Music on the Monte/Carlo

Guest garagemc

Guest garagemc

Hi,

Just got the OMC, all very nice and lovely. Apart from the headphone socket.

I downloaded grooveshark and listened to some music via my headphones (decent pair).

It sounds awful - as if your stuck in a steel factory. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as my iTouch but this is just awful.

I also tried youtube and got similar results.

Now the key question: do those of you that have put a custom rom on your phone experienced better quality music when listening via headphones? I'm trying to figure out if rooting the device and changing roms is worth my time - otherwise this device is headed straight back into the shops.

TL;DR: What is the quality of the music/sound that comes out of your OMC when listening via headphones? Is it awful like mine?

Guest dadashi

confirm extremely good music quality...as good as any high end smartphone, much better than Blade...

...but its not an ipod...

Edited by dadashi

Guest garagemc

I figured out the problem. It's my headphones, for some strange reason the sound goes strange with the specific combination of my headphones (soundmagic) and OMC. Which sucks as I'm starting to like the phone but it's going to have to go back.

Guest Wacky.ddw

When i first got the zte skate i tried using my iphone earbuds, and i had the same sound issues as you have. But then i used the earbuds that came with the device and everything sounded great. I also tried my other speaker setups and at first it sounded awful, then i compared the audio jacks, and i noticed that the original jacks have a slightly diffent build to them.

Anyway plugging the iphone earbuds in halfway/not all the way, solved the problem.

I still find this annoying, because i'm using the ZTE Skate as an Ipod replacement.