I think it's fake. The libflashplayer.so file in both 10.3 and this so called 11 is exactly the same. The resource files are different but it looks like someone just decompiled 11 and copied in the lib file from 10.3. The lib file is the biggy that presumably does all the work making this pointless.

10.3 IS different to 10.2 though (and also behaves differently on my phone) so those 2 were done by someone talented rather than someone that just knows how to type apktool into a command line.

Edited by targetbsp

thanks for the link to the iplayer apk, but having put it on my sd card, it won't install. any idea why?

Flash 10.3 working well on wifi.

blade gen 1 with jj9,

I think it's to do with Gen1, those that have updated to Gen2 don't seem to have a problem with the iPlayer app.