Nofan Tasi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:G SII - M P4310 - M 99300
  • Twitter:@tasinofan

Hi Wacky
I would not call myself noob if I were one of the few having an aldi medion rooted :mellow:

The driver you used is same as I used (found in a tillaz post)

Just a few questions ...

- what exact windows version do you use? 32bit or 64bit ?
- did you install driver before installing CWM or (as tillaz) during CWM install while <waiting for device> ?

Thanks!

I could install driver from extra directory in sdk Program Files x86 Android directory and selecting the inf file there
It took a while to finish I must say ...

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Devices:None :(

Hi Wacky
I would not call myself noob if I were one of the few having an aldi medion rooted :mellow:

The driver you used is same as I used (found in a tillaz post)

Just a few questions ...

- what exact windows version do you use? 32bit or 64bit ?
- did you install driver before installing CWM or (as tillaz) during CWM install while <waiting for device> ?

Thanks!

Try other drivers, there are more on the forum just download them all. And when you get wating for device search the folders. Here i have windows 7 64x, but i installed clockworkmod on a windows xp 32bit pc. But eighterway you wil need to find the right drivers, once you have them the rest is very easy.

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Yazim

Yazim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I did :)

Just follow this tutorial to install Clockworkmod Recovery.
http://android.modac...-the-zte-skate/

When you have CWM recovery you can make a backup, and then try to install Cyanogenmod. But if i where you i would install bluemonte. Its mutch faster then Cyanogenmod.

Hi Wacky and others,

I also have the Medion life P4310 from Aldi Belgium and want to root the phone to get rid of some pre-installed apps. I followed this tutorial and everything seemed to work.
The phone rebooted but seems to be a little slower than before and the wifi isn't stable anymore. It sometimes stops and then reconnect after that.
I then installed Link2sd to move or delete some system apps but the program says that it can not get rood access.
What did I do wrong?

Is there something else I have to do that is not in the tutorial?
I have read every post on this topic here but i don't always get what is said.
Is it possible to have a step by step explanation on how to root this phone.
I'm very new at this and don't know anything about android.
Is there someone who can explain what I have to do to make a backup and how I can install bluemonte or Cyanogenmod?
Can i keep my phone the way it is and get root access?
What about the file Johnny Hung posted, is there someone who tried that?

Thanks for your help.

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Do you have clockworkmod installed and flashed a new rom, else you dont have root acces. And i noticed the first time you boot allways takes a lot longer. I think when you install a new rom or put your backup back on the pone it has to load settings first or something like that.

Im also very new i only joined the day i bought the phone, so thats not so long ago. As you can see in the previous post im also new to android and im allso a noob. But here is what i did:

1: Install clockworkmod recovery.

2: Whent into clockworkmod and choose: make backup

3: downloaded bluemonte and put it on the SD card

4: Whent to recovery and followed these steps, but im using bluemonte not atomicblue. But the rom installation is the same.
http://android.modac...d/#entry1819975

5: downloaded the powerbar notification widget and flashed it.

I am a big fan of bluemonte since Cyanogen mod caused my phone to crash when i wanted to call, or got called.
Dont know if this is any help? Do they still sell the phones at the aldi? i tought it was just till the stock was depleted, wich was allmost immediately in Sint-Niklaas.

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 10 November 2011 - 12:53 AM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

v1pEr

v1pEr

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Devices:MEDION P4310 (ZTE SKATE)

Can you confirm the phone can be restored to the original state with this backup? (for warranty reasons)

Nofan Tasi

Nofan Tasi

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Devices:G SII - M P4310 - M 99300
  • Twitter:@tasinofan

I am a big fan of bluemonte since Cyanogen mod caused my phone to crash when i wanted to call, or got called.
Dont know if this is any help? Do they still sell the phones at the aldi? i tought it was just till the stock was depleted, wich was allmost immediately in Sint-Niklaas.

Hi Wacky

I have no major issues with cyanogen mod

other question: what would be a good CPU overclocked value for the Medion (I use 844 now)? and, in fact, I forgot what the original value is, do you recall?

Thanks

Yazim

Yazim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Do you have clockworkmod installed and flashed a new rom, else you dont have root acces. And i noticed the first time you boot allways takes a lot longer. I think when you install a new rom or put your backup back on the pone it has to load settings first or something like that.

Im also very new i only joined the day i bought the phone, so thats not so long ago. As you can see in the previous post im also new to android and im allso a noob. But here is what i did:

3: downloaded bluemonte and put it on the SD card

4: Whent to recovery and followed these steps, but im using bluemonte not atomicblue. But the rom installation is the same.
http://android.modac...d/#entry1819975

5: downloaded the powerbar notification widget and flashed it.

Thanx Wacky,

I did it and it works I think. I'm not able to remove some apps like docs to go but all the other pre-installed crap is gone.

Don't think they still sell the phones at this moment. I bought mine on the day it came in the shops but by noon they where all gone.

Anyway, thanks allot for helping me. Just one question thou, can I still restore to the original state if I wanted to?

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Hi Wacky

other question: what would be a good CPU overclocked value for the Medion (I use 844 now)? and, in fact, I forgot what the original value is, do you recall?

Thanks

I would not know, i also tried overclocking but it gave a error when i rebooted that the value's where not set... So i turned off apply on reboot, and rebooted and that solved the problem...

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Thanx Wacky,

I did it and it works I think. I'm not able to remove some apps like docs to go but all the other pre-installed crap is gone.

Don't think they still sell the phones at this moment. I bought mine on the day it came in the shops but by noon they where all gone.

Anyway, thanks allot for helping me. Just one question thou, can I still restore to the original state if I wanted to?

Yes you can! :P There is a backup on the first page just put it on your SD card and go to backup and restore and do restore. If you made a backup yourself before flashing, it sould allready be on your SD card.

You will need a tool for removing stock apps. If you search a litte you wil find it i think its on the last page of the bluemonte thread. But you will be better to just flash a new rom to the phone it makes it a lot faster.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

hvis1608

hvis1608

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Devices:Medion life P4310 / Zte Skate

Yes you can! :P There is a backup on the first page just put it on your SD card and go to backup and restore and do restore. If you made a backup yourself before flashing, it sould allready be on your SD card.

You will need a tool for removing stock apps. If you search a litte you wil find it i think its on the last page of the bluemonte thread. But you will be better to just flash a new rom to the phone it makes it a lot faster.

Thanks. I have got ClockwokMod installed, but I am not sure whether I have root access. How to check? In super manager is does not seem to allow me to enable root access needing tools.
Where is this backup on the first page? do you mean on the first page of the new ROM installation?

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Thanks. I have got ClockwokMod installed, but I am not sure whether I have root access. How to check? In super manager is does not seem to allow me to enable root access needing tools.
Where is this backup on the first page? do you mean on the first page of the new ROM installation?

I dont know what supermanager is :S And if you have a new rom (OS) installed you are rooted. If you you did not install a modifyd Medion ROM or custom rom like Cyanogenmod you dont have root acces. Installing Clockworkmod is not rooting your device it gives you the options to do it.

I edited the first post i hope it makes things clear...

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

hvis1608

hvis1608

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

I dont know what supermanager is :S And if you have a new rom (OS) installed you are rooted. If you you did not install a modifyd Medion ROM or custom rom like Cyanogenmod you dont have root acces. Installing Clockworkmod is not rooting your device it gives you the options to do it.

I edited the first post i hope it makes things clear...

Thanks. I've got it now. You recommend the Bluemonte. You never had any issues? It all works fine with Bluemonte?

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Thanks. I've got it now. You recommend the Bluemonte. You never had any issues? It all works fine with Bluemonte?

Yes it all works fine with bluemonte, im using Cyanogenmod right now and thats pretty good two. It has more options and i think better battery life.
But bluemonte is more stable and looks really nice but its allmost the same imo.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

hvis1608

hvis1608

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Yes it all works fine with bluemonte, im using Cyanogenmod right now and thats pretty good two. It has more options and i think better battery life.
But bluemonte is more stable and looks really nice but its allmost the same imo.

With bluemonte MyPhoneExplorer (to sync contacts, agenda, etc.) did not longer work, so I re-flashed it with the rooted ROM for Medion + Link2SD. Works perfectly

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
Actually i never tried Johnny Hung's methode, how do you do that?

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 06 December 2011 - 02:42 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

hvis1608

hvis1608

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Actually i never tried Johnny Hung's methode, how do you do that?

Sorry Wacky for not having replied earlier, but I was out. In fact I followed the instructions, it is similar as flashing other images. However I still had some troubles recquiring me to reinstall, and today I found out why. My micro sdhc (sandisk) 8gb died. So now I lost the link2SD data and some other data on the SD card (most is backed up). So while I wait for the new 16gb microsd arrives I will use my good old ACER F900 (windows mobile). Will copy the back up on new microsd (including the steps for link2sd) in the hope that I do not need to reinstall everything. If all goes wrong, I will have to reinstall everything (will keep me busy for a weekend or so). So in short all my annoyances were probably due to the bad microsd card and not the phone (I hope)

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
I added all the links to the front page. :D

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 08 December 2011 - 02:49 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

hvis1608

hvis1608

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Sorry Wacky for not having replied earlier, but I was out. In fact I followed the instructions, it is similar as flashing other images. However I still had some troubles recquiring me to reinstall, and today I found out why. My micro sdhc (sandisk) 8gb died. So now I lost the link2SD data and some other data on the SD card (most is backed up). So while I wait for the new 16gb microsd arrives I will use my good old ACER F900 (windows mobile). Will copy the back up on new microsd (including the steps for link2sd) in the hope that I do not need to reinstall everything. If all goes wrong, I will have to reinstall everything (will keep me busy for a weekend or so). So in short all my annoyances were probably due to the bad microsd card and not the phone (I hope)

UPDATE:
Have put a new 8GB card in (class4) and did not experience any other problems. Upgraded now to a 16GB class 6 and it is even better. Here and there my MP3 seems to hick up when listening so I'll try another music player, but this can also be due to the file and perhaps the CPU speed booster. Will try to find out.

RE-UPDATE:
The hick-ups when playing mp3s seems to be due to the wifi scanning while walking/metro-ing, etc.. If I disable wifi the music runs fluently.

Edited by hvis1608, 21 December 2011 - 10:02 AM.

hvis1608

hvis1608

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Have somebody want to try my patch file for MEDION P4310 Android 2.3.5 --> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D7NKE5AR
I had to verification on the Taiwan-mobile T3 Android 2.3.5 , root permissions added no problem !
(please refer to attach readme.txt ,first !)

Thanks, I have it. It works. I have also installed superuser, link2sd and it all works great. Did also overclocking but disabled this out of fear to consume more battery power (prefer a bit slower but longer use). Moved the medion navigation to the sdcard (saving space on the device). Also added some ringtones and notification sounds to the phone deleting those on the phone which I did not lide, hences making sure that even by using the usb storage function the ringtone does not go back to the default one.
Overall very pleased with the phone and your rom. My compliments and thanks.

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

Hi Wacky

Thanks

The original clock was around 787MHz. I overclocked my phone to 960MHz, but it often got very hot and the battery drained like crazy. So now I'm at 825MHz, and it's plenty fast for me. The internet-connection is the real bottleneck for me. I have Mobile Vikings, which is great in Leuven, excellent 3G-reception there, but when I'm not in Leuven I only have Edge-connection, so it's veeeery slowly then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users