211 replies to this topic

Atomix86

Atomix86

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Devices:See sig
Mine is clocked at 960mhz and has run well since day one, every cpu has a different limit however, so try one increment at a time until it won't take it, you'll soon find the sweet spot.

Nasty budget phones, begone! Hello sexy brand new Galaxy S2!

teemo

teemo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Devices:Medion P4310 - CM7 Powered

The original clock was around 787MHz. I overclocked my phone to 960MHz, but it often got very hot and the battery drained like crazy. So now I'm at 825MHz, and it's plenty fast for me. The internet-connection is the real bottleneck for me. I have Mobile Vikings, which is great in Leuven, excellent 3G-reception there, but when I'm not in Leuven I only have Edge-connection, so it's veeeery slowly then.

Can I ask you, what are your upload speeds ?
(mine 80-90Kbit/s with H or G icon)

What does the spec on your box say ?
(mine from Aldi germany say 384Kbit/s)

Network is TDC Denmark, which has full speed U/D on other phone with same sim.

I am really puzzled by this, since it is *assumed* that the P4310 is a Skate/OMC clone.
Looks like hardware is ul-limited.
I have tried stock radio and now T743TB01 with same lame result. Stock Medion / CM7 / Atomic 2.5

Any thoughts ?

Redstarr1

Redstarr1

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Devices:Xperia S, ZTE Skate

Can I ask you, what are your upload speeds ?
(mine 80-90Kbit/s with H or G icon)

What does the spec on your box say ?
(mine from Aldi germany say 384Kbit/s)

Network is TDC Denmark, which has full speed U/D on other phone with same sim.

I am really puzzled by this, since it is *assumed* that the P4310 is a Skate/OMC clone.
Looks like hardware is ul-limited.
I have tried stock radio and now T743TB01 with same lame result. Stock Medion / CM7 / Atomic 2.5

Any thoughts ?

Can't check that now because I'm at my parents' place and the network only has 2G available here. When I go to my own place this weekend, I have HDSPA connection and I could check it out for you (the box is also there, to see the specs). But I can already tell you that it's way more than 80-90Kbit/s, probably even more than 384. Feels just as fast as using WiFi. So it's a problem only you seem to have.

I have another problem though: when I remove the battery or I use the phone until the battery is completely empty, I can't send any messages or call anyone for a while afterwards. Takes up to 8 hours before it starts working again. That's actually the reason I got this phone, because my brother was using it at first and he kept on having this problem. But installing another ROM seems to have fixed this problem, it didn't happen last time when I got the battery out to insert another SD-card. Anyone else have this weird problem?

jamal2367

jamal2367

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Devices:Buzz
Rooted ROM for MEDION P4310 (Thanks to Johnny Hung)
Adds only root permissions: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZUDEEYY
Includes the root permissions and overclock kernel: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMBB7QQQ

Links offline :(

Can you Re-upload the file?

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Devices:Xiaomi MI-2s 32GB

Links offline :(

Can you Re-upload the file?

Doing it right now :)

>>>> [FAQ] Rooting for beginners <<<<

Tutorial on installing installing Superboot and Clockworkmod.

Changing bootscreen, how to unbrick and more.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
The easiest way to go back to complete stock (if you have clockworkmod installed)

Step 1: Flash the medion backup i made (after i flashed clockworkmod)

Step 2: skip if you didnt change your splash screen. "MEDION_STOCK_SPLASH_CMW.zip"

Step 3: Flash "stock_recovery_signed.zip" Once you reboot clockworkmod will be gone :)

Or if you want to flash all the partitions trough ADB follow my tutorial and download the FULL stock backup :)

Here is the link all the files are there :) http://minus.com/mTDUBIpFa

Edited by Wacky.ddw, 08 March 2012 - 09:53 PM.

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:customize my ZTE Skate, mobile phones, dance in tournaments and play drums :)
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Der_Flooo, F_LOVES_J

The easiest way to go back to complete stock (if you have clockworkmod installed)

Step 1: Flash the medion backup i made (after i flashed clockworkmod)

Step 2: skip if you didnt change your splash screen. "MEDION_STOCK_SPLASH_CMW.zip"

Step 3: Flash "stock_recovery_signed.zip" Once you reboot clockworkmod will be gone :)

Or if you want to flash all the partitions trough ADB follow my tutorial and download the FULL stock backup :)

Here is the link all the files are there :) http://minus.com/mTDUBIpFa

a little question but my english is bad..i have a medion p4310 from aldi...and flashed some cutsom roms and sometimes the orginal ZTE stock rom ...but now i would like to go back to the orginal rom from aldi...i do it like you i flashed the backup etc....but when i boot i get a never ending black screen...the screen is light...but nothing comes...?!?!? and how i can flash the rom through adb?? ...for the zte stock rom i created an image with TPTGenerator....but for the medion rom it doesnt work...i hope somebody understand me and help ?!

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

a little question but my english is bad..i have a medion p4310 from aldi...and flashed some cutsom roms and sometimes the orginal ZTE stock rom ...but now i would like to go back to the orginal rom from aldi...i do it like you i flashed the backup etc....but when i boot i get a never ending black screen...the screen is light...but nothing comes...?!?!? and how i can flash the rom through adb?? ...for the zte stock rom i created an image with TPTGenerator....but for the medion rom it doesnt work...i hope somebody understand me and help ?!

Follow part 10 in my FAQ then download the files and follow the instructions in the post above :)

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Interests:customize my ZTE Skate, mobile phones, dance in tournaments and play drums :)

Follow part 10 in my FAQ then download the files and follow the instructions in the post above :)

so i tried to flash the stock vie adb !!! all works but when i want to flash the system.img ...adb says to me system.img ist to large...error...?! WHAT? :(

Muloo

Muloo

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Devices:SGS3 / ZTE SKATE
  • Twitter:@muloo_r

hi there

First of, great tutorial !

I had no problems to install rooted rom

my only question is, could you please re-upload the custom GB_BEL + Su rom 2.3.5 because MU is offline :s
Only the 2.3.4 link still work

Thanks

Edited by Muloo, 23 March 2012 - 08:21 PM.

frikje

frikje

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:ZTE skate - HTC Sensation HD
  • Twitter:@eSterckx

HERE ARE THE LINKS LINKS FOR THE MEDION P4310

GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02 (Thanks to v1pEr and me)
This is complete stock, flash trough ADB.
LINK: http://min.us/mTDUBIpFa#1o

Hi,
i have no idea how i can flash the stock rom with ADB.
I can't find any information on google for this device, nor general tutorials. I downloaded the rar with the boot,recovery and system-files.
can u help me?

Bedankt op voorhand :)

Edited by frikje, 24 March 2012 - 02:32 PM.

Metin777

Metin777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Rooted ROM for MEDION P4310 (Thanks to Johnny Hung)
Adds only root permissions: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZUDEEYY
Includes the root permissions and overclock kernel: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SMBB7QQQ

Please upload these files to other place. MU is offline. Thanks in advance for the new links.

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate ( by Medion )
Hello guys having a Medion Skate ...

I'm a bit puzzle since a couple of weeks ...
my GPS is not working really well ( close to not work at all ) ... if I have a signal it's for a couple of second , nothing more !!!
not really easy for gps navigation ...

It's nto the software ... as google navigation & sygic have the same problem ... it's really coming from the way the skate is receiving or interpreting the gps info.

I tried to do a full factory reset ( I've not yet tried to reflash the stock image from Medion ... ) .. re-install the Atomic R13 ..
Always the same problem :(

Any idea how to find the root cause ( and find a solution ? )

Thanks

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hello

No reply to my last mail ... :(

I'll try something : make the phone as the first day , but for that I need a stock rom of the Aldi Medion Skate

Do you have a link to this rom ? ( the link I see in this topic are always megaupload one :( )

Kind regards

Der_Floo

Der_Floo

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Hello

No reply to my last mail ... :(

I'll try something : make the phone as the first day , but for that I need a stock rom of the Aldi Medion Skate

Do you have a link to this rom ? ( the link I see in this topic are always megaupload one :( )

Kind regards

what is the problem ?
http://min.us/mTDUBIpFa#1o
download and unzip and you have your stock rom ?! :) i used it too because i have the aldi ZTE verdion too :)

Wacky.ddw

Wacky.ddw

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
Flash this patch it works really well for me :)

http://android.modac...ch#entry1927596

[UPDATED 26-02-2012]

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
for the A Gps patch .. it's not helping on my case ... ( fear it's a hardware issue )

That's why I really wants to re-install a stock rom ...
by the way der_floo ... thanks for the link ... but I think you wanted to say : "aldi ZTE Medion" ( instead of "aldi ZTE verdion" ) right ?

I'll try the stock rom .. if my gps issue is still there
If yes , I'll have to send my Smartphone to the Medion support !
and for this ... I'll have anyway to re-install a stock rom .... at least
( I'm not sure I'll be able to resize the partitions to the original size and remove the clockworkmod )

-- edit --

First trial is not that good ...

MD5 mismatch when trying to "restore" it :(

-- edit 2 --

I retry the download ... to be sure , but always the same error
Then I found another file : GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02-update_signed.zip that seems to be a file to install with "install from zip"

But .. when trying to install the recovery , there is also an error
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img", "recovery")
E:Error in /sdcard/GB_BEL_MEDION_P743V1.0.0B02-update_signed.zip ( status 7)
Installation aborted.

Anybody with a good idea to get this re-installed ?

Edited by cryoglobe, 07 May 2012 - 09:37 PM.

C3C0

C3C0

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,178 posts
  • Devices:THL W8
You should check the partitions. Looks like you have repartitioned memory. Use tpt helper from market. Note that after you restore stock from backup you'll have to still reflash the stock recovery. They won't be very happy seeing clockworkmod there :)

Easier would be to use stock tpt.

Links to my stuff: SlimBean (Android 4.2.2), RootBox (CM/AOKP/PA mix 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly2 (AOSPA 4.2.2), ParanoidJelly (JB), ParanoidAndroid (ICS), MokeeOS (GB), CM7.2 (GB), SKatie (GB), SwedishSnow (GB), Kernels
If you like my contribution to Android community, click donate button on my page at: http://ceco.sk.eu.org
Please, do not use personal conversation to solve your problems. Use forum - its power is often underestimated. If I can't help somebody else will certainly try to. Thanks.

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
oups ... I think I'm even more in troubles ..

I used TPT Helper to set back the partition ( v2 ) , which means the less space for data & max size of system .. ( but I think it's not yet the "original sizing )

As I still had the two errors ( Md5 mismatch , and assert failed )
I wanted to restore my backup to have a working phone for the day ... restore successfully done .. but at boot time it's stuck on the "Medion" first screen

If I press the down key when I power on the phone , the luminosity of the screen ( medion ) is increasing then go black and is showed again and I hopefully can reach clockworkmod ...

What next ?

-- edit --

I found an older backup on my SD ... that successfully installed ( as the other ) but this times .. could boot correctly

Is the boot blocked because of the boot.img or the system.img ? I could then try to restore my normal backup and do an advance restore to overwrite the boot or system file from the backup that fully boot.

Edited by cryoglobe, 08 May 2012 - 07:23 AM.

cryoglobe

cryoglobe

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
hello guys ... my return "label" to send back my Medion Skate to Medion is only valid two weeks ... and already 5 days over !! 5 days trying many roms , partitioning , etc ... to get back a "stock Medion Skate"

But ... still block ... and even sometime with issue to restore a backup I did some time ago

TPT Helper could indeed help me to resize the partitions , but I still have the same error ( assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/recovery.img", "recovery")

But out of the 4 choices for the partitions , I think there is not the original sizing of the partitions ( right ? )

Do you have tip & tricks to help me to successfully "reset" as out of the box , the skate so I can send it to the Medion support ?

Kind regards

Edited by cryoglobe, 13 May 2012 - 08:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users